• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Not feeling any buzz from oxycodone (suboxone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zagor11

Bluelighter
I hope I am in the right category.

Hi everyone

For over 3 years I was using, then abusing oxycodone, oxycontin. I was prescribed it for my chronic pain but it got out of hand and I became an abuser. I was using VERY high doses the last 12 months of the use. Then I had to go to addiction clinic and was given suboxone. I was on 16 mg for almost 5 months.

Suboxone (I have pre-existing depression and anxiety) made me numb, fatigued, dysphoria and losing will to live plus many other symptoms symilar to opioid withdrawal.

I went to my doctor and asked him to put me back on oxy. She started me on 10 mg 3xday. I took my last dose od 8 mg of sub 52 hours before I took oxy. I felt a bit better from very mild sub withdrawal. Then I took 20 mg more (total 30). It made me sleep.

10 hours later I took 20 mg. Feel OK but no buzz* Then 2 hours ago, 76 hours since the last sub dose I took 30 mg oxycodone and again, nothing.

I just feel confusion and depression.

*Now I will mention why I want to catch some "high". I am VERY aware how these pills can trick me again but my intention is to be on them about 3 month until I find an antidepressant that works. the HIGH helps for depression in a short term similar to alcohol but I know it is not a treatment for it, I use it only until I can feel depression and anxiety free. (I believe Suboxone blocked all AD I tried). This is not an excuse because I could simply ask how to get high after suboxone but these are the facts.

At this moment it has been exactly 78 hours since I took last dose of sub and 2 hours since I took oxy.

My question is, how long it might take til I feel a good effect of oxy.

PS. If I didn't switch back to oxy (I had to and my doctor knows my history and my chronic pain which I plan to go to a special pain clinic for) I would never be able to get off suboxone. I guess I will end up on 30 mg 3xday but am waiting for suboxone to leave my system to start antidepressants and a good buzz from opiods keeps me going mentally wise.

Thanks

Well you probably still have a tolerance and/or there is still a little bit of sub in your system

What were your oxy doses prior to suboxone? 5 months isn't a super long time but 16mg of suboxone is a high dose. My money is that suboxone is still in your system or, depending on your prior oxy usage, your tolerance is still up there.

Oh I believe there is still sub in my system but zero effect?

tjmothy: between 200-300 mg before I went to oxy. even 500 before I weaned off . My last single dose was 50 mg before I went to sub and gave me a good buzz.

Any advice?

Hey OP, I'm sorry to hear that you've found yourself in this shitty situation. I know it can be quite confusing, scary etc. We will always be here to help you and support you, but one thing that must be said, and you're probably aware of this, is that we cannot dictate how your experience is going to play out. When someone asks "Why am I not getting high?", the true answer to that question is so elusive and esoteric that it would be pointless to even try.

So, I'm sorry, but there is not a clear-cut answer to this question. I know you want it and there's nothing wrong with that. We all get scared and confused and don't know what to do, but it's all just a totally subjective experience. Only you can live it and only you can feel it. I'm not going to close this, as I understand you need a little support right not, but in the future:

We aren't here to get you high or fucked up. We only help those who have decided to use drugs, do so safely. The only person who can truly guide you through this process is you.

Hello Mr Moderator.

You said you are here to help those who decided to take drugs, take them safely. That is all I want my friend. I tried weed for 1st time in my life 2 months ago and almost ended up in ER and there was no high. Same happened 2nd and 3rd attempts. Bad weed? Suboxone? Me? Who know, I can only try some other time again and know it, like you said.

What I would like to hear from people here is basically how much oxy should I take during sub withdrawal, what else to take and how long till I feel high for the reasons said. I am not happy I have to take it again but IMO its better than oxy (when prescribed). So yes, it helps for depression even though it is a depressant but when no high you feel like shit. Well currently Im depressed and no high.

Got my xr 20 mg 3xday today. Will be able to go to 30 within 10 days. (if needed)

Thanks

Zagor, what is your native language? It might be helpful, I've lived and worked in the Middle East/Kurdistan/Turkey so we might be able to converse... who knows!

Basically Zagor, the issue that we're dealing with here is that your drug use is your own subjective experience. We certainly can advise your regarding what is and is not safe, but for more esoteric queries like, "why can I not get high", it's just not something that can be quantified. It's an entirely personal experience. What does it mean to be high? What is a "good" experience? Some people like to be tied to a chair and pissed on, some people don't. These two guys' definition of a "good" experience varies widely, as you can see.

So, with this shrewd metaphor in mind, you can see how it is essentially impossible for us to tell you how to have a good time. Believe me, it's something that we deal with a lot here and it's a hard concept for some members to understand. We simply cannot tell you what you do and do not like.

Whatever you smoked was probably not Cannabis. I mean, if you seriously struggle with panic attacks and such, I can see this happening, but in general, smoking weed does not lead to any kind of medical attention, so I would seriously consider your connect in the future.

How much Oxycodone do you think you should take? How long has it been since your last dose of Buprenorphine?

This thread is great, when read in its entirety... Keep 'em coming, boyz! =D

Keif' Richards. I have to partially disagree with you. It doesn't matter much how much oxy I think I should take because my prescription is limited. The only problem I want to know is how long after suboxone (its been 3.5 days btw) and are higher amounts better or lower ones in the first few days. I ask because I am not the only one going from sub to opioid.

The weed I tried, smelled soooooo strong, too strong but maybe suboxone stopped it or it was laced or who knows. All I know if it was someone else in my shous they would call 911. I didn't because I know how to deal with weirdest symptoms od anxiety and depression. And I wasnt scared when I took the hit, it just did not work. I couldn't get high from weed and I did not ask anyone (yet) why it could be but I will.

I was born in Albania but I do not speak arabic or turkish except sharmuta and habibi :)

Albania, I'm sorry to hear that ;)

Basically my friend, 48 hours out will get you the majority of your effect, while 72 hours will leave you with almost the entirety of effect. That has always been what has worked for me.

Don't mess with Albanians man ;)

It's been 90 hours. 4 days in 6 hours. I guess I should try lower doses until that crap is all out, perhaps I got slow metabolism.

Smoking cigs kills any high I had. I took 40 mg oxy today, felt VERY VERY mild euphoria, light up a cig, went back to depression. Gotta quit smoking but it hard damn it

Haha, I know not to mess with Albanians actually. I hope I don't end up sewed in a potato sack getting thrown into the river.

I believe that you will eventually return to something resembling homeostasis, but this is sort of the natural course of Opioid use. I know it sucks, but it is a matter of that initial magic you felt waning. At this point, we're diving into something that is basically dedicated to your euphoria. It's nothing personal, but we have to keep the content dedicated to HR. Your path in life is your own and you need to figure out what works for you. We just can't really tell you. I'm going to close this for the above stated reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.