Non-raving bluelighters....

Well the whole reason I started this thread wasn't to hear whether people liked clubs over raves, or didn't like raves, etc. It was to see how many bluelighters are ravers. Reason being, when I first started coming to bluelight, back on the other board, there was only a handful of ravers. There was a handful of hippies, there was a handful of middle aged adults, and then there was doc Tom. There was a different of array of different people having conversations about experiences on MDMA. It's seems now that ravers/clubber (you really don't know how closely we're related) dominate bluelight. I really enjoyed it when there was more different types of people(like beautiful who doesn't post that often anymore
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
).
Now.
miss apple: quote
I couldn't handle partying with 14 year olds trashed off their heads on things they know nothing about (not including people like Jennykins and candysomething in Ashke's thread a few days ago, although I strongly disagree with 14 year olds taking any drugs at all, regardless of their apparent maturity).
The thing I really don't like about raves is that everything...the lights, the glowsticks, dust masks, vibrating toys, people have taken. pacifiers, massages, vicks, lollypops....are all there to enhance the effect of the drugs
unqoute.
Now here's the fucking kicker. This is what you said before you said the above statements.
muther fucking quote.
I have never been to a rave.
mutherfuckin unquote.
Talk about "things they know nothing about.
I'm pissed because your talking about something I hold very dear to me. AND YOU'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO ONE.
And this is for everyone.
14 YEAR OLD KIDS AT RAVES ARE SO FUCKING SELDOM IT'S NOT EVEN WORTH BRINGING UP. YEAH I'M 20 FUCKING 7 (27), AND I GO TO RAVES AND HANG OUT WITH 14 YEAR OLDS. EVEN 16 YEAR OLDS ARE NOT THAT FREQUENT. STOP TALKIN BOUT SHIT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT. (i feel better)
candyflip
Raves are for children and trippers... if you want to really experience the full capability of your physicality and possible mental states, throw away the beads, the dummies and the LSD, grab some cash, cancel work Monday, hook up with the Sydney crew who post on this Board, or come down to Melbourne, and we'll rock your clubbing world..
time of your life kid...

Well flipster, I've remember one time a party got shut down before it started. People started hanging out in a parking lot outside a record store to see what was going on. More and more people showed up there. People made phone calls, got more people, got a generator and DJ equipment and headed to rave rock, a space under the Whitestone Bridge NYC. We dance until the sun came up over the water, all good friends, and it was so beautiful, I felt so apart of something. We're talking the underground son. People who were going to DO THIS no matter how many times the authorityz tried to stop us. You think if a club shut down you'd have this unity that you'll take it to a park or field or under a bridge? Na, I don't think so. Take your dress codes, hair spray, tight fitting sexual promiscuous clothing, testosterone, gold chains and money clips and shovem up your mutherfuckin ass. I asked whether people were ravers or not. I didn't ask for you to diss my culture. Children, trippers and dummies huh? Keep doing E, maybe your mind will finally open and you can “experience the full capability of your physicality and possible mental states
.”
e_rep, the tree huggin hippy hardkore muthafucker.
Live for peace, die for freedom, FIGHT FOR RESPECT.

I am with beautiful there on this one. I too have never been not that I don't want to but that just don't always have tons of money to spend. Someday real soon I hope to go but just not now not till I can establish a bank account!! Much love to all you kandykids live it up and don't look back but someday I'll join you for a minute!!
blazE
------------------
as the hands of time grap for me I run in fear of intrapment of this fake world.

Why does "rave" have to equal dummies, glowsticks, etc?
When I started going to raves when I was 15, glowsticks and dummies were all the rage, but they seem to have gone out of fashion over the last few years.
What I classify as a rave, is an event that's in something other than the usual clubs (like Science Fiction NYE in Perth, at a racecourse). Going to the same old club gets boring, and it doesn't have that certain anonymity you can experience at a rave.
I've met so many people over the years that I wouldn't recognise if I saw them in the street a week later. I love that...its like a one-night-stand friendship...someone touches your life and then disappears, and if they're really special, you may bump into them next time and remember their name
smile.gif

The scene here seems to have switched to more 18+ events, which is good really (except for the alcohol element) if only for the reason that a lot of people get put off by the younger crowd (I have no objections...I'm hopeless at judging ages anyway, and I know some very immature people over 18
smile.gif
).
I love rolling at an event with my friends...that's the main ingredient in my fun. If I can't go out with lots of friends, I'd rather chill at home with a couple of pills (and even better, invite my friends over
smile.gif
).
I can listen to trance or drum n bass, alternative and classical music (my boyfriend is obsessed with classical) and have a great time, but I don't rely on the music. I can go to an event and not even know who's playing...I don't care as long as it sounds good (which it usually does).
I have always classified myself as a "raver" because its the genre (stereotype, if you like) that I identify most with. Its hard, because I have friends from all different scenes, and I kind of overlap a few scenes. I prefer to listen to drum n bass when I'm at an event, but I don't own any drum n bass cds. I love some bands, but I don't go to live gigs (except festivals), so I mainly listen to their music at home.
I think the thing that really makes the raver lifestyle for me, is the drugs. It sounds bad, but its also true of other scenes, except its more fun than sitting around a table getting stoned
smile.gif
Every scene seems to have its prefered drugs, we've just got the most fun
smile.gif
The camaraderie I feel with people who are "on the same level" is what makes it special, and its the reason I've been in the scene for the last 7 years.
All my friends who roll have got into the rave/club scene eventually (not all fulltime though)...is it inevitable? Do pills make you gravitate towards the music?
smile.gif

I am a Clubber mostly, I have been to a couple of raves. Gee there seems to be so much stress on this board, maybe i just need to chill out too. Where's my Blue light? Smokes, Water and Music? What? I left them in the car at the club, can someone give me a ride?...
smile.gif
I think you guys both clubbers and ravers both are great. Different but, gee i feel like i am on E and I haven't even dosed in a month. whew...
from Rolex
smile.gif

silver-you are so definately hippie like!! you are the modern day hippie, with your long hair and that cute hat you wore...not to mention your whole attitude with comong up to NY on a bus to party!! that is so cool and it was such a hippie like attitude!!
e-rep: i would post more, i lurk all the time but i can't be bothered with reading or entering most of teh threads (the topics just look like more of the same and tons of teh same every single day).
now, i am torn between agreeing with miss apple and with agreeing with e-rep. you are both correct. e-rep is 100% correct with saying, how can you speak against spmething you have never been to? yes, there are a lot of 14 (or seemingly 14 yr olds) that are messed up on drugs and only came for taht reason. but that is NOT what it is about. the 2 taht i have been to, i met lots of people tehre between the ages of 16 and 36!! raves are more about music and verything else taht you claim enhances teh effects of drugs are actually things taht enhance the effect of teh music. and that is all the drugs are, one more item for the music, the lights, the glowsticks--isn't all that for dancing and the music? raves are not only as you picture (f-ed up kids) but so much more. and this is all coming from someone who isn't into raves (not because of teh poeple, but because it's not my type of music). raves are so loving and pure acceptance. you make friends instantly, you share with stranmgers and in return they share with you. candy, drugs, hugs, company, etc. miss apple, you cannot put down something you have never been to (although you will see cracked out kids, but you always have those taht abuse the system).
hmm, i guess i agree with e-rep more. although i can';t stand raves myself. but e-rep, you must admit there are many messed up, passed out teenagers all over the floors of a rave!!! tis true, tis true!!
one of teh best bashes by e-rep was to an unsuspecting tripEgirl over the tunnel and guidos. one of teh best things i have read (as i am anti guido as a group, not on an individual basis).
if i had to choose between ravers and club kids, i choose the matrix. ha ha, i love the movie!! nah, if i had to choose, i prefer raves. but i'd much ratehr do without eitehr of you!!
let's here it for the goth and punk clubbers!!! anyone else not there not inot raves, bored by the trendy and beautiful, more of teh same with the "good " ones? am i the only here how likes to go to goth/punk/industrial/britpop/modern rock clubs??? somebody else out tehre must love to dance to joy division, ned's, ministry, or the cure???? everyone claims to love radiohead or bjork, who else goes to clubs taht play GOOD music??

First off, I gots to send some phatty phatty props to e_rep on this... YOU ARE DA BOMB!!! Gimme a mother fuckin' hug yo!!! LOL! = ) I love you! I always wind up taking some shit from my club friends because I'm a raver, but you know what... F that! I do what I love to do, and I get hang with some of the most dope peeps on the planet!!! Ravers RAWK!!!
There is one thing in this thread I really don't understand...
"I think the thing that really makes the raver lifestyle for me, is the drugs."
-E Bee
The one thing that we all have in common on this board is E. That's the reason we came here in the first place. The friendships followed...
So if the mindset (PLUR), the people, the music, the events, and the style don't seem all that attractive to you, what is it about the drugs that leads you to call yourself a raver...? I'm not trying to light a match here, it really just made me curious...

Wow....what has happened the the vibe on this board? Sure, I posted I was enjoying the deep/mona arguments but this seems to have given everyone an excuse to lash out at people. Chill a little.
e-rep....firstly, let's look at E Bee's definition of a rave....
What I classify as a rave, is an event that's in something other than the usual clubs (like Science Fiction NYE in Perth, at a racecourse)
unquote
If we take this as being the definition of a rave, as opposed to clubs, then I have been to a lot more raves than I realise. I frequent events like this three times as often as I frequent clubs. I prefer these type of events for the people that attend, their attitude (or lack of it) and the freedom that we have in the way we express ourselves. And I also realise that's what raves are all about.
Secondly, lets look at mona's definition of a club
My idea of a real club offers top quality music (debatable, I know), through a sometimes poor sound system, but the dj's are running the joint and can't afford top notch equipment like @ 'home', the people are mixed, some are freaks, some aren't, some are dirty, some are clean, NO-ONE dressed the same...ANYONE wearing ANYTHING is allowed in... and generally there is an air of "we don't care" around the place, an air of "we just came here to dance and don't give a fuck about anything else"
unquote.
These, e-rep are the clubs I frequent. These definitions do cross over. So, yes, we are closely related. I agree with you. You *can* quote "Take your dress codes, hair spray, tight fitting sexual promiscuous clothing, testosterone, gold chains and money clips and shovem up your mutherfuckin ass." unquote as these are not the type of clubs I frequent. Just as I was guilty of stereotyping raves and the people who attend them, you have also stereotyped clubs and their patrons into one group. And these type of clubs I have never, and will never step inside.
There are so many different types of people, events, raves, clubs, whatever that we can't classify people in certain categories. Yes, I've been guilty of stereotyping in this thread and for this I apologise. I have been harsh on a scene and a type of event I have chosen not to attend.
However, my opinions have been based on the messages and people who appear on this board, and their photos and personal accounts of such events. As the Australian rave/club culture is so different to the American rave/club culture this is as close I can get. It's from these accounts that I hear about the messed up 14 year olds, the people passing out and being hauled off in an ambulance. I've seen messages from young kids who are taking drugs, I've read the stories about the drug busts, the GHB problems, the people lying in corners too fucked to walk, the e-puddles on the dancefloor, disention between different raving 'groups' (candy ravers, jungalists whatever the hell they want to label themselves). I have never experienced ANY of the above things at ANY of the events I've attended. As all of these things happened at raves, I don't want to go to one of these raves. This is where my opinions on the rave scene have come from. From ravers themselves. You may say that compared to the number of raves held, this is a small number of incidents to happen at raves, and you never actually see these things happen. But they still happen. How many Australian bluelighters, or clubbing bluelighters, have you seen post about such things happening at their events? Not many. So although I was probably a little harsh on an event I had not attended, I was basing my opinions on real occurances.
8 months ago when I first started posting on bluelight, I didn't like Americans and the American culture. This was because I didn't understand the people or the country. Bluelight has taught me a lot about America and I understand you all a little bit more. So much so that I've decided to go and visit a country I swore I would never set foot in. I want to experience your culture first hand. I'm starting on the West Coast on April 26th, and making my way around the country over the next 3 or 4 months. During that time, I hope to not only meet many bluelighters, but attend your raves and go to your clubs to experience them first hand. Then e-rep, you and I can have this conversation again.....but only if you're civil :p
smile.gif

miss apple
[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 13 January 2000).]

Oh, and beautiful....I've spent many a night in an 'alternative music' club (as they're called here) dancing to the type of music you've mentioned. The 4 years I spent from the time I started clubbing till the time I moved to Sydney 3 years ago was spent in these clubs. Can't say I've ever found a club that plays radiohead or Bjork in particular, but had there been one in Brisbane, I would have been there. Everyone goes through phases in their musical taste, and mine at the moment just happens to be funky electro house. But when I change my music taste again (cause it will happen) I'll find a club that plays whatever I'm listening to.
miss apple

Hey Miss Apple,
We should hook up next time I'm in Sydney...appears we tend to hang out at the same type of "dress coded, hair spray, tight fitting sexual promiscuous clothing, testosterone, gold chains and money clip" clubs??
By the way, how do you guys put those smiley face graphics actually into the body of your posts?....
later
------------------
too many freaks, not enough circuses... :cool:

miss apple, was that you on the other board, when I had mentioned using E for spiritual purposes, you something about “hiding behind a spiritual guise”? I thought it might have been mona, but now seeing your mentality, it may have been you.
Probably the reason I am most pissed off is that the reason I started this thread was just to see how many bluelighters are ravers. That’s it. I see some responses, I click on the thread and BAM, I’m hit with all this shit about my scene. I didn’t ask for this. You want to talk shit, open your own thread about the differences between clubs and raves at the problems in both of them and it will be a discussion. Not me starting this thread for one simple reason and getting hit with these partisan views. And the thing about you, is that you’ve never been to a rave. At least have that attitude of “I’m going to see what they’re talking about”. And I AM NOT talking about the kind of rave that E bee is talking about. You can have a rave in a club, but to me that’s not a rave. If it’s in a club, either I won’t go or I’m disappointed if I already have a ticket. And you know, I went to club last week for Paul Van Dyke @ twilo in NYC. (There’s a PVD meetup rollcall thread right now), and it is the type of club you frequent, I saw someone leaning the corner puking. As opposed to all the people of the horror of seeing such a sight, in my mind I was like “you go girl”. She obviously had a good pill and that’s what happens. Lucky her. Now you or any of these people who would hate to see kids against the wall all fucked up, you never had a pill hit you so hard that you had to take a break, sit down, maybe puke or put your head down? Well that sucks for youz. Find a new dealer. And the majority of kids I see at rave sitting against the wall are cause they’re STRAIGHT. And about making judgments about raves from hear/say, of course you going to hear the bad side of things. Like the media, you NEVER hear about the millions of people who dropped acid in the last year, but you hear about 2 or 3 three who did something stupid while under the influence, like your going to hear about the one 14 year old attending the party. Now there are a bunch or reasons for having more “problems” at a rave as opposed to a club. First, the clubs are opened every week, all year. Most big raves come around maybe 2 –3 times a year, and we’re talking 10-15 thousand capacity maybe more. Smaller 3-5 thousand capacity maybe once every 2-3 months ,maybe. Than 700-1000 capacity and quite less all month. Now the parties you that will have the most “problems” that you hear about are the huge events. You have 10-15 THOUSAND)\(maybe more) people, ranging from all different age groups. Now that is a vast difference between the capacity of your clubs, so of course we’re going to have more problems. And these raves are huge events. People plan on going for months before they happen. I know when I’m waiting for a big party that, when they come around, I go all out and get mad fucked up. My choice, I can handle my drugs. It is unfortunate and I fucking HATE hearing about some kid who did to much drugs at a party and had to get rushed to the hospital or flat out die. It hurts. Anyway, when people go to clubs, it’s an every weekend thing, so it’s not like you go to get all fucked up like at one of these huge events. Know what I’m saying? And that quote “take your dress codes and hairspray” unquote shit was for candyflip. He directly stated get away from the raver type attitude, in other words, not the ”, the people are mixed[/I club attitude and not dress how you want. And another thing, clubs are a set location. The cops KNOW that there are drugs inside and why do you think it remains open? MONEY TALKS. PERIOD. So you got this club owner paying off the cops to run the business as usual and somebody fucks up and overdoses. The cops know the deal, the word gets out about something dying for getting all fucked up in a club, and no more business for the club owner, and no more money for the police. Put 2 + 2 together. And there are not a bunch of 14 year olds running rampant around raves. You have no right to talk about the scene because you are only talking about what you have heard. I have done both scenes, club, rave. Shit, I go to hardcore shows, metal shows, alternative clubs, everything. There is a reason I prefer raves over clubs, even at age 27. But unfortunately, its one of those things you can’t explain.
AND IT’S e_rep. NOT e-rep, not E-rep. e_rep. But you can call me Rob.
smile.gif

candyflip, listen you dress coded hairspray and gold chain wearing sexualy promiscuous money clip club kid
wink.gif
...........you make the smiles my using the colon and the ). If you put them directly together, like if you put : ) together, you get
smile.gif
. ; ) together =
wink.gif
and : ( =
frown.gif
. I think all the combinations are on the FAQ or another page around here.

I just had to try this out...
:0
smile.gif

frown.gif

wink.gif

------------------
PLUR
Tig
Binkies are way functional, they're kewl, and they're cute!
THEY ARE *NOT* LAME!!! grrrrr... = P

IT WORKED!!!! YEA!!! Go tigger! Go tigger! It's your birthday! THANK YOU e_rep!!! You da man!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hee Hee!!!
------------------
PLUR
Tig
Binkies are way functional, they're kewl, and they're cute!
THEY ARE *NOT* LAME!!! grrrrr... = P
[This message has been edited by tigger (edited 13 January 2000).]
[This message has been edited by tigger (edited 13 January 2000).]

I am not a raver. I really don't know where I fit in, actually. I personally put myself in the "fabulous" catagory. I want to be a *diva*. I love glamour, glitter, expensive drugs, champagne, feathers, style, and all the other ridiculously extravagant and horrifyingly expensive things. Not that I'm rich - I do my best with what I've got, even if it means I've got to wear the same sparkly stilletos and boa every day
wink.gif

I'm at work so unfortunately I don't have much time to reply (didn't stop me yesterday though did it
smile.gif
)
Firstly, glad to see you're in a better mood today e_rep (btw people always call me Miss Apple with the caps but hey, it's close enough. it's not like they're meaning anyone else. if there was an e_rep and an e-rep on the board maybe it would make a difference)
Secondly, if you wanted to find the ravers on the board, why did you ask for a shout out of all the non-ravers? What did you expect our responses would be?
Thirdly, E Bee's definition was a dance event outside of a club....her example was at a race course. Not a rave type event held in a club (like your PVD example). That's not a rave. I never said it was. It's a special club night. Sydney would never get 12-15000 people at a rave. Except on NYE. Which by all your definitions was a rave. So I *have* actually been to one. But to hell with definitions.
Forthly, as I said, American and Australian raves are completely different. I *would* go to the sort raves you go to if I could. But my whole last paragraph said that I would when I go to the states later this year. So I *do* have every intention of seeing what *your* scene is like.
No hard feelings e-rep, oops e_rep, but maybe you should read people's responses in more detail before responding yourself.
miss apple
oh, and no, that wasn't me hiding behind a spiritual guise. Guess again
[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 13 January 2000).]

Thanks e_rep.....lesseee...
wink.gif
that should work then?...
hmm, I was confused because, as MisApplication noted, your shoutout was originally for non-ravers...anyway, whatever, good luck to you and whatever you love doing..
later
------------------
too many freaks, not enough circuses... :cool: