• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Nodding off and breathing

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
When i use heroin I usually smoke it and the high usually subsides into a drowsy state where I nod off which I find relaxing but some times nod off and when I regain consciousness I notice I make a weird nchoking sort like I'm snoring sound and hardly breathing I normally just feel this is part of the high but am wondering if its dangerous or it means I've smoked too much if I keep passing out and waking up I always skat myself out and force myself to not nod off as I think I might not wake up haha

Last edited:
If you're nodding off to the point where your breathing is slowed down / you're making weird choking sounds you're probably teetering on the point of being too high...avoid mixing in any other downers. Stay safe!

If you're nodding off to the point where your breathing is slowed down / you're making weird choking sounds you're probably teetering on the point of being too high...avoid mixing in any other downers. Stay safe!
I tend to drink a lot which dosent help and ibedose a lot chasing that initial high how dangerous is nodding off tho I like mxing coke with it as well and that helps

Yea it's like I notice I've hardly been breathing much or when I nod off and come too i notice this sound like a snoring sounds like I'm not properly breathing is this a bad sign you reckon

Yeah, that's OD. That's why you should buy Naloxone ( narcan ) in case of emergency.

Higher, I find this troubling dude. None of us have seen this happening, but it really sounds like something potentially dangerous is going on here.

I dont know what it is. Perhaps you are experiencing a "Sleep Apnea" type of thing. Whatever it actually is, it's not good to cough/choke whenever you come to. To me, that indicates that your airway was somehow obstructed and you are too high and breathing too slow to realize. When you wake up and you resume normal breathing, you fix the issue by coughing or whatever.

Its complete opinion. I'm not a doctor. I think you're coming very close to an overdose through respiratory obstruction. I understand that you are fine when you wake and clear your throat. I fear that all it will take is some slightly stronger dope to leave you with a completely obstructed airway the way you are going.

Please consider Never Use Alone. I think you are at high risk of overdose and they could make the difference.

BizCard-768x461.jpg

It sounds like you took a big enough dose that your breathing reflexes were almost shut off. That's a very bad sign. What likely happened is you nodded off, your breathing slowed down to a near stop, but thankfully the increase in CO2 levels in your blood caused your gasping reflex to kick in (fun fact: the feeling of suffocation and urge to gasp are not caused by lack of oxygen, but instead by excess CO2 - so if you breathe pure nitrogen gas you won't feel anything wrong until you suddenly lose conciousness), and you wake up as a result. It's similar to sleep apnea as Kief Richards stated.

This is a sign you are on the very edge of an overdose. You should reduce your dose, but more importantly, you should seriously consider finding a "trip-sitter nod-sitter(?)" with a naloxone kit, who can supervise you while you use, and revive you with naloxone and mouth-to-mouth if needed. You can try to stay awake and fight the nod all you want, but the fact of the matter is an overdose of opioids will knock you out no matter how hard you try to resist.