• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Normal to be irritable coming off opioids?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Typically about 50 to 60 mg codeine daily for the few months.

Discontinued 4 days ago after getting hemorroids and now I'm just furious constantly.

I've read when administered opioid blockers like naltrexone to overdose patients in hospital, they become furious also - obviously as opioids provide this pleasant sedation and positive mood.

Gets taken away = irritability to the extreme.

Is this normal?

Will pass gradually?

Naltrexone isn't used to treat opioid overdose but of course naloxone is. I was once hit with a shot of naloxone while on 380mg/day of methadone and became violently ill, nearly instantly shitting myself and shivering in extreme cold. Wasn't particularly irritable, but only because I was so sick. I was actually pretty irritable before the paramedics injected me with it, which i think sort of egged them on to inject me with it in the first place. If I came across that shithead again I would injure him for that. Fortunately I don't remember him really, nor his name (which i demanded at the time).

To answer the question, opioid withdrawal cause a variety of general hypersensitivities that can easily manifest in irritability.

Fuck my dad is on short acting hydromorphone and he's either on them and yapping nonstop about nothing or he's off them and irritable to no end. Its pretty annoying.

Me personally, I can get irritated on opioids thats for sure. I get this especially a lot with heroin.

Withdrawal on the other hand, my self esteem so low I don't even think I'm capable of irritability since I think I'm just the scum of the earth... with no right to be irritated. Its more like a deep depression.

How long does it take to pass typically;

Post discontinuation?
For me it passes when I stopped feeling sick ( I turn into a cunt when dopesick cause I wanna get high)
Betweem 2-3 weeks is when I start feeling semi- normal , and by a month I usually get a job in jail to help kill the time and to get out early, and yes the only place I can stop using is when I’m locked up.

Fuck yea thats why I warn my wife and just sty in-room im been in my room since tuesday only out for showers and toilet to yack up and diarrhea nearly over