• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norco vs Percocet Assistance

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I need some help, my fellow friends. It?s rather common knowledge that Percocet is stronger than Norco. Be that as it may, I don?t have any luck with Percocet. I?ve stated previously that I am personally prescribed Norco daily for chronic pain. I take the lowest dose of 5mg. However, I take them in the morning on an empty stomach and potentiate it. 15-20mg will give me a great euphoria, sedation, and all the other countless desires for recreational use.

Here?s where my dilemma arrives. Currently (and some past occasions additionally) I?ve ran out prior to filling my next month script. I know someone who personally gives me 10 mg of Percocet pills thankfully.

Even if I take 30-40 mg in the morning on an empty stomach while simultaneously potentiating it, I get zilch. I'm not stating an undesirable outcome or an insubstantial affect. It literally feels nothing of an opiate consumable.

I can't fathom why I achieve absolutely nothing. The only thing I could think of would be that since Percocet is such a thicker, larger drug than norco that my bowel isn't able to digest it (I have an aggressive, rare form of Crohn's Disease so my digestion is very poor after numerous bowel resections).

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can make better usage of these Percocet? Do I need to crush them rather than typically swallowing? Do I need to adjust the time needed to potentiate them since it's a different drug than Norco? Any and all assistance is highly and utterly admired from yours truly. I have countless days until I can fill my norco again and I don't want to be miserable and sick until that day encroaches. Anything you can think of all, regardless of how silly it sounds will be analyzed from me I promise.

Your empty stomach is the one thing that stands out to me. I notice when I eat, oxycodone feels so much better. If I have nothing in my stomach, I do get some pain relief but no euphoria whatsoever. Try that before anything else. ;)

How full? Because in my years of experience, the difference between a full and empty stomach is astronomical with the latter being the far more impactful. Are we talking a light snack or a meal?

So what do you feel from the percs? Any pain relief at all?

Btw the strength isn't that much greater. 20mg norco is almost equal to 15 mg perc

Last edited:
neurogal, I?m taking the same amount if not more of Percocet yet the difference is staggering. In terms of what the Percocet does, it?s really difficult to say. Both meds give some pain relief, but when it pertains to the Percocet, I get absolutely no recreational value. I can?t fathom how though, considering everyone knows Percocet is stronger and literally anyone will tell you they have a better recreational value,

Ok, so if you're getting some pain relief from the percs I'm going to reject the idea that your body isn't digesting them.

I'm not sure why you get recreational value from one and not the other. However, a lot of opiate users prefer particular pills and not always necessarily the ones containing the most potent compound. For instance, i find vicodin much more pleasurable than an equivalent amount of oxy, which just makes me cranky instead of putting me in a good mood...Tramadol doesnt do anything whatsoever.for me recreationally, but some other opiate fans love the stuff... Hard to say why people prefer certain ones. I think genetics must play a partial role in some cases.

Fair enough. I?m not sure if the pain relief is a psychological aspect though.

So with that being said, I?d still fancy hearing other people?s opinions or suggestions.

OP, I have the same experience with Oxycodone (Percocet, Oxycontin) as you. It does not effect me to nearly the same degree as other Opioids. It most likely has something to do with your innate physiology. The best you can do is attempt to get some genetic testing, but this won't actually solve your problem, it will only shed light on why it is.

Other than this, I see very little you can do for this problem. I'm not going to actively advise you to seek out other Opioids, but that's basically how it is man. It doesn't work for you, cut your losses and stop wasting your or your friends' money/drugs and attempt to find another solution.

However, I am with T. that you should try experimenting with shortening the pill's presence in your digestive system due to your issues. I would experiment firstly with crushing the pill into a powder and mixing it into a solution in a glass of water and swallowing. If this doesn't work, we are not out of options, but my suspicions will be more confirmed that the issue is with your genetics.

I need some help, my fellow friends. It?s rather common knowledge that Percocet is stronger than Norco. Be that as it may, I don?t have any luck with Percocet. I?ve stated previously that I am personally prescribed Norco daily for chronic pain. I take the lowest dose of 5mg. However, I take them in the morning on an empty stomach and potentiate it. 15-20mg will give me a great euphoria, sedation, and all the other countless desires for recreational use.

Here?s where my dilemma arrives. Currently (and some past occasions additionally) I?ve ran out prior to filling my next month script. I know someone who personally gives me 10 mg of Percocet pills thankfully.

Even if I take 30-40 mg in the morning on an empty stomach while simultaneously potentiating it, I get zilch. I'm not stating an undesirable outcome or an insubstantial affect. It literally feels nothing of an opiate consumable.

I can't fathom why I achieve absolutely nothing. The only thing I could think of would be that since Percocet is such a thicker, larger drug than norco that my bowel isn't able to digest it (I have an aggressive, rare form of Crohn's Disease so my digestion is very poor after numerous bowel resections).

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can make better usage of these Percocet? Do I need to crush them rather than typically swallowing? Do I need to adjust the time needed to potentiate them since it's a different drug than Norco? Any and all assistance is highly and utterly admired from yours truly. I have countless days until I can fill my norco again and I don't want to be miserable and sick until that day encroaches. Anything you can think of all, regardless of how silly it sounds will be analyzed from me I promise.

Mate if it isnt tolerance the same thing happened to me with my codeine I thouyht my throat had closed up or something because say after taking 8 30 mg pills any more pills I took wouldn't go down properly I made numerous threads but in the end I just had to dissolve the pills and drink them because water always get absorbed good.