Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Not enjoyable experience.

TooManyTimes

Bluelighter
Hi all. I will set the scene:

I have been lurking on here since the late 90s. Never posted. Been dabbling for the same amount of times so hmm 14 years.

Last week I was particularly sad as I received some bad news about a friend, and I had also had some big arguments with my other half. I was feeling pretty low and had been taking a lot of my 5htp to brighten my mood right up to Saturday night, but come sat night I was still feeling low and figured a party would let me blow off some steam as it normally does.

At 22:30 I took one pill, allegedly 100mg+, and at some point in the next few hours I took another. I also drank 2 pints of beer and a 750ml bottle of fortified wine (15%). I might also have had some double rums as well (always possible with me). I don't remember much after coming up until I came down at about 6am. The copious alcohol probably helped with that. I do remember at one point talking to mate on the couch though and had heavy eye wiggles, and every time I had a wiggle I had an audio distortion. My mates said I was absolutely blazing but hilarious at the same time.

From when I woke on Sunday, right through Monday, Tuesday and part of today I have felt like I have really bad flu symptoms. I have felt very detached from the world about me. It has been like I have went straight from the amnesia of the night into the come down into this flu like fever state and because there was no marked separation between each event I have found it difficult to cope with it.

Did I catch the flu and woke into the detached flu fever, or was it an extended psychological part of my come down? Only today (thurs) have i felt normal(ish) again and the seeds of doubt have been sown. I am very physically active, and live a very healthy lifestyle (Saturday nights not withstanding). As I feel this has been one long continuous experience since Saturday night I am reflecting on my pill use and telling myself never again, or as we say in Scotland "aff it". Or is it possible I was just unlucky and my normal Sunday which I would spend eating pizza and chilling was hijacked with the flu and giving me this horrible experience.

As a side note I indicated my general mood and 5htp use right up to the night in case it has any baring.

Hope that makes sense.

The 5htp does have baring here...there have been reports of blackouts when it is mixed with MDMA. Its is not a good idea to preload 5htp before a roll, i always say just take it after to help recover. Also I have heard some things about even that being a bad idea as 5htp can cause some negative effects in certain people...not too versed on the science of that tho as I never take the stuff. Also alcohol is never a good idea with MDMA, especially in an amount that would get you drunk on its own. A beer or two through the night probably wont hurt, but you dont wanna be drinking. Most drug overdoses involve alcohol. As for the flu...you were partying with a bunch of strangers while your body was busy fighting off the "poisons" you put into it, so it is very feasible that you just caught the flu.

It definitely sounds like it could be a terrible hangover, it was a lot, and as the poster above me said the 5htp could have something to do with it.

Although i honestly don't have enough knowledge to be posting here..

I just had to post in the same thread as an O.G bluelighter, sorry i'll let people who have more knowledge than me actually give some good info now,
...Congratulations you made it from techno to dubstep in one piece

You got blackout drunk and took a high (though not quite unreasonable) dose of MDMA. Sounds like a recipe for a bad couple days after.

ebola

You got blackout drunk and took a high (though not quite unreasonable) dose of MDMA. Sounds like a recipe for a bad couple days after.

ebola
This, and also you didn't test the "MDMA" so you have no idea what it really was. And 5HTP is a crappy supplement, tryptophan is much more natural to metabolize.

yeah it really could have been any number of things or you just got really unlucky and got the flu... i can say the last time i got blackout drunk (years ago) i did not feel right for many days after.. that that was only from alcohol...

This, and also you didn't test the "MDMA" so you have no idea what it really was. And 5HTP is a crappy supplement, tryptophan is much more natural to metabolize.

What's already been said, and i recommend Tryptophan over 5HTP anyday. Even better if your simply eating lots of high in Tryptophan foods.
Flu-like symptoms. Well the only time i have ever had those is before i tested any pill/mdma i consumed, later see that pill on pillreports and see it was a Pipe.
Was a Crappy experience i tell ya.

^piperazines are terrible! ! Makes you feel like the flu. Its also possible that the drugs and drinking put your immune system in a compromised state allowing you to get the flu.

Next time I recommend testing and checking pill reports beforehand. Testing is the best though.

Like darksidesam said tryptophan food is the best. I recommend a grainy cereal like raisin brand with plenty of milk and a banana as the best whole food supplement for optimal tryptophan, tyrosine, and phenylalanine intake and absorption.

5HTP will slow down the dopamine, which is also needed. Tyrosine & phenylalanine are to dopamine what tryptophan is to serotonin. The protein in milk is called "casein" and it's extremely rich in those 3 amino acids, in a really good balance.

Thanks everyone. Late reply 🤣🤣🤣
Hahahahaha seriously, almost 10 years later. This is awesome :LOL: "late" is the understatement of the year right there, but rather late than never without a doubt. Hope you're doing well