• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

no luck with opiods ???

JustBlaze420

Bluelighter
this might be a blessing in disguise, but every time i have attempted to try opiods i have felt absolutely nothing, no "high" per say..

for instance last saturday i took 10 mg of percocets , and then an hour later i took 15 mg more, and all it did was make me tired and slightly itchy.

earlier this evening i took 25 mg of percocet all at once, suspecting that might hit me more, and once again it just made me tired, in fact i felt totally neutral for the rest of the night, it had no positive ramification or negative, i was just chilling... (granted i wasn't in a bad mood at any point of the evening but i was expecting pure unadulterated euphoria)

now i am someone with 0 opiod tolerance, but is it possible that it might be cross interfering with all of the speed & mdma i used to do ?? thats why im not getting high from it or feeling any euphoria ?? because my body has used up all of the responses that it gave me when i use to abuse uppers ?? granted i haven't touched them in years...

i also tried an oxy a couple of years ago and it didn't do anything to me either.... is it possible that some people are more sensitive to some drugs (in my case uppers) but completely numb to others ???

alternatively i do feel xanax, although it is very subtle it helps me with my depression and anxiety, but i only use that once in awhile .

also very sensitive to coffee in fact if i take it passed noon, i will surely have trouble falling asleep.

Last edited:
I have never developed a taste for opioids for the same reason - lack of high and thus lack of the reason to take them but really shitty come downs from strong doses taken for few days in a row that make you feel like a total waste. Recreationally of all the opioids only use Kratom occasionally now.

I believe that everybody has different sensitivity to different drugs due to slight differences in DNA expression and enzymes workings.

The most effective (and euphoric) drugs for me I find are psychedelics. Stimulants and MDMA-like drugs also feel good to me but I must be careful not to get hooked on them as they are addictive.

To summarize, if you dont even feel a pull, don't try to push it further - the body is telling you it doesnt want opioids, just use them for some pain applications.

It sounds like you are simply "immune" to the effects of certain Opioids. This is a rarity in human physiology of course, but there are some people for whom absolutely no exogenous (outside of the body) Opioids produce effects. It's unlikely that you are in this camp, but it does sound like, for some reason you are not going to experience positive effects from this drug.

I am also fairly immune to the effects of Oxycodone. I say fairly, because I've taken 300mg orally with no tolerance and this gave me a similar intoxication as if I had injected ~8mg Hydromorphone. Basically, what I've found is that Morphine and Morphine-derivatives like the previously stated Hydromorphone effect me in a more pedestrian manner. I would still say that I have a high tolerance to Opioids in general though.

I wouldn't try anymore Oxycodone because it's probably not going to work for you.

Agreed with everything previously stated.

And most importantly, consider yourself lucky.