• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids No synergizing effect mixing K-pins and M-done

seanimal

Bluelighter
Hello all! This morning I took a dose of 1.5 mg Klonopin at around 9 am. I then went to go get my Methadone dose (60mg today, was 50mg yesterday) at 11 am. I proceeded to take another .5mg of Klonopin right after i took my Methadone dose, so around 11:15 am.
I have a high opiate tolerance - I have been on methadone for about a week now, but was using IV heroin every day for 5 years before that. My benzo tolerance is non existent.
SO! Basically, at the moment (1:55 PM), all i feel is the Klonopin high. I feel energetic, silly, and very hungry, and this is exactly how i get when i take Klonopin. I have yet to "nod out" or anything that would prove the effects of the Methadone in my body. What is going on? All i feel is the Klonopin and not the Methadone?! It i very confusing! I was led to believe that when taken together,kpins and mdone were a wonderful, noddy, blissful high that compared to heroin! Wow, right?! Boy, was I wrong!:?
Or, maybe I'm doing something incorrectly? I'm really not too sure. Im not one to abuse my methadone dose or anything like that, its absolutely something i want to stay away from, but this is just a one time occasion.
I AM itching my face occasionally, and it is also difficult to concentrate on the words on the sreen on my laptop, but other than that…..it seems that the kpin is overpowering the methadone! Which makes me very unhappy because opiates are MY drug.:! nothing else compares in my opinion. screw benzos, i was just hoping that they would allow me to achieve a better opiate high. ah, well.:\

Let me know if any of y'all have any idea of whats goin on! Please!
thanks a lot blue light. =D

Love,

Seanimal

EDIT: I've found out why it was overpowering the mdone, I was taking too much klonopin, duh. Stick with .5mg (with no tolerance) sublingual and keep it (and the spit) under your tongue for as long as possible and I feel grrrreat!!
Success!

:) much love!

_seanimal

Last edited:
Took another .5 on 3:20pm. I suppose a feel a small bit loopy. No methadone high. Sad. If noone comments I will declare this a fail.

Some people claim benzos dull the opiate high, and only add sedation. But to me personally it's my favorite combo. You just have to have the right benzo and right opiate. Tho this is horrible harm reduction advice I'm sure you already know that, and since you're on the methadone program you're opiod choices are probably limited. Anyways, oral morphine and xanax was my favorite. 90mg of morphine with say 2mg of xanax works good for me. Hope you find what works for you, just be safe.

Methadone is shit for getting high especially if you have been on it awhile. Xanax would be a better combo but apparently xanax+methadone kills more people than any other combo!

I don't mix benzos & opiates anymore as from the 5 times I've od'd 4 have been xanax and heroin :/

Yeah I oded on xanax and heroin. It was the worst. 28 day hospital stay, although they did pump me full of morphine every 3 hours of every day! Lol. But this time its kpins and methadone, so I thought itd be a bit different. Xanax scares me because it hits so damn hard. I thought kpins and mdone would have a nice synergy to them, turns out the kpins overtake the mdone. Ill fiddle with (lower) the kpin dose and let you know what happens

You have overdosed on a benzo and opiate combo before OP? And spent 28 days in the hospital? Holy shit I have to ask why you would even attempt to do it recreationally again

Well it was iv heroin and xanax. I passed out with the needle still in my arm and threw up and choked on my vomit.
I had chunks of vomit in my lungs and it took forever to get back to normal. The thing was, I was eating xanax like candy that day. I ate like 8 xanax with no tolerance, I was just so fucked up and stupid.
Xanax makes me just want to eat more and more xanax. Then my friend came over with some new dope I had never tried and I ODed. Real bad.
I woke up with the EMT around me asking me what my name was, and they took me to the hospital via ambulance.
Methadone isn't something that's shoved into the brain all at once. I just take a few mg kpin and I'm feeling alright. Its nothing too special really.

Last edited:
Why are you bothering with methadone if you're still chasing the "noddy, blissful" high of heroin? Why not just stick with heroin if you're not ready to face life on life's terms? Going from heroin to methadone and turning to benzodiazepines to try and recreate your heroin high is entirely counter-productive. If I were you I'd stick with the heroin, you're clearly not ready to quit opiates dude lmao

Yes, while that is true, I'm just sick of waiting for the man and constantly being sick because heroin is so fucking expensive. With methadone I'm never sick. And its true I'm not ready to get off of opiates - that is why I'm on opiate replacement therapy.
Sometimes, not all the time, I just wanna catch a nod. Nothin wrong with that.

Im not one to abuse my methadone dose or anything like that, [...] but I [...] wanted to get high/

seems like you're being a little hypocritical here ;P

the cold hard fact of the matter is, methadone will never feel like heroin, and combining benzos with opioids won't really increase the "opioid type" effects they will just add their own seation to the mix.

I will warn you too, that people chasing highs on methadone, especially if they're fucking with benzos, are taking one of the biggest risks in drug usage ever. Methadone has far more fatalities from people abusing it than heroin does simply because it's so slow acting (can take 3 hours to peak) and comparatively non euphoric. Its also quite strong per milligram so people can build a righteous tolerance.

To be fair 60 milligrams of methadone is a crazy high amount too, 5 milligrams of methadone is enough to put a naive person on their ass... if you aint catching a nod at that level, with a little bit of benzos in there, then you won't ever be able to.

Point taken. Ill be more careful and I think ill quit taking benzos altogether.