• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

No high?

Mcracken420

Bluelighter
So I've only really smoked weed maybe a dozen times, partly because it never really interested me and because I can't get high. I've smoked bud, vaped THC, and smoked wax. I've done it with other people who said it was good, but I could never get high. However, I have greened out twice before, so obviously I've experimented with doses. Why is this?

Yeah I've done that also with various doses, but felt nothing
I think were gonna need a few more details like what country do you live in what kind of bud are you getting and how sure are you the people you smoke with are experienced and know what good bud is. No ones trying to insinuate anything but as said above, is there any chance you have done any other substances in your time, this can have an affect, but there are so many variables here to knock out to try figure out the answer to that question; however if you are willing to really experiment I could suggest since its only cannabis although don't go in with such a mind set, If you wanted to dose a mega edible and eat 2-3 of them and then smoke you should certainly feel something. Now unless your product is truly low quality or you do other drugs or are withdrawing I couldn't and don't think anyone would be able to answer this question for you without at least a little more info.

Hope that was of some help.

I think were gonna need a few more details like what country do you live in what kind of bud are you getting and how sure are you the people you smoke with are experienced and know what good bud is. No ones trying to insinuate anything but as said above, is there any chance you have done any other substances in your time, this can have an affect, but there are so many variables here to knock out to try figure out the answer to that question; however if you are willing to really experiment I could suggest since its only cannabis although don't go in with such a mind set, If you wanted to dose a mega edible and eat 2-3 of them and then smoke you should certainly feel something. Now unless your product is truly low quality or you do other drugs or are withdrawing I couldn't and don't think anyone would be able to answer this question for you without at least a little more info.

Hope that was of some help.
So I live in California and have gotten weed from several sources, including dispensaries. The friends I've done it with range from occasional smokers to full blown stoners, so I trust what they say. I used to do mushrooms a lot, and have recently been doing MDMA a bit, but usually with small doses and in moderation. I don't take any medication so I doubt anything is really affecting my brain that way. Maybe I am just not doing enough, and then unknowingly taking way too much when I have tried higher doses which caused me to green out, but I thought my doses were measured out right. Anyway, thanks for the input.

people have all sorts of medical conditions... maybe your thc receptors or whatever they are called are just not the same as everyone else. i've really never heard of this. i know some people just don't get high on salvia and some people have out of this world trips... everyones brain is different. i'm guessing you couldn't trick yourself into not being able to get high with your mind.... seems like it's got to be some sort of brain chemistry thing.. maybe as weed becomes more legal some day some one will want to run experiments on your brain or something.. i always want to get into an experiment to test my brain while i'm sleeping because supposedly some people don't dream when they are stoned. i dream a lot, more than when i was a kid. so i figure maybe some day some one will be interested in testing me to see how i compare to different people. i'd need to smoke for the experiment, so i'd definitely be for it... maybe they will develop some meds or something to get your thc receptors going so weed will work. seems like it's probably pretty easy science. it's just will people actually care to test this stuff someday. i'd think people would be bored enough to.

Have you done any other forms of cannabinoids in the past, than weed? No synthetics?

people have all sorts of medical conditions... maybe your thc receptors or whatever they are called are just not the same as everyone else
certain populations, like african populations, average as having less cb-receptors which are then already so close to being saturated by more potent neurotransmitters like anandamide, that THC offers less benefit

So I live in California and have gotten weed from several sources, including dispensaries. The friends I've done it with range from occasional smokers to full blown stoners, so I trust what they say. I used to do mushrooms a lot, and have recently been doing MDMA a bit, but usually with small doses and in moderation. I don't take any medication so I doubt anything is really affecting my brain that way. Maybe I am just not doing enough, and then unknowingly taking way too much when I have tried higher doses which caused me to green out, but I thought my doses were measured out right. Anyway, thanks for the input.

It is very possible you have an issue with the cannabinoids in the cannabis and your receptors. Now the cannabinoid system is affected by opioids slightly and drugs such as MDMA have a role as do most mood altering drugs of those sorts since the endocannabinoid system is extensively connected. All I could personally suggest is trying to make sure your doing it right smoking it right holding it in getting decent stuff even if this means literally testing your weed for thc.

As said above Synthetics are a real possibility and its still debated but if you have interacted with a synthetic in the past the idea is it could have affected/damaged your system, other possibilities I could think of would include:
Clinical endocannabinoid deficiency, otherwise known as CECD, describes a physiological state where the body produces low levels of endocannabinoids. These molecules serve as chemical messengers and help many other bodily systems function, from the digestive system to the nervous system. Each individual has their own “endocannabinoid tone”, or the amount of endocannabinoids that their body produces.

Cannabinoids such as THC share a trait with endocannabinoids, allowing them to bind to the same receptors. THC may only return a person's endocannabinoid tone to a baseline level if they experience endocannabinoid deficiency, meaning it might take a lot more cannabis for these individuals to start feeling the psychotropic effects. This is just conjecture, though.

Furthermore you not ever having been a smoker and not describing negative symptoms or affects from this makes me think receptor downregulation is not at play here.
"CB1 receptor downregulation produces a condition called endocannabinoid dysregulation. With a single use of cannabis, endocannabinoid dysregulation negatively impacts the performance of highly complex tasks for at least 24 hours."

Sorry if I couldn't be of more help, if I couldn't feel my weed fuck id be mad.

Also you live in America and moreover Cali, despite the fire and endless good shit i'm certain y'all have, for each clean batch of any said drug out there, there's 1000 fold fake labelled as, so I don't know how your supply line has been before trying despensary cannabis and so fourth, lastly try make sure your weeds super high thc not cbd of course, and in my personal opinion a 20 - high 20% strain works nicely 30 and above seem to have just THC and although it has an affect on me and others it seems to be consensus that its missing something as in trading cannabinoids and other active ingredients for more THC which only goes so far imo. Again this all comes down to personal opinion and affect on the individual. I can only suggest trying to test and source each batch and each drug as often as you can in Cali you truely can never trust your dealer or the street. As for dispensary weed not affecting you if none of the above in this or the prior message have any play on the situation am at a loss for the moment.

No, never
Damn sorry brother If its none of the above I'm quite lost as to what exactly it could be, I hope someone else can provide an answer or explanation. Or that some kush starts working for you haha.

Damn sorry brother If its none of the above I'm quite lost as to what exactly it could be, I hope someone else can provide an answer or explanation. Or that some kush starts working for you haha.
Thanks for your help I'll definitely try again in the future. I have read about high metabolism being a factor so who knows? Maybe I just need more. Again, I appreciate it man.

Try low DOSES OF EDIBLES. DO NOT DRIVE. Smoke or vape other strains correctly-hold the smoke in some, then exhale.

Maybe you have a very large tolerance like if you vape/smoke wax, or smoke too much and feel sick? Wait two or three weeks or at least 7 days and smoke again.

Are you on certain meds? A friend who has PTSD, and is bipolar said he stopped smoking/eating/vaping marijuana as the meds made it so he cannot get high from it or anything else.

Or perhaps pot is not for you? I have friends who have smoked weed once or multiple times, and they got high but found it boring, prefer alcohol or other drugs, etc.

Sorry about the caps my tablet's keyboard got messed up.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help I'll definitely try again in the future. I have read about high metabolism being a factor so who knows? Maybe I just need more. Again, I appreciate it man.
Yeah the odd thing is iv known people from all walks of life and ages, people who smoke crack and haven't even had a drink of alcohol an so fourth all get an affect from and desire weed even if the crack takes that away at some point. Unless you have other medication like previously mentioned by Priest, however that also doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a lot of those medication can induce a far more intense high such a Seroquel and so fourth, as for a drug blocking or inhibiting medications it is possible. If I could give you advice get some of the medical level export coming out of B,C Canada, I get a fair lot of that the last 5 years here in Aus and I'm yet to find an individual who can't tell a difference and feel something, even some of the most heavy stoners too.

As for the suggestion from Priest to take a low dosage of edibles I don't know how that would help achieve produce a high if your already having issues achieving it, but no matter your experience with any substances do take the warnings and not drive and so fourth! It didnt happen to me but my brothers first THC high if i recall was essentially psychedelic. Walking down the hall to the toilet and not moving in space kinda shit, makes me jealous haha! Acid cant even throw me there most trips.

Good luck bro!

Try low DOSES OF EDIBLES. DO NOT DRIVE. Smoke or vape other strains correctly-hold the smoke in some, then exhale.

Maybe you have a very large tolerance like if you vape/smoke wax, or smoke too much and feel sick? Wait two or three weeks or at least 7 days and smoke again.

Are you on certain meds? A friend who has PTSD, and is bipolar said he stopped smoking/eating/vaping marijuana as the meds made it so he cannot get high from it or anything else.

Or perhaps pot is not for you? I have friends who have smoked weed once or multiple times, and they got high but found it boring, prefer alcohol or other drugs, etc.

Sorry about the caps my tablet's keyboard got messed up.
I'm not taking any medication or any drugs that interfere with weed, and definitely don't have a tolerance. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I will definitely remember what you said about proper inhalation, but I think I've always done it right in the past. I will definitely try again in the future, thanks for your help.

I'm not taking any medication or any drugs that interfere with weed, and definitely don't have a tolerance. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I will definitely remember what you said about proper inhalation, but I think I've always done it right in the past. I will definitely try again in the future, thanks for your help.
yeah don't smoke marijuana or hash the way people smoke cigarettes or cigars. Deep inhalations and hold the smoke or vapor in for 5-10 seconds.

I never did ghosting or ghost hits where people smoke huge hits of hot weed smoke and let it all absorb and exhale nothing. I am into cardiovascular exercise for health and sort of a hobby, so I figured the less I smoke/vape the better. So I would get the best quality Sativa marijuana or hashish-I loved Sativas as they are a lot more psychedelic and more energetic/less couch lock than Indicas but I would smoke whatever was available- so I wouldn't have to smoke a lot of it-I would keep my tolerance low. Nowadays it is very easy to get almost any type/strain of pot or hashish.

Last edited:
apparently vapor is quite effective in transmission, 3 seconds was observed to be enough in some study, but research methods probably affect the value, however it allows much faster absorbing than smoke.
I exhale vapor out slowly so it moves in tissues
BUt I doubt all the alkaloids absorb in same manner as THC, I don't know if participants were asked subjective experience or did they just measure few blood values.