• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Non-habit-forming sleep aids??

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
No benzos, no z-drugs.

Mirtazapine and trazodone would spring to mind.

My questions: could Mianserin, the mirtazapine analogue and strong anti-histamine, also be used for a similar purpose?
Low dose as a sleep aid?
There's also, Maprotaline - the other tetracyclic, strong anti-histamine.

Either used as sleep aids?

Finally - I know also that amitriptyline is used for this purpose due to the same powerful H property as the aforementioned - but I'm not taking that into consideration.

Mianserin and maprotaline are really the ones I'm looking for insight on.

I know you're looking for information on the above two drugs, so I apologize for the tanget, but have you ever tried Clonidine (Catapres) for sleep? I wouldn't interject like this if I didn't think it could serve you. I've used essentially all drugs available to man, save for a few, but I'm still young. Included in this list are various different drugs for sleep. I've used Benzodiazepines, a handful of different Z-Drugs, Opioids, Melatonin, Sedating Antihistamines e.g. Diphenhydramine/Hydroxyzine/Promethazine and everything in between.

I was, at one point, a pretty serious Heroin addict facing felonies, jail and the like, but have since calmed down and have a life, but still get high occasionally. Throughout this change, I've had to decide what is and is not appropriate for me to be using on a regular basis. Clonidine is on the list. It's non-habit forming in a traditional sense, is a very effective sedative and it's fairly easy to withdraw from. These qualities thusly make it pretty easy to acquire as a prescription.

.2mg Clonidine works for me every time I take it. I'm not bullshitting when I say I would rather use it than Benzodiazepines, but I've never really been into them anyway.

Honestly I dont think any medical dose of any drug can consistently put me to sleep any more then 15 to 30 minutes faster. Id exercise during the day and just dim the lights a hour so before trying to sleep and wind down with some music or videos or tv.