Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread North American Railroad Videos (Trainspotting 101)

Cheshire_Kat

Moderator: PD
Staff member
Just sharing a few LIVE railroad Video Feeds I though some might enjoy. I didn't want to pollute the Switzerland Railroad thread.

Chicago Union Station Metra North

- South Camera Video Feed:

- North Camera Video Feed:

Does anyone have a favorite railroad video they like and would like to share?

Last edited:
The Top 10 Regional Rail Systems in North America

A look at historical US commuter rail providers like MBTA, SEPTA, Metro-North, LIRR, and NJ Transit, as well as a closer look at what our neighbors to the north (GO Transit in Toronto and exo in Montreal, and the Tren Suburbano in Mexico City) are up to.

Last edited:
I had a friend that is an engineer and he used to work for csx. I think he used programs like Solidworks and Catia to reengineer parts when they rebuilt locomotive engines

^^
The Best of CSX: The Coolest Trains We've Seen

CSX Transportation is one of the largest railroads in the United States with over 21,000 miles of track. It is also known for being the last Class I Railroad to regularly operate EMD SD40-2s - which you'll see prominently featured in this video.

The Top 10 Regional Rail Systems in North America

A look at historical US commuter rail providers like MBTA, SEPTA, Metro-North, LIRR, and NJ Transit, as well as a closer look at what our neighbors to the north (GO Transit in Toronto and exo in Montreal, and the Tren Suburbano in Mexico City) are up to.

I model the BNSF, which mans I get to run Burlington, Burlington Northern, Great Northern, and Santa Fe consists on my layout.

The Canadian - First Class train journey across Canada

Watch “The Canadian” train from Toronto to Vancouver! On our journey through vast forests, over endless prairies, and up breathtaking mountain passes, we’ll cover nearly 3,000 miles over almost 100 hours!

Last edited:
This is not North America, but y'all might enjoy watching some English Riviera live railcams anyway. The railway (built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel - of international railway and bridge engineering fame - in the 1840s) runs along the edge of the coast with nothing between you and the sea for many miles except a tiny wall. It's such a beautiful journey, I recommend it to anyone, even non-railway geeks. You can literally get hit by massive waves traveling along the line, which is incredibly cool and fun (except when the line gets washed away in storms, as it did in 2014!). Dawlish Warren railway station is actually on the beach, and they get loads of high speed trains, heritage/steam trains, and everything else in between.

There's loads of live cams, but here's a few:

This is not North America, but y'all might enjoy watching some English Riviera live railcams anyway.
There's no strict boundaries intended @CFC All continents and countries are welcome.

Whereas the Swiss thread is for focused on beautiful scenery from a train, This thread is mainly intended to be focused on the trains at 'hot spots" or rail fan locations, just as your videos do. :)

Thanks for the Non North American spots as I'm not as familiar as a local might be. 👍

I like talking about all railroading subjects, but this is the film/TV sub forum, so ideally it should have an element of that I would think.

Steam Train Doubleheaders 😍

Steam locomotives are a rare sight in the 21st Century, but it is even more unusual to see two of them running together! In this video, we will see several different trains being pulled by two steam locomotives.

Always thought it was cool how they could build this out of Redwoods in 1932

GBecFlcXUAAsX3m

Always thought it was cool how they could build this out of Redwoods in 1932

GBecFlcXUAAsX3m
I know back in the 1800's they used a lot of Chinese immigrants hanging from cliffs in baskets on ropes to do the dangerous work. But even with more modern equipment, it still looks insanely difficult

Here's one of my favorite locations that I view daily (and have made quite a few actual visits) It is a live feed that provides continual coverage (24/7/365)

PTZ Camera (West from station roof)

East fixed position

West fixed position

Elkhart is on Norfolk Southern Railway’s (NS's) Chicago Line, the former New York Central Railroad (NYC) main line between Chicago and New York, originally the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern Railway (LS&MS). At the Conrail split, NS acquired the western half between Chicago and Cleveland, CSX the eastern half between Cleveland and New York. This line sees as many as 100 trains in a 24-hour period! The Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) also has track rights. Amtrak’s "Capitol Limited" (Chicago-D.C.) and "Lake Shore Limited" (Chicago-New York) also stop here twice a day per route (at the station building seen on the west camera). NS also has their largest classification yard east of the Mississippi down the road, the Robert Young Yard. Elkhart is also the location of the junction with the Elkhart & Western RR shortline, and with the Kalamazoo Branch to Grand Rapids, MI, which is leased to the Grand Elk RR. NS milepost at Mile Post 421.6

About 75 scheduled trains run through Elkhart each day

Skykomish, WA, is located on BNSF Railway's Scenic Subdivision, the former Great Northern Railway (GN) mainline between the Twin Cities and Seattle. Specifically, SKY is at milepost 1732.3, with the mileage measured from 3rd Street in Saint Paul, but subtract 11 miles due to the 1920's-era (New) Cascade Tunnel. Amtrak's "Empire Builder" between Chicago and Seattle/Portland passes this camera twice daily, once per direction, westbound train #7 in the morning and eastbound train #8 in the evening. This is the Seattle section of the "Builder"; the Portland section (trains #27 and #28) is removed/added at Spokane, WA. The "Empire Builder" is named after James J. Hill, the founder of the GN.

I've been wanting to ride this for years. As a backpacker, you can take this to hike a route back in the wilderness to Chicago Basin. Just arrange to hop off at the right spot.