Admin Attention No Signatures?

unpause

Greenlighter
I noticed that there are no signatures on here, is it something that can be added in the future by editing the source code?

I have personal experience with editing forum software to add new features, so I'm pretty sure it can be done.

I'm sure it's not a high priority but it would be nice to eventually see sigs here. Almost if not all of the 10+ forums I belong to have them. I really adore sigs. They go hand and hand with forums.

I'd be willing to advise the administration on how to make sigs, if needed. Always feel free to consult with me anytime. I used to be an administrator on shroomery.org forums for 5 years. So I a, a fellow admin. I worked on raw code there, adding new features.. worked public relations and answered support tickets. I also do tech/admin work for a couple other sites. just thought I'd post my credentials/

i think mods can have sigs

but i've come to appreciate having a cleaner more minimal look of no signatures on this site, it can be an eyesore on other sites.

Good point, I like to keeo my sigs simple and easy on the eyes, but some people put in HUGE images and flashing gifs, stobe gifs. extremely large text etc. So I agree, people do tend to go overboard and abuse their sigs. I've seen ones that take up half a page.

Here's some example of my sigs from various forums. I keep mine neat and simple.

257lxdy.jpg

2z9lcmg.jpg

...but some people put in HUGE images and flashing gifs, stobe gifs. extremely large text etc. So I agree, people do tend to go overboard and abuse their sigs. I've seen ones that take up half a page.
which is exactly why we do not allow signatures. staff may use a signature for bl-related business.

alasdair

Can I still use a sig? Not that I want to just out of interest