View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

No effects from morning glory seeds what should i do different

MidnightHunt

Greenlighter
I recently purchased some morning glory seeds online. There were 162 seeds. I chewed them up about 40 at a time and let the chewed up seeds sit under my tongue for 5 minutes each time. After that I went for a walk for an hour to pass the time waiting for the effects to kick in as I read this is the typical amount of time it takes for effects to kick in. Then i watched TV and after about an hour my legs felt a little weird and relaxed I was hoping it was finally kicking in but this passed within a half and hour and a half hour later i decided this wasn't going to work and went to sleep. The entire time I experienced no nausea, closed eye visuals, or any other effects. I'm pretty sure the seeds were heavenly blue based on the photo of them though I've contacted the person i bought them from to make sure they should get back to me soon. Assuming these were heavenly blue what should I do to get the effects. I am thinking about upping the dosage i'm thinking 400 Would this be enough? I weigh about 200 pounds if that helps. Thanks.

I've never really got the full psychedelic experience from morning glory, least not as expected. The first few times I tried I just ate the seeds and had little or no effect. The only time it ever got me close to Trippin was when I had ground ~300 of them as finely as possible and followed the erowid instructions with petroleum ether and everclear. Even then though it was nothing like I expected and I felt that I had to focus on lines or designs almost like the effort made them move, whereas lsd it's impossible to avoid.

if you are getting from online or a local nursery make sure they are pesticide free. It'll usually say on the package. To be extra cautious I always washes them prior anyways. Keep me updated and good luck having fun (hopefully) Trippin

On a quick note though, I seemingly have a natural high tolerance to psychedelics. My first time on shrooms I ate 5g and colors just seemed more vivid whereas my friends ate an eighth, were bugging saying the walls were melting and watching The Wall was Trippin them out to the point they shit the tv off haha. Always start small better safe than sorry, and for stuff like that it's generally not only safer, but more enjoyable when not alone.

Morning Glory seeds aren't for everyone. I had around 400 of them once and fell asleep not too long afterwards. I awoke feeling refreshed after only a few hours sleep with a feeling similar to the afterglow I get the day after taking LSD. I went to a music festival and upon walking in, before having consumed any MDMA yet, the music was already sounding pretty amazing. I have read reports of similar experiences, people not really tripping in a hallucinogenic sense, but getting some kind of uplifting psychedelic effect. Seems to be quite a mild experience.

Morning glory seeds are very sedating but it's strange that you didn't get any nausea or stomach upsets. Usually I'm running to the toilet for an urgent one 30 minutes after ingestion and a couple more visits later on. I find the mental effects of morning glories and Hawaiian baby woodrose (a better option imo) creep up quite slowly and build more past the fourth hour. The visuals tend to be more in the mind's eye rather than warping carpets and patterned imagery you get with LSD although with a larger doses that can occur too, a lot depends on the individual. I find with LSA that I see some amazing colours and sparkles and get a sense of expansion but it can feel a bit messy like there are cobwebs in your face in the early stages of the trip. It gets nicer after the fourth hour.

Last edited:
Thanks. Next time I'm gonna take 400 seeds the same way not eat the day of and stay up longer to give the seeds plenty of time to kick in. Hopefully that will do the trick.

The person I bought the seeds from got back to me and said they didn't know what type of morning glory seeds they were. He described them as a really dark blue that is so dark they are almost purple. I know heavenly blues are supposed to be sky blue but i'm not sure if there are darker ones here's a photo of the flower https://assets.listia.com/photos/56...s=320x320m&sig=5b804bbed1cbe68d&ts=1468686534 Do you think these are psychoactive?

Want to know something crazy? I ordered 10,000 morning glory seed off Amazon to use and trip. Me and another human being both ate 1k. Wasn't worth it, now when ever i see seeds anywhere i think of morning glory and gag out.

Didn't get visuals or anything. My eyes got huge and it was over.

Want to know something crazy? I ordered 10,000 morning glory seed off Amazon to use and trip. Me and another human being both ate 1k. Wasn't worth it, now when ever i see seeds anywhere i think of morning glory and gag out.

Damn that is crazy, sorry it was such a bad experience for you.

I am pretty much the same as you mate , except in my case it was HBWR seeds - there was a huge patch of it nearby , and some people were getting into it occasionally .... but it was never really popular for long .
I just used to get really bad nausea the few times I tried it . Thankfully , after a prolonged drought [ mid 90s ] genuine cid became available again . Also cacti and shrooms were around so we lost interest in the seeds pretty quickly . I just remember the sweating and vomiting more so than any psychedelia ....