• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Noobish questions alprazolam

Make Drugs Not War

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, sorry if this is already answered. I usually smoke weed or do stimulans but currently in a rough spot and got 115 pills of 1mg alprazolam in blisters. They do the job for sure.

Now to my question: how long and how heavy do you have to be on bensos daily for it to be dangerous to quit cold turkey, specifically the thing with seizures, I am scared of those and have had a bad one from Tramadol. Only one tho, never touched Tramadol since.

My english kinda(?) sucks currently due to me being fucked up on a mix of drugs, sorry. Its my second language. I am also searching for approval, it looks like. Peace.

Ih seriously slow down now. What makes me suspicious is they came in a blister pack. If you got it in The US they will give it to you in a bottle. Anyways just be careful. Probably a RC bath salt. There's no telling since you're mixing so many together how I can't pick apart what the wisest decision is. Given the fact they may not even be Xanax. Just stay safe keep posting to show us your here. Other then that I'm completely speechless.

Now to my question: how long and how heavy do you have to be on bensos daily for it to be dangerous to quit cold turkey,
Such an impossible question to answer.

I once took 40mg of pharma alprazolam over the course of about 7 or 8 days, combined with an indeterminate amount of alcohol. I stopped suddenly and took nothing. I went into psychosis and surprised I didn't seize or died because felt like I should have, but the psychosis was enough to kill itself.

It's all relative. You can take a lot, but as long as you taper you will be fine from a medical perspective.

Cold Turkey is what makes people seize or is dangerous.

Ih seriously slow down now. What makes me suspicious is they came in a blister pack. If you got it in The US they will give it to you in a bottle. Anyways just be careful. Probably a RC bath salt. There's no telling since you're mixing so many together how I can't pick apart what the wisest decision is. Given the fact they may not even be Xanax. Just stay safe keep posting to show us your here. Other then that I'm completely speechless.

Sorry, so I am in Scandinavia and we do get lots of xanax coming in from eastern europe. Blisters are the standard. Boxes only carry two blisters so they get removed early for space during transport. They do look and feel legit but I do appreciate the concern, I cannot be sure. I have heard there are lots of fakes out there. I appreciate your reply ✌🏻

You're welcome. I just assumed you where in America. Other then that aside I would suggest that you go easy on them. They are a very powerful benzodiazapine. Which could lead to a nasty addiction.

Such an impossible question to answer.

I once took 40mg of pharma alprazolam over the course of about 7 or 8 days, combined with an indeterminate amount of alcohol. I stopped suddenly and took nothing. I went into psychosis and surprised I didn't seize or died because felt like I should have, but the psychosis was enough to kill itself.

It's all relative. You can take a lot, but as long as you taper you will be fine from a medical perspective.

Cold Turkey is what makes people seize or is dangerous.

Fuck, that sounds horrible. Sorry that happened to you. How long did you stay in the psychosis?

No alcohol since long but a small daily dose of bup for me, probably around 0.5mg. The xanax doses are 1-3mg per day depending on how much anxiety I have. I also smoke weed daily. I used to do lots of speed. Not proud, especially of all the mixing going on and the level of my drug use. Would like to get healthier than I am currently but thats OT.

I am going to look into how tapering xanax works and when to and more info on the drug in general.

Thanks for your reply ✌🏻

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that 110mg of alprazolam are not enough to get you really physically hooked. I know that I could take 3-4mg a day for a month without risking much withdrawal. Maybe a few sleepless nights and some anxiety but nothing serious. Xanax is powerful but physical addiction takes a while with benzos.

BUT: 110 pills are more than enough to get you hooked psychologically, you may well buy more once your stash is gone.

I am pretty sure that 110mg of alprazolam are not enough to get you really physically hooked. I know that I could take 3-4mg a day for a month without risking much withdrawal. Maybe a few sleepless nights and some anxiety but nothing serious. Xanax is powerful but physical addiction takes a while with benzos.

BUT: 110 pills are more than enough to get you hooked psychologically, you may well buy more once your stash is gone.

Hey, thanks, really appreciate the sharing of knowledge. Regarding the last part, I am 100% an addict (other drugs) since decades and realize that this is beyond 'risky' but you know how it goes.

Hey, thanks, really appreciate the sharing of knowledge. Regarding the last part, I am 100% an addict (other drugs) since decades and realize that this is beyond 'risky' but you know how it goes.

I have had really bad experiences with benzodiazepines, got hooked on them several times. The withdrawals weren't all that bad and the benzos themselves were rather benign in terms of harshness on your body/side effects. However, all benzos turn me into a completely reckless person, total personality change. I always started to heavily abuse stimulants under the influence of benzos, I became quite criminal and my drinking habits got completely crazy. I always ended up washing down entire blister packs of valium with Vodka to calm my stimulant tortured nerves, really really unhealthy, self destructive behavior.

I am usually a very functional addict but whenever I started taking benzos I completely lost control of my life within a few months and all functionality was gone. Even got arrested once for destroying someone's car for no real reason other than my stimulant induced psychosis.

I have had really bad experiences with benzodiazepines, got hooked on them several times. The withdrawals weren't all that bad and the benzos themselves were rather benign in terms of harshness on your body/side effects. However, all benzos turn me into a completely reckless person, total personality change. I always started to heavily abuse stimulants under the influence of benzos, I became quite criminal and my drinking habits got completely crazy. I always ended up washing down entire blister packs of valium with Vodka to calm my stimulant tortured nerves, really really unhealthy, self destructive behavior.

I am usually a very functional addict but whenever I started taking benzos I completely lost control of my life within a few months and all functionality was gone. Even got arrested once for destroying someone's car for no real reason other than my stimulant induced psychosis.

Okay wow, kinda on the wild side when you randomly kick a cars ass by hand. Mad respect 👌🏻

On a serious note. Thank you for what you are doing. I have a fucked up speed habit and I appreciate that you shared what happened to you. I don't even like using them together but so fucking anxious lately. I work from home and also stay at home for most part at the moment and do not take more than 3 xans a day. Currently.

About them changing you; oh yeah. I am in love with the relief of angst but also not happy with the person I become. Too cold. Even if it can be convenient, like these times.

A week or two is enough to start the beginning of it physically. Mental addictions, the time varies per person and substance at what time.

If you're concerned already, consider that.

We can't chart out your fire escape. That's a personal call.

I have had really bad experiences with benzodiazepines, got hooked on them several times. The withdrawals weren't all that bad and the benzos themselves were rather benign in terms of harshness on your body/side effects.
From what I gather is the people that suffer the most during withdrawal are the ones that got addicted more than once. That whole kindling effect. Most people say even light addiction is miserable.

Also yeah, the way benzos erase any will power or integrity is amazing. Two weeks ago I had 1 mg of etizolam at the end of my work day. When I looked out the window I had noticed the town left two pieces of cardboard next to the recycle bin. FOr all the damn taxes I pay they could have picked it up. So I take the etizolam and had the thought of taking the cardboard and dumping it in front of the DPW door. I almost did. But I realized it was one of those instances where my inhibitions were down and that cameras are everywhere so I decided against it. The fact I even had that thought was crazy. The thought would never pop into my head sober. Thankfully it was a light dose and I caught myself. But yeah, I understand lowered inhibitions can cause us to do things we would not do and the thing that keeps me in check gets erased by a benzo. If I had taken double who knows if I would have carried that out.

The way benzos erase that thing that keeps us in check without even realizing is incredible,

A week or two is enough to start the beginning of it physically. Mental addictions, the time varies per person and substance at what time.

If you're concerned already, consider that.

We can't chart out your fire escape. That's a personal call.

Hey man. Okay, cool regarding info on start of physically addiction. Would you agree with RC-Lover123 in that it probably will be followed by a few sleepless nights and some anxiety but thats it?

Huh, so English is not my first language but I guess you are telling me to think atleast twice. Which I get. If not, I dont know whats up. I come here mostly for advice.

Edit: correct spelling

Hey man. Okay, cool regarding info on start of physically addiction. Would you agree with RC-Lover123 in that it probably will be followed by a few sleepless nights and some anxiety but thats it?

Huh, so English is not my first language but I guess you are telling me to think atleast twice. Which I get. If not, I dont know whats up. I come here mostly for advice.

Edit: correct spelling

Stop now and take what we call 'easy street.' it's not the long hard road.

The longer you keep using lorazepam, the longer and harder your withdrawal will be.

The longer you keep using lorazepam, the longer and harder your withdrawal will be.

I am using the ones I have, it is one of those situations. Good advice though.

Here is my the start of the previous version of this message which is kinda lame and also not entirely true. Kept it in for transparency. The defensiveness :)

Well, I'm addicted to other shit but not bensoz. I can keep them around for a while but dont get me wrong - when I rarely have them they get used. In comparison with other drugs they stay at my place longer tho.

About that, FYI.
Plan is looking currently:

Alprazolam then,
Buprenorphine (saved up more than my current small daily dosage) then,
Kratom to quit everything for a while or for good.

Suggestions?

Incredibly scary, I really hate being blacked out.
I think you might have a heavier dependence and addiction here than your really allowing yourself to admit from the last few posts you've made here. Are you sure you need advice on how to avoid by stopping when?

If you're having scary experiences blacking out and it's an 'I hate it when' - forgive me for prying and I know your English isn't the best.. but you write that like you blackout a lot. Or you have.

How long have you actually been using benzoes. Before you quit last time, like overall. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings here but I'm concerned you're kidding yourself here. This is a forum full of people with heavy heavy addictions and we dont judge.

Do you judge yourself?

I think you might have a heavier dependence and addiction here than your really allowing yourself to admit from the last few posts you've made here. Are you sure you need advice on how to avoid by stopping when?

If you're having scary experiences blacking out and it's an 'I hate it when' - forgive me for prying and I know your English isn't the best.. but you write that like you blackout a lot. Or you have.

How long have you actually been using benzoes. Before you quit last time, like overall. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings here but I'm concerned you're kidding yourself here. This is a forum full of people with heavy heavy addictions and we dont judge.

Do you judge yourself?

Hey, no hard feelings. Honesty is cool✌🏻
Sorry if I mentioned to much already; I am an addict. Speed for the most part. Weed if thats possible being addicted to, I feel it is kinda. I do not black out from using xanax. I did black out tho, from drinking, now no drinks since many years. Therefore my usage of bensoz has been minimal compared to other drugs I have abused. It does not sound that great either I guess but I don't use that hard? I dont to keep using after this shitstorm tho. I am in contact with medical/psych and stuff is happening there soon. First time going there in my 38 years, about time.

Call me out on bullshit if there is any. I know you do :)

Should I judge myself? I dont know? I am an addict and I dont think I am ashamed of it although I would like to be happy without drugs. My life is a less but I am working on it. It is getting better.

Hey, no hard feelings. Honesty is cool✌🏻
Sorry if I mentioned to much already; I am an addict. Speed for the most part. Weed if thats possible being addicted to, I feel it is kinda. I do not black out from using xanax. I did black out tho, from drinking, now no drinks since many years. Therefore my usage of bensoz has been minimal compared to other drugs I have abused. It does not sound that great either I guess but I don't use that hard? I dont to keep using after this shitstorm tho. I am in contact with medical/psych and stuff is happening there soon. First time going there in my 38 years, about time.

Call me out on bullshit if there is any. I know you do :)

Should I judge myself? I dont know? I am an addict and I dont think I am ashamed of it although I would like to be happy without drugs. My life is a less but I am working on it. It is getting better.
This is some wisdom I've gained from living with harm reduction as my main program.

"I am an addict"
"I have an addiction"

"I relapsed I threw away a year!"
"I went a year before I used again! I didn't feel like a relapsing failure and I put it down again much quicker and I'm still alive!"

Look at those. How you look at yourself and think about things will be crucial in your journey here.

I have an addiction and I am not an addict. I'm Joey