• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Nondenominational Churches

I've been digging Gnosticism. I was recently told I should go to a gnostic mass. I think I will.

Nice, I read the site a bit. I always like seeing congregations of any type being focused on actually tackling moral issues and helping people.

We are welcoming folk. Come around to a congregation or service sometime. You might also like our 7 principles at the foundation of our faith.

My religion is just my own spirituality, I'm good with myself and in touch with the universe. :) I was brought up Methodist and had a good experience, and as an adult I've regularly attended (for years) 2 different churches (to be in their choirs which were really good) that also really had the right idea, and it was a good experience. At this point though I feel no need for structured spiritual practice in a religious context. I think religion can be a great thing for people but every religion is just trying to get at the same thing, and what that thing is to you is highly individual and personal. There isn't one that's right over the others.

But thanks, that's nice of you. :)

Last edited:
Fair enough! Although I'll say you sound like a UU. We have loads of folk from all faiths, as well as plenty of agnostics and atheists. Its non theistic and non dogmatic. :)

No I'm not affiliated with UU in any way other than as a congregant. I just try to share the principles because they have improved my life and friendships so strongly.

Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, Nondenominational. Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew. What's your favorite flavor of sugar water?

I've been digging Gnosticism. I was recently told I should go to a gnostic mass. I think I will.

Gnostic Mass is usually held by Thelemic Orders Like the OTO. Modern Gnostic mass is Aleister Crowley's blasphemy against The Catholic Mass mixed with solar symbolism and worship. A beautiful and spiritual experience if you understand the symbolism.