• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Nootropics to use in place of Vyvanse for 1-2 weeks

Cassy2611

Bluelighter
I've been doing a lot of research on nootropics because I ran out of my vyvanse prescription early, which normally I'm good about, but I was on vacation and shared and took extra.

Which prior to this I was trying to look into lowering my tolerance I have ADD and EDS- excessive daytime sleepiness and vyvanse changed my life. Adderall doesn't agree with me, but I abused it a lot 10+ years ago. Anyways what nootropics will help me get through the next week or 2 that'll keep me from falling asleep during the day and give me motivation and energy.

I ordered some like phenibut, piracetum, noopept, sulbutamine, and looking into others. I'd like to get modafinil, which I was prescribed previously and it at least helped keep me from falling asleep, but took hours to work, or try armodafinil, adrafinil, found fl-adrafinil, but there are so many vendors and a lot of the good ones that are throughly researched are hard to find.

But are there others? any suggestions? please any advice would be greatly appreciated, I also have sabroxy, cdp choline and l-tyrosine which i try to take 500-800 l-tyrosine a day. Also, are there any of these that would help potentiate my vyvanse when I get it refilled so I could take less. Im prescribed 70 mg a day, 40mg in am and 30 mg in afternoon. Thanks.

Edit: I do not have EDS excessive daytime sleepiness, I have CFS chronic fatigue syndrome. Which explains a lot.

Last edited:
It seems that cyclazodone is more or less potent as a stimulant nootropic, at least that's what I know. Surely there's more like it, there's a new one that seems potent but also a bit sketchy, don't remember the name...

It seems that choline + phenylpiracetam is a good combo.

I tend to use (more natural) other stuff, yohimbe + mucuna +kratom is good enough for me, pure productivity, I also have ADHD and I'm seriously lacking dopa and noradrenaline natural push.

I have the natural source of sabroxy: oroxylum indicum and I enjoy it, but I see it more like a substance to make everything else more perfect and round. Maybe oroxylin-a isolated is different, never tried.

I have white and green maeng da kratom, thought the white was supposed to be more stimulating but the green seems to be better, also have dopa mucuna but ive heard it doesn't work without a certain inhibitor or supplement, I don't remember. I tried taking 500mg of sabroxy today and it seemed better, they sell 100 and 500 doses but I thought id start small and work my way up to 500, i also have NAC Detox regulators and ultra cordyceps plus from doctor's best, to try and add into my normal vitamin regimen with my magnesium glycinate, fish oil and l-tyrosine. i did buy Genius Conscious the stack with dynamine, huperzine A, lion's mane and other looked promising as an option maybe.

I'll definitely look into the ones you mentioned as well. I wish I could find a good stack with the kratom, not only for my ADD, EDS, to help me stay awake and increase my noradrenaline and dopa to have motivation and focus but also to get off my suboxone, i'd prefer to not be on suboxone and vyvanse for ever, but subs are extremely hard to get off of, ended up in the hospital once after 10 days of trying to go off it once. But maybe the kratom isn't working because of my suboxone.

dopa mucuna but ive heard it doesn't work without a certain inhibitor or supplement, I don't remember.
nah, dopa mucuna works nicely once you find your dose, it's not an easy task as too much feels like having too much 4f-mph, hyperfocus without any feeling and a low dose feels like... nothing.
It's good to supplement with something like tryptophan to help your body not to cut too much on serotonin.

you could like yohimbe in LOW doses, it's an amazing herb, not typically used correctly. The motivation and happiness (not euphoria) I get from it it's the best among 99% herbs I tried, and surprisingly functional..

Do you like cordyceps? I heard very good things about the medicinal mushrooms, it seems that lion's mane it's the best for your purposes, and shilajit (not a mushroom but something quite odd) too. I don't feel so much with huperzine, but I bought it for dreams, more than anything else. L-tyrosine... I don't like, not sure why (maybe too low of a dose).
If fish oil feels good for you you could try to use BSO (Black seed oil) or flaxseed oil. The first has extra benefits but for some people causes some kind of anhedonia.
I like magnesium glycinate but sometimes it activates me instead of helping me getting asleep, I guess it's the glycine excitatory thing...

I will think in other stuff that could help you, I'm kinda with the same problem, but a bit worse since I don't have any prescription yet and I'm tapering kratom to zero to be sober for a month (on 4 grams nowadays)

Hi Cassy!

First I should say that mention of any vendors, even simply for nootropics is prohibited so I’ve gone ahead and edited that for ya.

In regards to nootropics/supplements which give energy.. Fish oil is my go to, I take 50-100mg at night (small dose) which then gives me energy the following day. Another is magnesium l-threonate which I use in a similar manner.

These substances will only carry you so far though, no matter what unless you find some real stimulants it’s gonna be a bit rough at times. Could be good for a tolerance break though!

-GC

nah, dopa mucuna works nicely once you find your dose, it's not an easy task as too much feels like having too much 4f-mph, hyperfocus without any feeling and a low dose feels like... nothing.
It's good to supplement with something like tryptophan to help your body not to cut too much on serotonin.

you could like yohimbe in LOW doses, it's an amazing herb, not typically used correctly. The motivation and happiness (not euphoria) I get from it it's the best among 99% herbs I tried, and surprisingly functional..

Do you like cordyceps? I heard very good things about the medicinal mushrooms, it seems that lion's mane it's the best for your purposes, and shilajit (not a mushroom but something quite odd) too. I don't feel so much with huperzine, but I bought it for dreams, more than anything else. L-tyrosine... I don't like, not sure why (maybe too low of a dose).
If fish oil feels good for you you could try to use BSO (Black seed oil) or flaxseed oil. The first has extra benefits but for some people causes some kind of anhedonia.
I like magnesium glycinate but sometimes it activates me instead of helping me getting asleep, I guess it's the glycine excitatory thing...

I will think in other stuff that could help you, I'm kinda with the same problem, but a bit worse since I don't have any prescription yet and I'm tapering kratom to zero to be sober for a month (on 4 grams nowadays)
I'll definitely try the yohimbe, I've never tried 4f-mph, read a little about it and then found all sorts of different chemicals or names of different substances with letters and numbers and it got very overwhelming.

Yes magnesium glycinate helps my wake up more with my vy. It's also supposed to help with tolerance, I take L-theanine for that and anxiety too.

How much Dopa mucuna is safe to take I have the one by Now and says 15% L-Dopa/120mg. Today is my last day I have any vyvanse, got a 50mg from a friend I took 2 hours ago so now nothing for 2 weeks.

For L-tyrosine I'm up to at least 1000mg a day was taking 750 twice a day.

Do you know anything about CDP Choline? How much is safe to take.

Im really new to all this.

I do have modafinil on the way figure that will at least help me get back to work. I work from home now but I can't fall asleep during my shift, I'd lose my job.

Also I plan to buy Genius Mushrooms by The Genius Brand, it had a good mixture of cordyceps with lion's mane and people are saying it's like a adderall but everyone is different.

Also trying to find that cyclazodone, some places look kinda sketchy or says only for testing, definitely don't want to end up in the hospital or worse.

I've been clean for over 6 years but getting prescribed to vyvanse helped me live again because I would sleep so much I could never stay awake through a whole work shift and I have a really good job that I need a security clearance for because I deal with govt loans. But trying to keep my tolerance from building is impossible it seems, especially when I take an extra one here and there if I can't stay awake or get too depressed.

The best thing I like about vyvanse is the motivation, adderall doesn't do that for for anymore and if I take too much vy I can't think as fast or talk as well but my motivation stays up. Wouldn't of went above 40mg a day but it don't last all day for me so I ended up with the split dose.

Anyways I want find something that'll work and I also want to be careful and take less vy if possible because a very close friend/family member of mine just dropped dead 2 weeks ago, and right before that my tolerance was sky rocketing I was taking too much vyvanse, I was being so stupid but that sure as hell snapped me out of it. I was on my way to relapsing for sure. But now I just want to take my meds as prescribed or less, I take less sub than I'm prescribed been cutting down. Was on 2 8mg strips, down to 1.5 8mg strips but I only take 1 or less. And in the end I'd rather just be on natural stuff or stuff I can buy otc.

Are there any good sources to read about all these nootropics or at least some of these newer ones like Sabroxy?

Last edited:
Cyclazodone worked well for me as a replacement for amphetamine, just be wary of over using it as there is the potential for liver damage with those compounds.

I used both paracetamol and aniracetam with some success when I was doing school work, but usually it was combined with Vyvanse, which generally you shouldn't combine those compounds with stimulants.

And yes, modafinil is another decent choice but it's a little expensive if I remember correctly.

I recall "bala root" making a tea that kicked pretty hard but tasted pretty mild. At least, bala root is the India-derived name for this herb, which was legal in the US circa 2010 at least.

The kick comes from the ephedra alkaloids it contains, mostly ephedrine itself. I don't know how it compares with ma huang in terms of other ephedra alkaloids, like pseudoephedrine, norephedrine (a.k.a phenylpropanolamine or PPA) methylephedrine, etc.

At the time I used this stuff, I was in the middle of a stimulant drought, and I found it relatively useful. (A drought of *functional* stimulants, I should say — I had plenty of crazy powder a.k.a. Ivory Wave on hand & plenty of experience decanting Benzedrex inhalers into lemon juice.)

I used to combine it with yerba mate for a better-tasting (& -feeling) tea. Bala's ephedra alkaloids combined well with the xanthines in mate (caffeine, theobromine, theophylline), IMO.

I remember walking through snowy streets in late 2010, taking sips from my warm thermos of bala/mate tea, moistening the wad of salty, Arm-&-Hammered coca leaves that I had in my cheek, feeling pretty damn good & pretty damn motivated.

Cyclazodone worked well for me as a replacement for amphetamine, just be wary of over using it as there is the potential for liver damage with those compounds.

I used both paracetamol and aniracetam with some success when I was doing school work, but usually it was combined with Vyvanse, which generally you shouldn't combine those compounds with stimulants.

And yes, modafinil is another decent choice but it's a little expensive if I remember correctly.
Any bad cardiac side effects to look out for? I am on 2 meds which help keep my blood pressure and heart rate down, propranolol and flecainide otherwise I couldn't be on vyvanse or any stim.(I was already on those for a long time before vyvanse)

Modafinil will at least keep me awake through work but phenibut, piracetum, noopept, sulbutamine I'll have here soon, guess sullbutamine is good with alpha gpc and Phenylpiracetum. Really wanted to try Oxiracetam.

Any bad cardiac side effects to look out for? I am on 2 meds which help keep my blood pressure and heart rate down, propranolol and flecainide otherwise I couldn't be on vyvanse or any stim.(I was already on those for a long time before vyvanse)

Modafinil will at least keep me awake through work but phenibut, piracetum, noopept, sulbutamine I'll have here soon, guess sullbutamine is good with alpha gpc and Phenylpiracetum. Really wanted to try Oxiracetam.
I feel like cyclazadone has a little bit more of a negative body load and potential overstimulation in comparison to regular amphetamine. I never had any issues with it really, but your mileage may vary. Definitely proceed with caution.

I have since done very extensive research and tried many things included cyclazodone, but I've found that it is more likely I have chronic fatigue syndrome, and I realized that back when I was prescribed ritalin I didn't have all these issues I have with vy. And a lot of things that help cfs help me and it finally explains like 90% of the daily symptoms I have.

I take multivitamin, b12, choline source, ultra cordyceps, coq10, dopa mucuna, panax, l-tyrosine, but going to switch to nalt. Looking into PQQ.
Sabroxy 500mg 3xs a day. Usually take 2 at once.

Really think finding pure oroxylin A might be the way to go or the phenoxyflavone is really supposed to be promising if it exists.

Found 2 multisupplements that have most of what I take that I might try by now. kratom 3g a day maybe, it's helped me cut down from 12mg of sub to 4-6mg. Probably also y I don't really get stim effects from kratom. Looking into kanna and 4fmph and 4f-me-tmp. Getting some morphodrol that's supposedly similiar to ritalin. Hoping in a couple weeks my Dr will switch me to rit LA. Tried it once but only last half thr day but maybe he can do a split does since I'm on split of vyvanse.

But ultimate goal is all natural herbs and supplements.

How would you describe the effects of mucuna pruriens? I'm interesting in it as a dopamine increasing supplement, and it seems like that when one doses high enough there is no peripheral carboxylase inhibitor necessary but I've asked here somewhere about pharmaceutical L-DOPA+carbidopa which is OTC here but people warned me off trying it. How much mucuna powder are you using?

Yohimbine, indeed? This I tried once, came in capsules from a head/smartshop and was one of the most ugly stim experiences so far, just matched possibly by an overdose on either caffeine or nicotine. Horribly jittery and scatter-minded. Maybe it was just overdosed?

Unfortunately most of the supplements aren't available here and import has a good chance of being seized. Like cyclazodone, oroxylin A etc. so I need to stick to the more commonly known supps.

How would you describe the effects of mucuna pruriens? I'm interesting in it as a dopamine increasing supplement, and it seems like that when one doses high enough there is no peripheral carboxylase inhibitor necessary but I've asked here somewhere about pharmaceutical L-DOPA+carbidopa which is OTC here but people warned me off trying it. How much mucuna powder are you using?

Yohimbine, indeed? This I tried once, came in capsules from a head/smartshop and was one of the most ugly stim experiences so far, just matched possibly by an overdose on either caffeine or nicotine. Horribly jittery and scatter-minded. Maybe it was just overdosed?

Unfortunately most of the supplements aren't available here and import has a good chance of being seized. Like cyclazodone, oroxylin A etc. so I need to stick to the more commonly known supps.
With dopa mucuna I started low, from now days 2 caps = 800mg mucuna priens and 120mg l-dopa. So I took one cap, 1/2 dose and then went to full dose and just fine. I have taken 2 caps 2xs a day when I had a long day.

Have u tried sabroxy that has 10% Oroxylin A. I'm taking quite a bit which is why I just want the Oroxylin a. Bc stuff is very stimulating and I could probably take idk 100mg of that instead 1000mg sabroxy.

Yohimbe I've heard u gotta take very small doses.

Are you taking L-tyrosine or NALT? Can't make dopamine without it.

Also buy a good version of dopa mucuna and not a crap one.

With dopa mucuna I started low, from now days 2 caps = 800mg mucuna priens and 120mg l-dopa. So I took one cap, 1/2 dose and then went to full dose and just fine. I have taken 2 caps 2xs a day when I had a long day.

Have u tried sabroxy that has 10% Oroxylin A. I'm taking quite a bit which is why I just want the Oroxylin a. Bc stuff is very stimulating and I could probably take idk 100mg of that instead 1000mg sabroxy.

Yohimbe I've heard u gotta take very small doses.

Are you taking L-tyrosine or NALT? Can't make dopamine without it.

Also buy a good version of dopa mucuna and not a crap one.

I will take some L-tyrosine together with the mucuna pruriens. I think the tree grows here because you can get it for very cheap compared to other supplements. Powder, seeds, whole beans ... I need powdered beans, right? Or an extract?

Unfortunately I would need to import sabroxy which means great chance of it being stopped and asked for clearing papers which I can't get. Read mixed reviews about it though but some seem to swear on it.

Yeah, probably overdosed yohimbine. But given that its mechanism of action is inverse to that of clonidine I don't see much use for it personally, I already have tachycardia for which I take propranolol and even try to avoid coffee because it overamps me. Miss good old dextroamphetamine ...

I will take some L-tyrosine together with the mucuna pruriens. I think the tree grows here because you can get it for very cheap compared to other supplements. Powder, seeds, whole beans ... I need powdered beans, right? Or an extract?

Unfortunately I would need to import sabroxy which means great chance of it being stopped and asked for clearing papers which I can't get. Read mixed reviews about it though but some seem to swear on it.

Yeah, probably overdosed yohimbine. But given that its mechanism of action is inverse to that of clonidine I don't see much use for it personally, I already have tachycardia for which I take propranolol and even try to avoid coffee because it overamps me. Miss good old dextroamphetamine ...
I just use dopa mucuna from now brand. Might switch to the powder or pure herb as I've found some reputable herb sources.

They're are dopa mucuna with 20% ldopa so i would just make sure u understand how much ldopa is in it it. Although it looks like powder and extracts are around the 15% as well.

That's unfortunate u have such strict shipping rules.

If i find anything else ill let u know.

Yeah i think with sabroxy ppl either take too little or too much and they're also not accounting for other things they take with it.

Without caffeine or caffeine and panax sabroxy seems kinda useless.

Also recommend using NALT for L-tyrosine I read its has a higher bio availability. Maybe It help me take less than 1000mg a day, (500mg 2xs a day)

I have Supraventricular tachycardia, I take propranolol and flecainide bc my heart goes too fast which is also y I want to go all natural or at least a safer route. I have to be very careful and that is why I constantly watch my HR and BP while trying these things.

Taken me months to get this far, I'd hope within a few more months I'll have a more prlerfected stack and be completely off pharama stims.

Plus with vyvanse it's too easy to take an extra one. Which is why I've been studying kratom for stim effects bc if I take too much ill go to sleep and therefore can't abuse it like a regular stim. Which is good.

They're are dopa mucuna with 20% ldopa so i would just make sure u understand how much ldopa is in it it. Although it looks like powder and extracts are around the 15% as well.
I've acquired a bottle of mucuna pruriens with 15% l-dopa. One capsule maybe 800mg. But now the thing, I took first 2, then 3 more and eventually 5 more. Not the slightest hint of effects. I thought/hoped one could overload the carboxylase enzymes by dosing high but no. Did you feel regular doses of mucuna?