• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Norco was pretty good but I'm concerned about drinking and benz'in

wilsonwilson

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

First thread, first post. I hope everyone is doing swell. For 25 years (and especially after a good personal friend had died due to an Oxy overdose) I pretty much avoided a NyQuil bottle that looked at my funny. Recently I caved in and I ended up with about a dozen Norcos (what does that stand for anyway)?

It is my understanding they're just slightly more powerful Vicodins. Anyway, the ones I have contain approximately 325mg of acetaminophen which I'm worried a lot more about than I am about the opiate which, though great, I found to be a little uncomfortable: the incredibly conspicuous nose itching and my eyes were literally closing as I was qeiting something very important. When I did in fact succumb I had a fantastically relaxing rest.

However, I enjoy the boldness and creativity it provides a very silly looking man in a laptop who thinks his nose is some kind of a military target.

Anyway: all in all, not bad, but my penchant for booze and benzodiazephines (xanax, klonopin) concerns me. I'm 5'8 / about 173cm. I took three and was pretty fucked up. I imagine there shouldn't be any drinking before or after or am I severely underestimating my liver's capabilities to process more than 2000m of decadence per day?

In other words, can I have 4 Norcos and have a beer (or ten, darn xtolernace with benzos) while I'm at it or will I wake up jaundice? If I go on a party but feel like chilling out and being creative, do I need to bust out a calculator and see how long I have before ~900+ mg is OK to take? I hear the lists for livers are long and I wouldn't make one.

Thank you everyone.

Last edited:
Just do a CWE http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/548643-Cold-Water-Extraction-Mega-Thread-amp-FAQ-v2-0 so you don't have to worry about the acetaminophen.
Combining opiates and benzos / booze can be dangerous as both are CNS depressants and can mixing can increase respiratory depression. If you really want to mix them, do less of both as you would normally do and have people around that can call paramedics / bring you to the hospital.
Stay safe :)

Ya CWE any opioids u get with acedamediphene and don't drink with benzos or narcotics and don't combine those 2 meds either or at least not in bigger doses because it's very dangours I had respatory failure mixing those meds together if my mom would have waited 40 mins before taking me to the hospital I would have died so ya take my advice on that

Yes as above posters stated the mix is bad. I'd be more worried about the CNS depression then my liver,though that is an issue to if you are abusing long term or in high doses of APAP.

Be careful man I've lost friends mixing alcohol and CNS depressants! For being legal alcohol is about the worst drug to mix with any depressants!!!!