• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nodding on pregabalin and diazepam - dangerous?

Not being able to breath properly. Breathing get slower and weaker suddenly and it's getting worse, so you have to stay awake and wait.

Most overdoses happen from falling asleep exactly as you described so no one is going to be able to tell you if you were safe.

Rapidly descending into unconsciousness is far removed from 'falling asleep'.

I really appreciate the responses to my questions. Thank you.

I'm still not 100% clear on the difference between falling asleep and ODing, although it sounds like @somnilicious is saying that people can fall asleep and then overdose while sleeping, while @F.U.B.A.R. is saying that ODing while conscious feels different to simply falling asleep. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not trying to be 'clever' or argumentative... I just really want to stay safe. I guess my strategy when using pregab or mixing it with something else should be just to stay awake until the high subsides.

And I won't be adding an opiate into the mix any time soon, given the experience @somnilicious describes.

I really appreciate the responses to my questions. Thank you.

I'm still not 100% clear on the difference between falling asleep and ODing, although it sounds like @somnilicious is saying that people can fall asleep and then overdose while sleeping, while @F.U.B.A.R. is saying that ODing while conscious feels different to simply falling asleep. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not trying to be 'clever' or argumentative... I just really want to stay safe. I guess my strategy when using pregab or mixing it with something else should be just to stay awake until the high subsides.

And I won't be adding an opiate into the mix any time soon, given the experience @somnilicious describes.

Awesome!! That's what we're here for. In my opinion anytime you fall into uncontrollable unconsciousness it is an overdose, so I would proceed with caution and rethink your dosing. If you are intent on combining the two then Perhaps consider lowering the pregabalin a bit. Though it wasn't a fatal overdose like what @Fubar said; there are other consequences of suddenly passing out.

In my opinion anytime you fall into uncontrollable unconsciousness it is an overdose.

That's the bit I don't understand, though. Say I go to a bar and get drunk, and I come home and sit on the couch, and within moments I've fallen asleep... Is that an overdose? I know this is a harm reduction forum and the idea is to keep people safe, but surely there's a difference between being drunk/high and falling asleep and ODing?

I am still on board with everything else you said.

That's the bit I don't understand, though. Say I go to a bar and get drunk, and I come home and sit on the couch, and within moments I've fallen asleep... Is that an overdose? I know this is a harm reduction forum and the idea is to keep people safe, but surely there's a difference between being drunk/high and falling asleep and ODing?

I am still on board with everything else you said.

Alcohol is harder to overdose on than combinations of opiates, pregabalin or benzos it is different level and more dangerous. These falling into uncontrollable unconsciousness episodes can become much worse and it is best to proceed with caution. Is really your desire to reach this level? If so you might want to ask your self why you feel like you need go to be on the edge of unconsciousness and seek out healthier avenues of relief. This is not a fun journey with a good outcome that you are starting.

Alcohol is harder to overdose on than combinations of opiates, pregabalin or benzos it is different level and more dangerous. These falling into uncontrollable unconsciousness episodes can become much worse and it is best to proceed with caution. Is really your desire to reach this level? If so you might want to ask your self why you feel like you need go to be on the edge of unconsciousness and seek out healthier avenues of relief. This is not a fun journey with a good outcome that you are starting.

OK, I hear you. Thanks.

OK, I hear you. Thanks.

And definitely avoid combining alcohol with any of the three, as it is extremely dangerous. Blackouts and overdoses will happen. You can do really dumb, dangerous and risky things you wouldn't ever normally do while blacked out on alcohol and benzos. It might end up in incarceration(see me).

Last edited:
And definitely avoid combining alcohol with any of the three, as it is extremely dangerous. Blackouts and overdoses will happen. You can do rally dumb, dangerous and risky things you wouldn't ever normally do while blacked out on alcohol and benzos. It might end up in incarceration(see me).

I don't drink at all, so that's easy. I was just using it to illustrate the "falling asleep" point. Thanks again.

These drugs all have extreme withdrawals when abused. I would forgoe any of the substances but that's just me. I have used phenibut and gabapentin for a few days every couple of weeks for a couple of years with no withdrawal but I also have taken long breaks. Pregablin looks to be a bit more addictive and prone to chasing the buzz with stupid high doses. Phenibut can also be dangerous so I keep my dosages low and only use for a few days.

These drugs all have extreme withdrawals when abused. I would forgoe any of the substances but that's just me. I have used phenibut and gabapentin for a few days every couple of weeks for a couple of years with no withdrawal but I also have taken long breaks. Pregablin looks to be a bit more addictive and prone to chasing the buzz with stupid high doses. Phenibut can also be dangerous so I keep my dosages low and only use for a few days.

I never use pregabalin two days in a row. Same with benzos. I am well aware of the WDs for both from reading Bluelight!

Yes I got radial nerve palsy from nodding out on my wrist, while under the influence of benzos and methadone. Luckily it went away after 2.5mths.

For context to my storry. Ten yrs ago I was on 180mgs of methadone a day and had a xanax script for 6mg. I would even buy extra bottles some days to take on top of the daily dose. I once took 580mgs of methadone and countless xanax bars.

The doses I took were much, much lower than that the other day but the combo was enough to push me over.

And there speaks the voice of experience.

Take heed and ignore at your peril...
Yeah, I also damaged my radial nerve being wasted on silly amounts of Benzos and Opiates back in 2010. I fell asleep for about 12 hours in a funny position in my computer chair. I remember I couldn't use my left hand for about 2 months; it was completely floppy. Took months and months to fully recover...

Trying to roll a joint with one hand was a nightmare! 🤣

I took to much lyrica when I first got on methadone desperate for a high. The drug is weird, i felt a controllable drunk feeling and as a recovering alcoholic (10 years) i loved it.
But that didn't last long. I started getting odd twitches and would take more like the genius i am until I had a manic episode.
Now i cant even take 25mg without feeling sketchy.
The valium is more dangerous for overdosing. Be careful with valium. I got addicted to them 15 years ago and 15 years later still prescribed clonazepam for anxiety that im pretty sure was caused by valium

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Let's say I added an opiate into the above mix... How could I tell the difference between nodding out (or falling asleep) and overdosing?
From personal experience of doing crazy doses of oxy with no tolerance and trying to kill myself with oxy and benzos.
The difference. The difference is you won't notice the difference. If you're in OD territory you won't be aware of it you'll be passing out constantly for seconds at a time, you'll slur your words struggling to speak, you'll be in a dream like state unaware of the world around you. I have a video of myself overdosing I keep it to remind myself not to do that to myself ever again, this was when I attempted suicide by taking clonazepam and a bunch of 20mg instant release oxy capsules, I was blue and was speaking in slow mo a word would take me 20 second to say. I spent 5 minutes just trying to sit up. That's the thing about overdosing with these kinds of drugs, you wont know its happening and there's nothing you can do about it

I'd guess nobody who posted here originally is going to be reading this anymore since it hadn't been posted in for a couple of years, but since it's been bumped and people always be searching, I'll just leave this here: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...and-nerve-pain-medicines-gabapentin-neurontin

So it seems gabapentin/lyrica have the potential to create some dangerous breathing situations when combined with legit CNS depressants like benzos and opiates. I've never personally run into any issues of that sort combining gabapentin with benzos (just normal, non-dangerous unintentional dozing off, as far as I know, what with drowsiness being a common side effect of all of these meds), but the fact that this warning exists at all says you should probably approach the combos with caution if you don't have lots of experience with them. I've never had a non-vomit time with opiates in my life, but the logic makes sense with them when you think about how many opiate users out there take gabapentin with them specifically to potentiate the opiate's effects. If you can potentiate a high, I don't see why you can't potentiate the risky, undesirable possibilities with the same method.

I found that gabapentin plus zopiclone in high doses equals fucking fubared sometimes. It doesent always work though. Those drugs work on basically the same receptors as lyrica and valium.