• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norco, Oxy, Xanax & Clonadine

NoClue2

Greenlighter
I'm new to this group, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. My doctor put me on Norco a year and a half ago. At the time I was already on 6mg of Xanax a day (I have cut back to 2mg). He started me on 90 pills a month, upped it to 180, then 240. I had become so tolerant to them that he cut my Norco down to 180 a month and added 120 (30mg) oxycodone. Last month he told me the state came in and now he's not allowed to prescribe more then 120 Norco a month or he will get into trouble. I went in 9 days early today because of course I ran out early. I asked him since he couldn't give me the Norco I was used to if he could up the dosage of the Oxy and I could just break them in half to make it through the month. He claims he cannot prescribe more then 30mg because the state was watching him. (For reference, I like the Norco more then the Oxy, I guess my body chemistry is just strange). So my doctor then prescribed me .2 mg of Clonadine and told me that it would help intensify the pain relieving effect of the Oxy. Everything I've been able to research has said nothing like that. Anyone ever heard of this or have any knowledge or insight? (I also have Soma muscle relaxers I take sparingly ). Thank you.

According the national institutes of health http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3950462/ it has been in studies for pain management with and without opioids, with varying results. No personal experience here, but it doesn't sound like he made it up.

The one thing I can say is that it makes sense he brought down the xanax amount. That's a lot for a daily dose and likely will just build a tolerance to the point where it's barely working anymore (aside from keeping you from w/d).

Yes, clonidine enhances the opiate high/duration and also helps stave off withdrawal effects.

From my personal experience clonidine did absolutely nothing but exercise my liver. Some may have a better response to it than I did. It is used to primarily treat blood pressure and anxiety. The soma, however, will intensify your opioids from my personal experience. It is the strongest muscle relaxer typically prescribed and has addictive potential on its own.

I'm the one who actually titrated my xanax dose down. I knew the painkillers were CNS depressants as well as the Xanax. My doctor still prescribes me 6mg a day, even though I've told him I take 2 or less. I now have a xanax stockpile. And thanks for the information. I usually use my Soma when I'm getting really low on Norco or Oxy to help with the muscle cramping from either dropping my dose dramatically or flat out being out. I make poppy seed tea, Imodium and Soma to get through it.