• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

No rush from IV'ing cocaine.

Dviate

Greenlighter
SWIM used to inject a lot of cocaine, so he's pretty skilled at it.
But this evening, SWIM got some really good cocaine.

SWIM startet the evening off my eating 40-50mg Methylphenidate. When the effect of the Methylphenidat stopped, he IV'ed about 0,15g cocaine.
BUT! There was no bell-ringer, no rush. Nothing but a calm mood. SWIM also got the nausea. Basically, SWIM got all effects from IV'ing the cocaine, but not rush at all.
SWIM looked at himself into the mirror, and yes, he did look like someone on cocaine.

I've shot two times now, with my special effekt. If SWIM snorts the cocaine, he gets really drugged, but not when IV'ing.
- And yes, I do know how to inject properly :) I did hit the vein, tastet it in my mouth etc.

What is the problem here? Did the Methylphenidate that i took earlier, destroy my coke?

first off we don't SWIM around here

second, if you preload with methylphenidate it will be equivalent to doign cocaine, it will induce tolerance and can be expected to reduce the effects of your cocaine

however it could also be your cocaine is not as good as you think, or it was stored incorrectly and got wet, or it's some other drug entirely.

Methylphenidate and cocaine work by virtually the same pharmacological mechanism. To induce a "rush", there has be be a rapid increase in the amount of cocaine that is bound to DAT in the brain. If you had taken methylphenidate orally earlier in the evening then the amount of residual DAT occupation may have been sufficient to block the rush to cocaine.

Yeah, leave off the methylphenidate next time and instead save it for a rainy day when you have no coke.

All the above responses are correct, but also I think swoop had a good point: the cocaine you have and injected may be low quality or cut with other topical anesthetics like benzocaine, lidocaine, etc. if you inject .15g of reasonable quality cocaine correctly, even with a preloaded system ( with the methylphenidate) you still should experience a rush of some kind. People who inject cocaine tend to do many separate shots in quick succession and they still have a rush of some sort, if not a bell ringer level rush, than at least a pleasurable moment after each shot. Tolerance will rise quickly in a continued session of most DRI drugs, but I think the problem is some sort of individual issue( some people say they don't get rushes from various different drugs that should give a rush) or the cocaine itself is too weak, too cut, or some other type of quality problem.

And finally, the injection may have missed partially or something similar, or maybe you have a very big tolerance? Honestly, you should try and get a different supplier and acetone wash your product and even if you only have "ok" coke, you should almost certainly experience a rush of some sort; depending on size of shot , quality, injection technique and your own personal body/brain chemistry.

Honestly from harm reduction standpoint, if you say snorting the same stuff gets you "drugged" and injection doesn't seem to do very much, maybe you could just stick to Insufflation of your stuff, and not risk more harm and further addiction by injecting a short acting euphoric stimulant like cocaine. ( which also tends to be impure as hell these days). People wreck their veins and bodies by compulsively doing shot after shot of cocaine , and if sniffing does the job, why risk it?