• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Noopept, Choline and LSD?

Someone (or even better many people to get a larger sample size) should take a dose of a psych.or empath. and then a week or 2 later take the identical dose of the identical psych with a dose of racetam and report results. I'm very curious about the potential of racetam nootropics to increase the effects of psych./empath. drugs and am curious about their interaction so I'd appreciate any info people can give me.

Sadly it won't be that simple, Piracetam at least takes a week or more of use in some ?most? individuals before exhibiting noticeable cognitive benefits so I'd expect a similar timelag for any psychedelic potentiation.
I'd expect a lot to vary too on dosge - which I find varies a lot between individuals. I need only about 300mg of Piracetam to notice an effect and 800mg+ leaves me overstimulated & buzzy. I'd expect similar differences in effective potentiation does & this may not match up with the cognitive enhancement dose.

There's certainly a lot of reports of potentiation by the racetams, mostly Piracetam as far as I've seen - though it's the one most widely used for the longest period - so I'd expect there to be something in it, not necessarily a guaranteed effect for everyone though. I've personally not noticed any obvious potentiation, though I've not really looked as I find deprenyl/harmaloids an easier & more reliable solution for that.

^ i don't mean to nitpick but noopept isn't technically a racetam.
To assume the same results as a classic, older nootropics in combination with LSD isn't really helpful, but caution is certainly advised!

Apologies for double-posting, but the edit function is on the fritz.
Rather than "not helpful" I meant to agree with the remark above stating that these combinations are scarcely - or completely unchartered territory are true.
Noopept plus mxe equals total blocking of the latter, in my experience. There seems to be scant information around, so if any others who have experience in this could report (thanks psychonautical and SONN!) would be greatly appreciated.

On the choline front, there is 200+ mg choline in a couple of fried eggs, and if you buy the omega 3 variety, you get a good choline dose and some healthy fats to go with your noots

Huh, I was always under the impression that noopept was a racetam. Is it just that it has similar effects to the racetam family? Or does it work entirely differnetly/ via a different mechanism. Is it chemically similar to the racetams?

Noopept is proline + glycine ethyl ester. It is glycine bonded to proline in a wonderful way.

With LSD? 10mgs will definitely potentiate it. Highly reccomended... It's like... take a tab... groovy...wanna go up? 10mgs under the tongue.+++

The only nootropic to take with it.... Piracetam or any of the other tams... maybe. Be very careful with mixing psychedelics and nootropics.

Glowing and awesome have been used to describe said experiences.

-lenses

Last edited:
Huh, I was always under the impression that noopept was a racetam. Is it just that it has similar effects to the racetam family? Or does it work entirely differnetly/ via a different mechanism. Is it chemically similar to the racetams?

It's a derivative of the -racetam family and it shares similar mechanism of action but it is not itself a -racetam.

Be very careful with mixing psychedelics and nootropics.

I read this everywhere but they mean taking the Noopept like just an hour before the psychedelic, right ?
Not taking Noopept during the day (as it is intented) and taking a psychedelic at night ?

I'd say be careful taking psychedelics when you have any other substance in your bloodstream. I don't know how long Noopept remains in your system for but I'd still be cautious if I'd taken it during the day.

Yeah it stays in your system for days if not week/s

That little peptide? I doubt that, how do you figure or where did you read it? Having lasting effects is not the same as having the substance lasting and acting in your body. That is how people came up with the LSD in spinal fluid myth.

Just thought I'd check, and now I'm reading 4-6 hours.

Waiting on a drug to clear in consideration of drug-drug interactions is always a tapered thing due to the concept of halflives and general pharmacokinetics theory. There is an exponential decrease which yields an approximation of baseline at some point but never a moment where suddenly out of the blue the coast is clear.

^ you're right, I didnt articulate myself very well.
I have experienced blocking effects with mxe several days after last dosing noopept, so I assumed it lingered in the brain somehow.
Neuroscience isn't my strong point, as demonstrated here.

For me Noopept + LSD work in an ambiguous way. On one side, it does potentiate (in a way) LSD, on the other it seems to influence and change LSD experience. The feeling after LSD alone (without noopept) does always feel to me more stable and pleasurably under control. Noopept makes the the general feeling of the experience unpleasantly unstable. I don't think it is because of the general potentiation of LSD by noopept , it feels more like noopept simply changes LSD effects/experience. And the change is not so positive overall. For me it gives me a kind of nervous feeling and a negative/depressing outlook of everything around. LSD by itself (without noopept) always feels to me positive, appreciative and satisfying. With noopept it is just a rougher and a bit different kind of experience.