Nocturnal Wonderland - SoCal - Labor Day Weekend

Like Spencer said it is too far and too expensive I think, I am sad I wanted to go. Stranger things have happened Spencer and I are known for taking spontaneous trips all over
smile.gif

Heh.. A 6 hour drive is far, yet I decided to fly 2500 miles to baltimore for starscape on 3 days notice. lol. Anyway, my concern wasnt so much the drive there, as the drive back. Hotels are gonna be mad expensive, and since no one spoke up on splitting a hotel room when I asked, I decided that it was just not worth it...
-Spencer

Shut your fucking mouth Spencer, ZeroHawk and I DROVE TO TEXAS!! Try that biach, you ain't hardcore, and that proves it. Anyone can fly, it takes balls to sit in a hot van for 24 hours straight! Six hours is a peace of cake.
Too bad your not going to NW, there will be more proof of my 'hardcoreness'.
------------------
I'm Hardcore, want proof?
See ya at Nocturnal.
"Raving is the wave of the future."
---Quiksilver (Rest in Peace)

Is there some roll call for this thing, or what? Because I'm not seeing many BL's saying they are going, now that the location has been announced.
~psychoblast~

OK everyone, HERE IS THE OFFICAL SAN DIEGO BLUELIGHT AFTER PARTY FOR NOCTURNAL WONDERLAND 2001!
-Starts: 1pm -330 pm Sunday (Depending on when we arrive to San Diego, we are leaving right when the party ends at 8 am)
-Ends: 10pm (m'k?)
-Who will be there?: Myself, ZeroHawk, kandy ass, Spritz n' Jeremy, LiLCaNdYCaNe, JDSD, Nat729, Tweedle Dumb n' Tweedle Dee (Yep, we're kid napping them from the party).
-Who's invited?: Any and ALL Bluelighters. I would personally like to invite Spencer, PixieGirl, Pixie Stix, richie rich, Moose onE, Crow, LapDawg, your bliss, Zjabo, and psychoblast. If I left you out, don't feel bad, I really want you to come to.
-How do i get there?: Email myself and/or Spritz your phone number and we'll call you soon as we arrive at the pad.
-Contact info: My email- [email protected], Spritz email- [email protected]
We'll have some good tunes thanks to myself of course
smile.gif
Prolly not gonna be that much food, but if you wanna bring some to share that would be great. Thanks and I hope to see everyone at the After Party.
smile.gif

------------------
See ya at Nocturnal.

9:00, 12:00, and 3:00 sound good.. can anyone verify if there is going to be a designated "Meet Up" area? If there is, I think it would be a good idea to meet there.
Depending on what time-slots certain DJ's are gonna be spinning, I'll try to make either the 12:00 or the 3:00 one... most likely the latter, though.
*Pixie*

After-party sounds so awesome but San Diego is quite a drive for me...I'm goin to talk to my friend who's goin with me see what they say....
Can we say *no sleep the entire weekend?* I can.....
See everyone up there. I'll be tryin to make all the meetups but that's goin to be a little hard to do for me, oh well.
[This message has been edited by tranceaddiKt (edited 28 August 2001).]

aight coo, i got my tickets finally.....and iam soooo excited to be going... yay.... well ill try to meet up at those spots just to see you guys, cause i think i am just going to be wondering by myself at this party(ive never done that, but i really want to for some odd reason, just to meet as many people as possible) damn cant wait.....and as far as the San Diego afterparty... i dont think i can make it since i live all the way up in Ventura county....
frown.gif

PixieGirl: Thats what I was thinking
How does everyone feel about making the front entrance as the meet up place?
------------------
See ya at Nocturnal.

It's safe to say that I'm kinda bummed I can't make this party. Last year was something to remember. I hope that everyone has a grand time and please don't sweat too hard on that fuct weather.
biggrin.gif

Be well,
ruffiano

I think the front entrance might be a little crowded not to mention there is going to be people all over that area. I think that the place labled meet-up area is perfect for us.
------------------
0_o_O_Cee_o_O_0
I AM KANDI KYD HEAR ME
*****ROWR*****
Nocturnal's comin' up, yeah baby!!!
*DANCES THE HAPPY DANCE*

Myself and 5 of my peeps are all going to this but we want to go together. This means that we'll either A. have to rent a car, or B. but a ticket for one of those shuttle services heading out there. On the Nocturnal website they mention Grooverides. Has any body heard of this service before and if so what do you think about it? I want to make sure there not shady or anything before I buy my ticket.
[This message has been edited by Wysiwyg (edited 29 August 2001).]

OFFICIAL MEET UP PLANS:
Nocturnal has promised to have a big meet up area behind the stages somewhere. That seems to be a good meet up place.
Unless some one has something different to offer, here are the OFFICIAL meet up plans (just because I say so).
Meet up at the Nocturnal Meet Up Area every three hours starting at 7pm (10pm and 1am and 4am and 7am) I chose these times to avoid a midnight meet up because I think the promoters may have cool stuff happening at midnight and I don't want to miss it. And also to have a meet up fairly close to the starting time which might help us lay out a "bluelight village" in a cool spot (I know once I set up my area, I'm not going to be eager to move it).
If the Nocturnal Meet Up Area is pretty big, meet on the side closest to the Stages. (If that doesn't make sense once we see the lay out, just wander around the meet up area and do your best).
The BL's who get there earliest will hopefully scope out a cool camping / hang out area in front of the stages and can send a representative to each of the meet ups to bring back any BL's who show up.
Any BL's who are camping on Friday night should try to stay at Havasu Landing and wander around saying hi to the people playing techno from their tents (there may be lots) and you will probably find fellow BL's to party with.
Personally, I think I'll get to the Havasu Landing campground around 6 or 7pm, at which time I plan to set up camp, then go swimming in the lake (hopefully there is a beach close by) because it'll be so damn hot. So if you go up on Friday night and no one is partying at the Havasu Landing campsite, look for the closest swimming area and we may be there.
OFFICIAL AFTERPARTY CRITIQUE:
I'm coming from Vegas, so I can't hit an afterparty in San Diego. But if anyone has got a hotel room around Havasu for Saturday and Sunday night, and is willing to loan it out to an after party, please post it. Or we can just try to make plans at the rave for a local after party.
~psychoblast~

Nocturnal has promised to have a big meetup area behind the stages somewhere
Gee...sounds awfully familiar. I remember something about being able to bring in tents and blankets too...
I wouldn't count on there being a "meetup spot." Not saying there won't be one, but last year they said the same thing...and wala! There was nothing...hence a failure for the "inside the party meetup" I tried planning last year. Your best bet would prolly be a pre-party meetup, but who knows? Maybe Insomniac will actually deliver for once...heh.
FUCK NOCTURNAL! Playing golf with the lovely Maui surf 'n sun all around is going to be a fitting substitute.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism." -Norman Vincent Cole
"The trouble with people is that they're only human." - Hobbes (Watterson)
Fear the TRIAD...
YELLOW RAGE! Viva La Resistance!~

WEll i suggest, since there are alot of skeptics about what is going ot happen, we plan to meet up at that big meet up spot noc promises us, but if that isnt there we could meet up at the moon bounce area< and if thats not there iono(so just having a back up would be nice)... this is just a suggestion... i think tha moon bounce castles is a good spot to meet since its more specific and i dont think it would be that croweded.... so yea jsut a couple things i think might help...I just hope this works cause i would like to meet some of you guys .... CYA THERE

Hey Hey everyone~ Sorry to say i have been away from posting on bluelight for quite some time now. But, i'm back now! I am definitly gonna be at this party. I can't wait! Hopefully i can meet up with some of you guys again like at EDC. Well, catch ya all laterz i've got some sleeping to do.
smile.gif

~Candy
------------------
If all of my friends were to jump off a bridge, i wouldn't go with them...I would be at the bottom to catch them!

does anybody have a hotel room? For da morning? If so we should ransack it and all the other rooms around it and have a sleep over in the nice AC. Just a Thought...
~Casey~

Personally, I think I'll get to the Havasu Landing campground around 6 or 7pm, at which time I plan to set up camp, then go swimming in the lake (hopefully there is a beach close by) because it'll be so damn hot. So if you go up on Friday night and no one is partying at the Havasu Landing campsite, look for the closest swimming area and we may be there.
Yes! There is gonna be water within walking distance. Just a little advice, water=bugs, make sure you don't mind smelling like "off" in the evenings. lol
Just my .02
------------------
Ruffiano-san
"The simple explanation always follows the complex solution"