• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

North Korean workers ‘fed crystal meth’ to help speed up construction of skyscraper

Nobody should be surprised by this. I would not be surprised if this also happens in China, Japan, and other East Asian countries as well.

Noonoo-I have friends from both South Korea and China and they told me how buildings, bridges, and other things there collapse all the time because they are cheaply made, and in both countries they do not have the same building safety standards as the United States, Canada, Australia, and the UK and other European countries do.

I'd imagine that it's 1,000X worse in North Korea.

Last edited:
anyone remember when that Korean ship washed up on aus shores with like millions worth of smack on board? north korea pumps out tons of drugs. during college and high school id sometimes do light construction/demo for a friend of the family and there was a floor tile guy who would be on crystal of meth or some other kind of stim but good lord was he fast and precise, I guess if you like that feeling its a good tool to get work done quick, but if I took it I prob be all jittery going crazy with energy and having a heart attack.

It increases the user’s energy levels, alertness and physical activity and can last four hours – making it the ideal slave labour drug.

Why did it last 8 to 12 hours when I (regrettably) used to tweak? Perhaps it has to do with the route of administration.

Dextro-amphetamine is reportedly used in the U.S. military for missions requiring the soldier to be alert for more than 12 hours AFAIK, but I digress.

As people in the fishing industry (and other industries that require you to be awake for long stretches of time, like long haul trucking, being a footsoldier in the Nazi army, etc) learned, or at least the smart ones did: your body can't keep "writing checks" indefinitely. At first hard stimulant use may seem like a tempting way to curb your body's needs to eat and sleep, but in the end you learn that it's not a good idea. Quality of work & workplace safety eventually declines drastically, and when you crash you crash hard.

Drugs of abuse can be considered chemical weapons.

Another example is the Vietcong making sure our guys had access to top quality heroin. If they kill someone they make a martyr. If they send them back home as junkies, they produce lasting problems. A cankerworm planted in the heart of the enemy.

I once heard this story about some plating shop that paid their workers off in meth. Guess that's what makes people enjoy racking widgets for 19 hours straight.

I once heard this story about some plating shop that paid their workers off in meth. Guess that's what makes people enjoy racking widgets for 19 hours straight.

ro4eva
It increases the user’s energy levels, alertness and physical activity and can last four hours – making it the ideal slave labour drug. Why did it last 8 to 12 hours when I (regrettably) used to tweak? Perhaps it has to do with the route of administration.

Dextro-amphetamine is reportedly used in the U.S. military for missions requiring the soldier to be alert for more than 12 hours AFAIK, but I digress.

I would say ROA and dose would have something to do with it. If I was driving those slaves they would be getting 100mg IV every 6 hours just to keep them on task. For me 100mg IV would be 12 hours but orally more like 6-8

Why did it last 8 to 12 hours when I (regrettably) used to tweak? Perhaps it has to do with the route of administration.

Wikipedia reports 10-20 hours duration of action for methamphetamine, a little bit shorter for plain amphetamine - which is consistent with their half-lives (~10 h for amp and a little longer for meth).

I cant imagine those poor workers up there. unsafe conditions, probably not wearning harnesses or other basic safety gear, hard hats, glasses gloves ect...or they make their own out of bamboo while some Korean fat cat who sucks on kimjung il's tiny korean penis so he doesn't get shot with an anti aircract gun, like he ordered to have done to a member of his cabinet he didn't trust, and the guy was his own uncle!

Honestly, getting shot with an anti-aircraft gun doesn't seem like a bad exit if you live in North Korea