• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Nondualism & non-discriminatory is the hardest lesson to practice

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
It's been a while now since I came to these concepts (via the Aghori Hindu sect if you care) & I've been trying to practise it daily, I've had a few break through experiences with it & have managed to burn out some of my views towards other people etc BUT I seem to fall back. I take 3 steps forward & take 2 back.

To hold a TOTAL view on these things is so hard, I could be there with that "Satori" view upon the world for a moment watching people go by & just be in the moment viewing the world in all it's glory from a dog taking a crap on the street to a new born child making noises, birds flying in the sky etc then somebody will do something stupid, usually a teenager thinking his gangster playing loud music from his phone & that vibe is broken, my "meditation" is smashed inthe most rude fashion & I feel like Kali in her black form (Samhara Kali) I could take heads off & do a dance of Destruction upon that person.

Anyone managed to get over this issue?
How did you go it?

Just follow your thoughts..

Each one is trying to teach you something.

I'm doing a bit better each day, back in my early 20's I had some quite foul views towards some groups of people to say the least BUT I learned they aren't to blame for the way things are & it's stupid just to hate someone due to their place of birth. My views were the same as the Taliban in a way, from that base I managed to move on which in a way opened the door to faith for me & I have made real progress in who I am as a person.

I do try like you said to follow my thoughts, it has done me quite well in many ways & since I've been doing things like Magick, reading into the Tao etc it's opened me up in ways I would have never believed were possible.

I guess due to my past 7 the stuff I have learned from my faith in Santa Muerte & the Hindu Aghori sect I try to adopt a FULL Nondualism & non-discriminatory view upon the world but it's hard. When I first began I had several flashes of "Satori" which blew me away & I KNEW this was "The Truth" of how to live & see the world & I try my best to do it daily but it's hard.

Everyone at some point in a day will show an act of discriminatory behaviour to someone, it may be really small or very large BUT we do it & it isn't right to do it, I also find those of the left & shout about being "Woke" are the worst for this. I have been witness to some "Woke" Hippie types wearing that gay flag & had a bag making a statement about Anti animal testing speak the most horrible words about some heroin addicted guy asking for cash in the city, they called hgim " a junkie" & said how he must smell then laughed, this is the same people who are making a public comment about being gay FFS, how would they like it if he said abot gay men having anal sex & how their penis must have bits of shit on it & how gross that is if you follow me here?

It's been a while now since I came to these concepts (via the Aghori Hindu sect if you care) & I've been trying to practise it daily,
How do you practice non-dualism, when we live in a dualistic universe and reality?

As to non-discrimination.

Discrimination is just choosing a side, and is thus more good than evil.

We do discriminate all the time, --- for both negative and positive sides.

Regards
DL

How do you practice non-dualism, when we live in a dualistic universe and reality?
Do we?........
By picking to say that you have made yourself live in that world.

I want to see "God" in everything, you aware of The Aghori?
Discrimination is just choosing a side, and is thus more good than evil.
BUT why should WE pick what's right or wrong?
If "God" made everything & it's pure who are WE to pick what's "right" or "wrong"

In MY experience when you have a break through moment into that One True Reality everything becomes one whole thing, the feeling of being seperate from things goes away & we see life as it really is. So if that is the case why should we NOT see "God" in everything around us, pick & choose what is good or bad, what is clean or dirty? It's all ONE & comes from the same place, who are we to pick what is clean & only do what we like due to our ego saying so?

If "God" made everything & it's pure who are WE to pick what's "right" or "wrong"
Because his book, the book that is supposed to guide you, tells us to do so.

Most right or wrong, like all moral tenets, are subjective.

You are not a fit human if you are not using your moral mind and not deciding what is good or evil.

Regards
DL

Because his book, the book that is supposed to guide you, tells us to do so.

Most right or wrong, like all moral tenets, are subjective.

You are not a fit human if you are not using your moral mind and not deciding what is good or evil.

Regards
DL

You'' find The Vedic & other Hindu texts are quite older than The Bible.

You'' find The Vedic & other Hindu texts are quite older than The Bible.

There is much before the stupid and present Christian supernatural interpretations.

Which of those traditions tells you to not use your mind?

Will you ignore that you cannot come up with anything non-dualistic?

Regards
DL

It's been a while now since I came to these concepts (via the Aghori Hindu sect if you care) & I've been trying to practise it daily, I've had a few break through experiences with it & have managed to burn out some of my views towards other people etc BUT I seem to fall back. I take 3 steps forward & take 2 back.

To hold a TOTAL view on these things is so hard, I could be there with that "Satori" view upon the world for a moment watching people go by & just be in the moment viewing the world in all it's glory from a dog taking a crap on the street to a new born child making noises, birds flying in the sky etc then somebody will do something stupid, usually a teenager thinking his gangster playing loud music from his phone & that vibe is broken, my "meditation" is smashed inthe most rude fashion & I feel like Kali in her black form (Samhara Kali) I could take heads off & do a dance of Destruction upon that person.

Anyone managed to get over this issue?
How did you go it?

The problem is that you're trying to practice non-dualism. If you're "practicing" it, then it's an object in the mind, and all objects in awareness are dualistic. The mind itself is dualistic. Trying to go about realization through the mind is incredibly difficult, perhaps impossible. You need to quiet mind entirely. That which we are, is not an object. What we are is the subject that all objects arise within.

You won't be able to see the world as non-dual until you realize the truth of what you are. Pure consciousness is unchanging, expansive, and open to everything. It is always awake, even when "you" are sleeping. It is never not shining. IT IS YOU. It is the awareness behind everything, that illuminates all of the manifest objects in existence. An analogy is... the light in a room. The light illuminates the objects in the room. The contents of the room may change, but the light is always shining. The light does not need a light to be shined on it to see the light. The light is its own source. This is the Atman, the real self.

Mind may resist thoughts, or have reactions to thoughts, but consciousness doesn't. It is unchanged by the activities of mind, much like how the sky is unchanged by birds, airplanes, clouds, etc.

The "knower" is an aspect of mind that is lit up by consciousness. The knower is a much more limited version of consciousness, because it sees a tiny slice of the world through the instruments available to it: hearing, sight, smell, taste, etc. This is why the knower cannot know the consciousness which illuminates it, which is why "practicing" non-duality is impossible. The mind and the knower can't really know non-duality because they are dual!

You can hold up a mirror to yourself and see your reflection, and the reflection is accurate enough that you can study yourself in the reflection. This is the mind, and this is the knower and knowledge. But the reflection isn't the source, it is a limited fascimile. Similarly, an eye see the world but it cannot see itself. It sees the world of objects but it cannot see the consciousness that is illuminating its sight.

It's so simple that most people overlook it, or they identify it with their personal name. I am Bob, and Bob experiences things. But who is Bob really? Who is the awareness that illuminates this Bob? That is the real you, and it is non-dual.

You don't "experience" the non-dual, you ARE non-dual... that is what core awareness is. You may be happy, sad, living, dying, whatever... the awareness illuminating those experiences is unchanged, non-dual. There is nothing to overcome to see this truth. It's actually easy to see it. It's not knowledge or ignorance, the known or unknown. These are all objects.

It's just consciousness.

The problem is that you're trying to practice non-dualism. If you're "practicing" it, then it's an object in the mind, and all objects in awareness are dualistic. The mind itself is dualistic. Trying to go about realization through the mind is incredibly difficult, perhaps impossible. You need to quiet mind entirely. That which we are, is not an object. What we are is the subject that all objects arise within.

You won't be able to see the world as non-dual until you realize the truth of what you are. Pure consciousness is unchanging, expansive, and open to everything. It is always awake, even when "you" are sleeping. It is never not shining. IT IS YOU. It is the awareness behind everything, that illuminates all of the manifest objects in existence. An analogy is... the light in a room. The light illuminates the objects in the room. The contents of the room may change, but the light is always shining. The light does not need a light to be shined on it to see the light. The light is its own source. This is the Atman, the real self.

Mind may resist thoughts, or have reactions to thoughts, but consciousness doesn't. It is unchanged by the activities of mind, much like how the sky is unchanged by birds, airplanes, clouds, etc.

The "knower" is an aspect of mind that is lit up by consciousness. The knower is a much more limited version of consciousness, because it sees a tiny slice of the world through the instruments available to it: hearing, sight, smell, taste, etc. This is why the knower cannot know the consciousness which illuminates it, which is why "practicing" non-duality is impossible. The mind and the knower can't really know non-duality because they are dual!

You can hold up a mirror to yourself and see your reflection, and the reflection is accurate enough that you can study yourself in the reflection. This is the mind, and this is the knower and knowledge. But the reflection isn't the source, it is a limited fascimile. Similarly, an eye see the world but it cannot see itself. It sees the world of objects but it cannot see the consciousness that is illuminating its sight.

It's so simple that most people overlook it, or they identify it with their personal name. I am Bob, and Bob experiences things. But who is Bob really? Who is the awareness that illuminates this Bob? That is the real you, and it is non-dual.

You don't "experience" the non-dual, you ARE non-dual... that is what core awareness is. You may be happy, sad, living, dying, whatever... the awareness illuminating those experiences is unchanged, non-dual. There is nothing to overcome to see this truth. It's actually easy to see it. It's not knowledge or ignorance, the known or unknown. These are all objects.

It's just consciousness.
Mind is blown.

That's honestly one of the best things I've ever read on here, I follow you 100% on this post & thanks for taking the time to post it.

Will you ignore that you cannot come up with anything non-dualistic?
Yes I will............

It's just consciousness.

End of debate.

The thread was shut down after that was posted, I'm not here to debate with you, I couldn't give a fuck if you are alive or dead tbh so why waste my time in even posting a reply to you after this?..............Nope I have none.

The WHOLE PURPOSE of why I posted this was shut down & I learned the moment I read what @Foreigner posted.

You can't come up with anything non-dualistic, that's the whole point. lol

I tried my best.

How much more could I do than post stuff on The Aghori? Yet he/she never watched it or commented, that says it all.

I was suspect on that account for a while, I'd never seen them post about drugs, even a comment upon DXM would have shut my concept down let alone something on smoking N,N DMT but Nada, everything is posted in here which made me even more suspect.

Last edited by a moderator: