• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

North Korea May Be Pushing Meth Into the United States

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
North Korea may be pushing a highly potent form of methamphetamine into the United States, a development that came to light in an indictment unsealed today in New York.

Five foreign nationals arrested in Thailand were charged with being part of an Asia-based syndicate that plotted to smuggle meth produced in North Korea to New York. Court records indicate that the suppliers agreed to sell 100 kilograms of North Korean meth -- at $60,000 a kilogram -- to a drug trafficker who was actually working with the Drug Enforcement Administration.

One of the defendants bragged that his organization was the only one that could procure meth from North Korea after a government crackdown. "The North Korean government already burned all the labs," court records quoted the defendant as saying. "Only our labs are not closed. To show Americans that they are not selling it anymore, they burned it. Then they transfer to another base."

He said his group had a stockpile of more than a ton of meth, the purity of which was at "Breaking Bad" levels of 99 percent.

A federal official briefed on the case told ABC News that evidence over the years had suggested that North Korean meth -- considered to be extremely pure -- typically found its way to China, where it was then sold. The Chinese government, while not open about the issue, has cracked down on the pipeline.

cont at
http://abcnews.go.com/International...s/story?id=20955416&google_editors_picks=true

Damn I guess North Koreas not all bad... I mean if their making heisenberg quality meth they better find a way to get it over here and let us have it!

^right cause we all know that the Mexicans aren't the best with quality control..

Genius idea on the part of the North Koreans if it is all true. Instead of bombing us out of existence, they just have to tweak us into submission.

Legally smoke weed and then try the world's purest meth? North Korea's starting to sound like the destination for my next vacation.

They also grow poppy in the labor camps, that have only been getting bigger in the last decade
I forget the slang they used for it after they make it into heroin...

Damn if those numbers are accurate they are paying around 66 dollars a gram at the first level. You figure they cut it 25 percent at least before it hits the next hands that's a pretty large profit.

it makes sense that N Korea would be producing 99% purity meth. they can have a lab set up by the government and they can get the most talented people available in their nation to be involved with every aspect of the production. im sure they can also get the highest quality precursors from china right next door and thus can produce super potent super quality meth at a low low price. the good old DPRK got the best meth in the world, i guess thats how you keep millions of people working with substandard conditions, poor quality and small sometimes non-existent food rations. they are like the walmart of meth; bargain basement prices made possible by slave labor productions costs, ta da.

1zqrqcw.jpg

^hahahah.

Good plan though, why mine gold when you can make meth. %)

Lil Kim should make the world some LSD, according to my dad that turns people into hippie communist pacifists.

Do you think there is a connection with the new TWERKing craze sweeping the nation, and the discovery of this new 99% pure crystal meth from north Korea? It all seems a little coincidental to me, and I always knew Rodman wasn't just going there to play basketball.

Of course there is also the issue of the ratio of dextro isomer [I think thats the word?] methamphetamine to levo isomer. Law enforcement either doesn't seem to test for this in seized samples or the news media chooses not to relay it given its technical nature. Very relevant point on potency though imo.

Of course there is also the issue of the ratio of dextro isomer [I think thats the word?] methamphetamine to levo isomer. Law enforcement either doesn't seem to test for this in seized samples or the news media chooses not to relay it given its technical nature. Very relevant point on potency though imo.

Can't imagine they are synthesizing racemic meth if they are bothering to make it 99+%.

Remember that pseudoephedrine makes the d-isomer only.

:\
Can't imagine they are synthesizing racemic meth if they are bothering to make it 99+%.

Remember that pseudoephedrine makes the d-isomer only.

d-pseudoephedrine --> d-methamphetamine

l-pseudoephedrine --> l-methamphetamine

l-ephedrine --> d-methamphetamine

d-ephedrine --> l-methamphetamine
:\Purity must be 80% to be considered "iice" so says the delta echo alpha.

Last edited: