• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

non benzos so he says

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Is lyrica or pregablin a benzo and if not does it help for heroin withdrawl 15 x 300 mg + 15 x 2mg of klonopin will they help my friend says both will help i only know diazepam > no price discussion please <

Last edited by a moderator:
it is not a benzodiazepine but does act on gaba receptors. yes, it helps greatly with opioids withdrawl, especially the restlessness.

we do not discuss prices here, please edit your post.
thank you

Lyrica is not a benzo because chemically it does not have a benzodiazepine structure and in the brain it doesnt bind to the benzodiazepine receptor. Rather it indirectly increases gaba activity in your brain producing effects thay may seem similar but activing in totally different ways.

Lyrica is not even acting in any way on the GABA receptors, it is calcium blocker specific to alpha2delta subunits, it decrease the excitability of neural cells and thus reduce their ability to fire back an action potential and send neurotransmitters so basically it reduce the activity of your neural system where alpha2delta subunits of calcium channel have an important impact. It has been theorised that it also increase the formation of GABA from Glutamic acid but haven't been proven.

It is really different from benzodiazepines and really unlike alot of drugs. Also the WD's are persistents and distasteful and appear quickly. That is why I use it only maximum once a week with a regular dosage. So that I don't get tolerant nor dependant.

To be more clear, Lyrica is not acting on GABA receptors in any way that was proven, a theory exist that it increase the amount of GABA in your brain by making the enzyme that produce it more effective but haven't been proven.

As for its effect, its basically to partially block your body to recieve feedback information from your spinal cord and has some less understood mechanism in the brain, but I suspect that it has some positive impact on dopamine release because it helps with my ADD and create some mood elevation in my case, but its only what I experiance and I use it less than once a week with a rather low dose..

Basically from what I understand its like the telephone game nongaba stuff gets a message and passes it on to gaba eventually with possibly a bunch of people in the middle before it gets there. Benzos attach direcrly like a key in a lock onto the benzodiazepine receptor directly influencing gaba .