• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

No more euphoria from alcohol.

Sir_psycho

Bluelighter
Alcohol doesn't make me happy anymore... and my tolerance has suddenly increased. I use to get a nice "high" from one 1 glass of wine now I have to drink 500ml of 33% EtOH for a high that lasts about 10mins.

I have only been drinking one can of beer every night lately, So I shouldn't have much tolerance to alcohol. Can someone explain to me why I don't get euphoric anymore?

Also, I mostly experience the side effects at higher doses like lightheadedness and a little bit of trouble walking straight... however I can still think and talk clearly.

500 ml of 33% etoh is seriously dangerous. Its probably because at that dose your basically poisoning yourself. My guess is one glass made you high when you felt good prior. If your feeling meh and trying to drink to feeling great you prob will just feel more meh.

You drink 1 (one) beer every night but sometimes cut loose a little bit and pound a fifth?

Sorry, a little less than a fifth.

If you are actually comparing wine to diluted EtOH, I can tell you that I do feel that by comparison dilute EtOH or vodka which is effectively that, can be much less intoxicating and sometimes feel more pointless to drink.
I guess things like wine or beer (especially specialty beers) contain other things that contribute to the intoxication.

Drink enough vodka ull be on ur ass though bro lol. ur tolerance is to high, I was a vet back in the day putting down fifths in a night if I wanted to. Now I barely drink and get pure euphoria and silliness when I drink, im guessing because of the tolerance thing.

You definitely will be, but still by comparison I tend to notice any buzz on vodka or diluted etoh extremely late compared to a glass of wine or two. Not saying you don't get subtly but heavily shitfaced.

500 ml of 33% etoh is seriously dangerous. Its probably because at that dose your basically poisoning yourself. My guess is one glass made you high when you felt good prior. If your feeling meh and trying to drink to feeling great you prob will just feel more meh.

Yeah I should probably give up drinking for a while.

You drink 1 (one) beer every night but sometimes cut loose a little bit and pound a fifth?

Sorry, a little less than a fifth.

Beer no longer made me euphoric so I tried something stronger. I wasn't planning to drink that much but since I couldn't feel any euphoria I decided to drink some more hoping that something would happen.

Yeah and it tastes like shit.

You're probably right, I have a strong preference for Wine over a hard liquor because of it's "high"

The thing is that I don't want my tolerance to be high... because I have to waste more money o get the same buzz that I got from a single can of beer.

I think I'm gonna give drinking for a while... Don't want to become an alcoholic.

Yeah giving up for a while is the best thing you can do.
But generally if you want to increase the ephoria from alcohol with out... more alcohol you can prefer sweet drings or mix your drink with refreshment that contains sugar. Also an energy drink would help. Just be ware that the energy drink could give you an urge to drink way more than you would.
Morever, tell me something. When you got "high" with a single glass of wine, did you smoke? If you didn't and you do now, that would be an explanation. Smoking seems to decrease the whole "hapiness" from boose.
All this is just personal expirience, nothing scientific.

But still, taking a break is the best thing you can do. You can't get the "first" hit if you drink daily, all you can do is develop one of the worst drug addictions possible.

You have more than a tolerence if u only feel a little buzz from 500 ml of 33% etoh thats over 30 shots. I think you just dont re spond to alcohol. Some rats in the lab get strong buzz from booze others dont and even choose soda over booze. Blame your parents.

^It's actually closer to 10 standard drinks, not 30, considering 1.5oz 80proof/40%ABV is equal to ~45ml. 500ml/45ml. That's eleven point something standard drinks, not adjusting for the 33% vs. 40% ABV difference. It's still a very unhealthy practice, consuming 10 some-odd drinks in a sitting, but of course, consuming 30 some-odd drinks in a sitting is worse.

OP, you should really consider switching drugs of choice. I know sometimes Alcohol is sometimes all that's around and available, but you will live a lot longer with a steady Opioid habit than an addiction to Alcohol.

Yeah giving up for a while is the best thing you can do.
But generally if you want to increase the ephoria from alcohol with out... more alcohol you can prefer sweet drings or mix your drink with refreshment that contains sugar. Also an energy drink would help. Just be ware that the energy drink could give you an urge to drink way more than you would.
Morever, tell me something. When you got "high" with a single glass of wine, did you smoke? If you didn't and you do now, that would be an explanation. Smoking seems to decrease the whole "hapiness" from boose.
All this is just personal expirience, nothing scientific.

But still, taking a break is the best thing you can do. You can't get the "first" hit if you drink daily, all you can do is develop one of the worst drug addictions possible.

No, I don't smoke. I use to do acid and coke, but it's been over a year since I touched any of these. I don't think they have anything to do with my tolerance.

Yeah I know. Why do you consider it as the worst addiction possible?

^It's actually closer to 10 standard drinks, not 30, considering 1.5oz 80proof/40%ABV is equal to ~45ml. 500ml/45ml. That's eleven point something standard drinks, not adjusting for the 33% vs. 40% ABV difference. It's still a very unhealthy practice, consuming 10 some-odd drinks in a sitting, but of course, consuming 30 some-odd drinks in a sitting is worse.

OP, you should really consider switching drugs of choice. I know sometimes Alcohol is sometimes all that's around and available, but you will live a lot longer with a steady Opioid habit than an addiction to Alcohol.

I don't mind dying quickly, actually I would love for that to happen.

Opioids are probably going to get me thrown in jail, which is why I'm sticking to the legal option. Don't you happen to know any legal euphoriants??

^Literally every time I have been to jail, there have been plenty of variables at play, but Alcohol was always the deciding factor, as in, if I hadn't been drinking, I wouldn't have ended up in jail. I'm not saying this would be the case for everyone, but I've been using Heroin for years and it's never gotten me into the amount of trouble that Alcohol has.

No, I don't smoke. I use to do acid and coke, but it's been over a year since I touched any of these. I don't think they have anything to do with my tolerance.

Yeah I know. Why do you consider it as the worst addiction possible?
Because it's strong, hard as fuck to quit and toxic.
Don't get me wrong. I do love alcohol but the addiction to it ain't funny.

^Literally every time I have been to jail, there have been plenty of variables at play, but Alcohol was always the deciding factor, as in, if I hadn't been drinking, I wouldn't have ended up in jail. I'm not saying this would be the case for everyone, but I've been using Heroin for years and it's never gotten me into the amount of trouble that Alcohol has.

word.

Alcohol makes me feel like I am out of control which is why I dont like it. I could deff see how one could end up in jail from it