• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nodding on pregabalin and diazepam - dangerous?

luceluna

Bluelighter
I've posted several "newbie" questions on here in recent weeks and I want to say thanks to the forum regulars for putting up with me. I have another question which I hope isn't too dumb.

Yesterday I took 900mg Lyrica orally with a slight tolerance (I took 750mg five days prior). At about T +2hrs, when I felt the full strength of the Lyrica, I took 10mg diazepam orally with no tolerance. The two seemed to synergise pretty powerfully. I was sitting on the couch listening to music and was overcome by what I can only compare to intense sleepiness combined with a sense of wellbeing. I "fell asleep" (or lost consciousness?) for about 30 mins, then woke up and felt the high begin to subside.

As someone who has never "nodded" from opiates, I'm not sure if this experience compares. I'm also not sure whether I put myself in danger of an overdose. Can anyone explain to me 1) whether it's possible to OD on a gabapentinoid + a benzo, 2) whether my experience was dangerous or benign, 3) if it's even possible to OD when taking these substances orally.

Unfortunately, at the moment I'm not in a position to use drugs with other people present, so I can't rely on someone else coming to my aide if I get into trouble.

Pregabalin is hard to od I have taken over 3000 mg and it also knocks you out in high doses just falling in a deep sleep. You not meant to mix the two but 10 mg vali I don't think will hurt. For me, it doesn't compare to a heroin nod that better but I love a pregab buzz. I keep it to one day a week the wd from pregab for some is brutal I been through it many times it a mental hell. Don't take my word for it I, not a doctor just don't mix the two

Yea Pregabalin (Lyrica) doesn't seem to be a major instigator of respiratory depression. The best I can say is that Gabapnetinoids like Pregabalin are not nearly as dangerous as Benzodiazepins and/or Opioids.

The jury is still out on the absolute danger of these drugs, but the data we have seems to indicate relative safety. Of course, just being intoxicated can lead to problems in intself so be careful.

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Let's say I added an opiate into the above mix... How could I tell the difference between nodding out (or falling asleep) and overdosing?

Yea Pregabalin (Lyrica) doesn't seem to be a major instigator of respiratory depression. The best I can say is that Gabapnetinoids like Pregabalin are not nearly as dangerous as Benzodiazepins and/or Opioids.

The jury is still out on the absolute danger of these drugs, but the data we have seems to indicate relative safety. Of course, just being intoxicated can lead to problems in intself so be careful.

IME, i would disagree. I have taken depressants on numerous ocassions, mainly phenibut and benzos in very large dosages enough to easily knock other people out (me included), but i have never experienced any respiratory depression. I've tried pregabalin 2x - once at 350mg which was ok, next time 700mg which was way too much even with phenibut tolerance (1-2x a week 2gr or 3.5gr, up to 4.5gr) for half a year. I barely got any sleep and when i woke up my chest hurt immensly and breathing was shallow. Throught the day everytime i tried to laugh or take a deep breath my chest hurt. IIRC it still hurt even a day after.

I've never heard of this side-effect. It's definitely an interesting circumstance. This was a chronic side-effect?

What do you mean chronic? I've never taken pregabalin again after that 700mg dose (ran out of it). The pain lasted for about a day or two. I haven't taken any other drug for a week before doing pregabalin.

On occasions I have mixed tramadol, pregabalin and lorazepam and damn it's too fuckin intense. Never before have I felt so anxiety free. But, I was constantly nodding, not even two Redbulls countered the effect hahaha. I felt the effects of all the drugs were doubled: the euphoria of tramadol, anxiolysis and blackouts from benzos, and the lack of coordination and balance of pregabalin.
Try to take moderate doses, since without being dangerous the mix, can cause you a lot of embarrassment the next day lol.

I TAKE 3 MG KLONOPIN 1800 MG GABAPENTIN AND IM ON 100mg sublocade and im fine~!!!!!!!! o and 30mg remromn at night

This thread while interesting, also shows how much difference in tolerance we have; between yesterday and today I did around 1g~ of Pregabalin with 20mg~ of Diazepam, 300mg Venlafaxine non XR and 30mg of Zolpidem also non XR... and felt, and feel pretty good, but no tripping at any point TBH, so this shows how safe is this substance (it was my first time playing with GABAa receptors, with the Zolpidem).
I like it is both good to sit down and focus to do things, while at the same time lovely to lie on bed listening to music or reading a book.. I think it's a waste to sleep on it unless it's night time and specially Winter (it is Winter in the South Hemisphere!)

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

Let's say I added an opiate into the above mix... How could I tell the difference between nodding out (or falling asleep) and overdosing?
Not being able to breath properly. Breathing get slower and weaker suddenly and it's getting worse, so you have to stay awake and wait.

Not being able to breath properly. Breathing get slower and weaker suddenly and it's getting worse, so you have to stay awake and wait.

I wouldn't add anything to the mix. Your new an inexperienced with substances and you are already taking large doses of prefab, while mixing with benzos(albeit low). They will multiply the effect of each other. Most overdoses happen from falling asleep exactly as you described so no one is going to be able to tell you if you were safe.

In that case stay awake at all cost. You don't want to ever take chances with your life. Believe me.... No one ever plans on overdosing.

I am very experienced with opiates. I can take 70mg of methadone after not using for a month and I also take phenibut daily w/prior pregab experience and I was addicted to benzos for 10yrs. I started using benzos to help sleep again after an opiate binge and had binged 30 fake pressed xanax bars. I got desperate to get sleep so I took all 3 together in small doses and I woke up to my father standing over me after having narcaned me twice. I haven't overdosed in years or even come close. My father said I had only taken a couple of gasping breaths in the last minute. Believe me it's something you never want to experience and that's one of the better scenarios of an overdose. Being a partially brain dead(a friend) or worse dead(too many to count).

Last edited:
Just wanted to point out that 'nodding out' (i.e. falling unconscious) from any drug or combination of drugs has inherent dangers other than death by respiratory depression. People have nodded out and fallen into fires, banged their heads, lay in awkward positions and compressed nerves or cut off blood flow to limbs. Rapidly descending into unconsciousness is far removed from 'falling asleep'. Although we've all done it, only the lucky ones survive to spread the warning. Combining CNS depressants is never 'safe'...

On occasions I have mixed tramadol, pregabalin and lorazepam and damn it's too fuckin intense. Never before have I felt so anxiety free. But, I was constantly nodding, not even two Redbulls countered the effect hahaha. I felt the effects of all the drugs were doubled: the euphoria of tramadol, anxiolysis and blackouts from benzos, and the lack of coordination and balance of pregabalin.
Try to take moderate doses, since without being dangerous the mix, can cause you a lot of embarrassment the next day lol.
Did you try pregabalin and tramadol only ? I did 2100mg of preg and 500mg tramadol (not at the same time, i was doing just little bit every hour or two) and in the evening i felt like i did some mild MDMA + mild coke, but with no negative side effects.

Just wanted to point out that 'nodding out' (i.e. falling unconscious) from any drug or combination of drugs has inherent dangers other than death by respiratory depression. People have nodded out and fallen into fires, banged their heads, lay in awkward positions and compressed nerves or cut off blood flow to limbs. Rapidly descending into unconsciousness is far removed from 'falling asleep'. Although we've all done it, only the lucky ones survive to spread the warning. Combining CNS depressants is never 'safe'...

Yes I got radial nerve palsy from nodding out on my wrist, while under the influence of benzos and methadone. Luckily it went away after 2.5mths.

For context to my storry. Ten yrs ago I was on 180mgs of methadone a day and had a xanax script for 6mg. I would even buy extra bottles some days to take on top of the daily dose. I once took 580mgs of methadone and countless xanax bars.

The doses I took were much, much lower than that the other day but the combo was enough to push me over.

Last edited:
Yes I got radial nerve palsy from nodding out on my wrist, while under the influence of benzos and methadone. Luckily it went away after 2.5mths.

For context to my sorry. Ten yrs ago I was on 180mgs of methadone a day and had a xanax script for 6mg. I would even buy extra bottles some days to take on top of the daily dose. I once took 580mgs of methadone and countless xanax bars.

The doses I took were much, lower than that the other day but the combo was enough to push me over.

And there speaks the voice of experience.

Take heed and ignore at your peril...

And there speaks the voice of experience.

Take heed and ignore at your peril...

Yeah... I know your an old timer....lol. I hate to call myself such at 39 but I got 25yrs of opiates under my belt. I was daily dependent on xanax for 10yrs and I am very experienced with pregabalin and other gaba drugs. We cannot stress enough the dangers of mixing CNS depressants and "nodding" out or falling asleep.... Possibly forever.

Yeah... I know your an old timer....lol. I hate to call myself such at 39 but I got 25yrs of opiates under my belt. I was daily dependent on xanax for 10yrs and I am very experienced with pregabalin and other gaba drugs. We cannot stress enough the dangers of mixing CNS depressants and "nodding" out or falling asleep.... Possibly forever.

Just wanted to clarify that the 'take heed and ignore at your peril' wasn't directed at you. You know your shit and I know that. There are a fuckton of sedative type drugs that can alone, or in combination cause the experience you describe.

Just wanted to clarify that the 'take heed and ignore at your peril' wasn't directed at you. You know your shit and I know that. There are a fuckton of sedative type drugs that can alone, or in combination cause the experience you describe.

No absolutely. I didn't take that from what you said. That's why I wasn't being subjective with my advice what so ever. We cannot pretend to know someone's tolerance to a mixed set of drugs at any given time. Some people have natural low tolerance and tolerance can change given how long the breaks are in between. That's the reason the subjective anecdotal stories are so dangerous, especially when combining multiple CNS depressants. People even die from alcohol poisoning. All sedatives have dangerous overdose consequences.

Last edited:
Did you try pregabalin and tramadol only ? I did 2100mg of preg and 500mg tramadol (not at the same time, i was doing just little bit every hour or two) and in the evening i felt like i did some mild MDMA + mild coke, but with no negative side effects.

Yes. I have tried tramadol and pregabalin. In low doses and with low tolerance it feels very good and more stimulating. Tramadol and pregabalin in high doses I didn't like it at all, I don't recommend it.