• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

North Korean workers ‘fed crystal meth’ to help speed up construction of skyscraper

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
NORTH Korea is feeding its construction workers crystal meth to try and speed up completion of a new skyscraper, it has been claimed.

According to The Sun, the exhausted workforce is being openly supplied with the drug as their chiefs come under increasing pressure to finish the massive tower.

This in turn has led to graffiti being daubed across Pyongyang mocking bosses and the industry.

According to Radio Free Asia (RFA), slogans found on a derelict building read “Pyongyang speed is drug speed” and referred to workers as “drug troops”.

The phrases are believed to be mocking slogans used by North Korea’s construction industry.

Methamphetamine, also known as “ice” or crystal meth” is an extremely powerful stimulant.

It increases the user’s energy levels, alertness and physical activity and can last four hours – making it the ideal slave labour drug.

639ef274a91362f2bc851ce88e39f39a

A source told RFA: “Investigators are warning construction workers that they will be severely punished for further incidents of this kind.

“(They) are undergoing terrible sufferings in their work.”

The skyscraper project – a pet project of tyrant Kim Jong-un – has continued late into the night in recent months as bosses draft in thousands of residents to work on it.

North Korea’s problem with methamphetamine has been widely reported – the government produces the drug then ships it abroad.

Its annual income from the drug is believed to be hundreds of millions.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t/news-story/c006b978ac7e42968c3ff944257c96c7

This really isn't at all surprising. The building is certain to be extremely unsafe too. Sucks for the workers.

This really isn't at all surprising. The building is certain to be extremely unsafe too. Sucks for the workers.

Yeah, I saw these images once of spiderwebs constructed by spiders on different drugs. The caffeine spider-web had noticeable signs of jitters, the THC spider seemed to keep losing its' place and the amphetamine spider built a web that had more spokes, in record time, though there were many defects- gaps and structural flaws that had gone unnoticed by the spider.

It is an open secret that the country produces crystal meth on a industrial scale to sell on the world market, illicit drug sales are probably their highest profiting export.

It is very common for higher ups to give crystal meth as christmas gifts to each other, the entire country runs on crystal.

Yeah, I saw these images once of spiderwebs constructed by spiders on different drugs. The caffeine spider-web had noticeable signs of jitters, the THC spider seemed to keep losing its' place and the amphetamine spider built a web that had more spokes, in record time, though there were many defects- gaps and structural flaws that had gone unnoticed by the spider.

http://usvsth3m.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/gIoF3Sd.jpg
gIoF3Sd.jpg

Not really surprising, probably highly effective if done right. Clearly not done right in this case, though.

The spiders on LSD seem pretty orderly :) It seems like classical psychs are probably among the least likely to impair cognition from this study, which is what I've always imagined was the case. So much for that nonsensical frying brain cells crap. Spiders on acid literally weave a perfect web.

Not surprised about North Korea though. It isn't exactly like they have the greatest human rights record 8( I mean I have no knowledge other than from watching the Interview and watching the news, but you can pretty much see that the place is an utter shithole, and the people with the misfortune of living there are subject to a lot of messed up stuff..... and being forced to do meth might actually be the least of North Korea's human rights abuses if that's even possible. It would be pretty cool though if I had a boss that gave me some good trees :) Not meth though, I wouldn't be into that, but I guess if you liked the stuff this might actually not be so bad. Feel pretty bad for the people that live there though, being subjected to various horrors from their government on a daily basis.

Last edited:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/marijuana-in-north-korea_n_4067341.html

weed is legal in north korea apparently.

i did also read another article that in 2008 they inacted a death penalty for people "possessing over 300 g of drugs"...maybe this is just for illegal drugs and not weed or meth? if weed and meth are legal i can't imagine what is not illegal.

sad that a dictatorship even lets their citizens smoke weed....while the US does not. which one is the free country again? granted christianity doesn't control the government in NK so there is no "moral ground" for making weed illegal.

I thank our NK friends for leading an experiment in how to run a country into the ground.

I wonder how good DPRK weed is.

North Korean meth is probably the bomb but I suspect that their weed might be schwag...then again west coast 'murika is spoiled when it comes to marijuana

Sounds like schwag all right

But hey, that just means you gotta smoke more of it...