• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norco/hydrocodone question

LaBlueEyes

Bluelighter
I'm new here, so of course I have long awaited questions. How much hydrocodone do you need to feel a "high" and what's it like? I take up to 30mgs everyday for chronic pain but I've never felt any kind of high. I'm kind of jealous of people that can take it and get high. My body seems immuned to it. I once took 40mgs at once through the water straining method and still felt absolutely nothing!

Everyone has their own dose based on many factors especially how long they've been at a specific dose and how rapidly they increase the amount. There is also to consider if you have an empty stomach, if you take any potantiators, if you take other substances/meds/vitamins, what ROA you use. You can get a better response with those details.

^ Yep, we need a little background information. 30mg should give an opiate naive person strong euphoric effects.

- Hopeless..

The ROA(route of administration?) is orally. I've been on 30 mgs a day for about 3 months and 20mgs for the last 3 years. I also wear a butranorphine 20mg pain patch. My other meds include: Klonopin, Trazadone, Robaxin. Plus Norco. I'm prescribed other meds too but I don't take them.

It sounds like youve just built up a tolerance to your meds. Although I will be honest, I've never heard of butranorphine and a search for it came up empty, so youre going to have to fill me in on exactly what it is?

- HS

Umm.. so your doctor has you on buprenorphine, and hydrocodone at the same time!? Lmao, am I reading this correctly??

- hs

Maybe you're doing a bad extract or the bupe is blocking the norcos. By the way you can just eat 4 norcos ... 1.2 grams of Tylenol ain't shit

Well ya the bupe would block.the hydro! I just dont understand why a dr would prescribe both? Something isnt right here..

- hs

I have no idea. The patch is for a round the clock coverage of pain, and Norco n Robaxin for breakthrough pain. So you guys think the Butrans is blocking the hydrocodone?

While buprenorphine can be used for its analgesic effects, it has a high binding affinity, essentially." blocking" other opiates from having an effect. What came first, the patch, or the hydro's? I would assume the hydro's, did you feel sick when you first put the patch on?

-SS373dOH soul

Your right. Norco did come first. Then the patch, for more long term use. I didn't know it blocked anything though.

I was just wondering if you had precipitated withdrawal symptoms.. guess not. Well long story short, if you ever want to feel the euphoric effects, youd have to quit buprenorphine for at least a week. I do not suggest doing it.

- Hopeless

Well youre not totally out of luck,.fentanyl has a higher u-affinity, and is able "push past"the bupe' blockade..

- Hopeless