• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Nootropics?

drgluckenstein

Greenlighter
What kind of nootropics are you all using?
I started taking 5-HTP when I was experimenting with LSD and other substances that forced the serotonin out of my brain. I found that when I took it without having done psychedelics the prior night, I felt a lot better psychologically, wasn't as depressed and had more energy, so I began to take it more regularly and have had pretty good results so far.
It does tend to make me feel a little dizzy/nauseous when I take it sometimes.
So, what's everyone else using?

If 5HTP helped with your depression this is a good indication that you are low in serotonin transmission and may benefit from other 5HT agonists like Saint Johns Wort, kanna, or psilocybin. Maybe something that targets not only serotonin but dopamine and acetycholine as well like Polygala.

To answer your question, I have a closet full of nootropics. WHen I started the neurochemistry rabbithole I bought anything that sounded cool. Try first, learn MOA after was my way. 2 years later I have about 100 supplements I dont use, Im recovering from a phenibut and kratom addiction, and ketamine is my panacea. And fuck yes ketamine is nootropic. In other word, go slow. Learn the MOAs first. Use the hell out of Bluelight and the FB nootropic forums. Even better, the neurochemistry and phatmacology forums. MAPS and PsychonautWiki too. The "2 minute neuroscience" guy on YouTube is great. Most likely in 2 years though, you find yourself with $2000 worth of "nootropics" but a lot more interest is pchedelics ;)

Last edited:
it's never good to be the guinea pig for new RC's or established ones either. nootropics compounds fall into this category for me. They are taking drugs that they think will improve "brain power" but lets be realistic.... some people are smart, some people are hard working, and there is no special "limitless" pill that is going to change your generics or drive in life. @Fertile what's your take on all this nootropics crap there selling......

it's never good to be the guinea pig for new RC's or established ones either. nootropics compounds fall into this category for me. They are taking drugs that they think will improve "brain power" but lets be realistic.... some people are smart, some people are hard working, and there is no special "limitless" pill that is going to change your generics or drive in life. @Fertile what's your take on all this nootropics crap there selling......
LSD, psilocybin, ketamine, PEA, caffeine...these are all "nootropic". NO one is claiming a change in genetic code (except for those NRF2 MLM idiots). If it werent for the public interest in nootropics and the rabbithole that ensues when getting "into them" we would have a lot less folks who know anything about what a neurotransmitter is. Can't pratice harm reduction without knowledge. On the RCs thing, I love them. It's our only loophole around the current prohibition.