Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

non Nuerotoxic empathogenic drug

pmz

Bluelighter
Do they exist? Similar to MDMA without the worry? Or as close to it

Not really. I mean MDAI is probably the closest you're going to get but MDAI doesn't get interesting until you add something to it and then it becomes neurotoxic...

Methylone isn't particularly neurotoxic but its no MDMA either and it has its own issues.

Most empathogens are directly or indirectly neurotoxic due to their serotonergic action, it's going to be hard to get around that. Drugs like 2C-B are not known to be "toxic", although they will cause desensitization of serotonin receptors. Light psychedelics are probably your best best, cathinones and other stimulants can be relatively benign if use is kept strictly in line, but their fiendish nature and urge to redose will only lead to more problems down the road.

6 apb (and MDAI same research team) was designed as a non neuro toxic MDMA analogue but it is less neuro toxic in my experience not non neurotoxic. It is rather good though as is 5 apb. Not MDMA but a heap better than methylone. Just my 5 cents.

2C-B is your best bet imo. finding the right dose can be a bit tricky at first, but once you do the body high and general buzz are pretty much identical to a lowish dose of MDMA, and you get LSD visuals to boot. It's also a better music enhancer imo.

mdai + eph should fit
5-apdb + eph probably
wouldn't wouch for the benzofurans tho they feel quite benign to me even in abuse (especially 5/6 apb and 5-mapb)

Not really. I mean MDAI is probably the closest you're going to get but MDAI doesn't get interesting until you add something to it and then it becomes neurotoxic...

Methylone isn't particularly neurotoxic but its no MDMA either and it has its own issues.

I always wondered how MDAI and Ephedrine would feel... but yes MDAI alone without something working on DA/NE isn't going to do much for you, but YMMV.

Methylone I believe still has potential for neurotoxicity albeit much lower than MDMA. However as Folley mentioned it is more fiendish than MDMA and its the redosing that neurotoxicity becomes an issue...

Regarding APB's, from what I suspect from reading many reports and there is conflict on this, some say they feel there is less neurotoxicity some say they feel it is worse off than MDMA, and speak of the devil someone in this thread said they aren't too bad another said they are horrible, IMHO the APB's im talking 6-APB/5-APBare indeed on par with MDMA neurotoxicity if not worse, especially much more cardiotoxic due to being potent 5HT2B agonists.

So, MDAI would be my top pick. However good luck finding it now.

I really like MDAI. So does my GF. 100mg each is a wonderful evening for the two of us. The perfect cuddle/talk/sex drug, imo.
This NYE she tried 100mg MDAI and I tried 100mg MDMA (instead of my "normal" 130mg dose). It was wonderful. Empathogenic, entactogenic, strong mood lift, confidence, .. .

It's not really a dance drug like MDMA. I must say, if I use MDMA it's at home, never at a party. Partywise I'm more an aMT kinda guy.
On the other hand, low dose mushrooms (0.25 -1gr, dried), is also very empathogenic for me.

I wouldn't say MDAI is "non-toxic" just because it doesn't share some of the same metabolites as MDMA. Abuse of the drug will still cause long term down regulation of serotonin receptors, which will have a much larger impact than a negligible amount of cardio toxicity. No drug is truly "safe", its about weighing the risks against the rewards and finding what is worth it for yourself. Personally I consider using a drug that's been around since the early 20th century with hundreds of research papers written on it to be a much more wise idea than taking a new RC with very limited information behind it. It would seem MDAI would be better than other analogues in this regard as it has been around for quite a bit longer than something like APDB and actually has some legitimate research behind it

I too agree with you Folley, however I was as you had said, stating of all the available serotonin releasers, MDAI would be the safest.

I disagree though because receptor down regulation is different from neurotoxicity, MDAI is itself not neurotoxic to serotoninergic neurons the way MDMA is, but like with any drug a tolerance can be built.