• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

No charges for 3 Denver cops despite gruesome beating (with pics)

Bluelight Crew
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...cers-wont-be-charged-in-motorist-beating-case

The traffic stop involved marijuana.

DENVER - A 23-year-old man who was beaten by three Denver police officers after he questioned their authority to search the trunk of his car says the Justice Department has decided not to charge any of the officers with civil-rights violations stemming from the case.

Alexander Landau tells The Denver Post that representatives of the department and the FBI told him Friday there was insufficient evidence to bring federal charges.

Landau sued the city in 2011, saying Cpl. Randy Murr and officers Ricky Nixon and Tiffany Middleton tried to cover up the January 2009 beating. The lawsuit also accused the officers of calling Landau, who is African-American, a racial epithet during a traffic stop.

Police said Landau reached for Middleton's gun during the stop.

The federal lawsuit ended in 2011 with a $795,000 settlement.

pics:

NSFW:
Alexander%20Landau%20police%20beating%201.JPG
Alexander%20Landau%20police%20beating%202.JPG

At least he got the $800k out of them. Regardless, these officers should actually learn how to uphold the law. I highly doubt Landau reached for anyone's gun. Humans are pretty pathetic when they are given such absolute authority over others.

Sometimes an independent prosecutor should be appointed. Too much cronyism between prosecutors and cops. Even if the prosecutors are feds.

What's Kenneth Starr up to these days?

thats horrible. no dash cams on the cop cars? thats fucked up, but hey ill take an ass whooping like that for 800 grand anyday as long it didnt leave permanent scars all over my face and i didnt end up horrible chonic pain form any bones injuries and shit.

It's not weird that so many are skeptical to police... It's also sad to see how horrible people can be when they have authority.

haaa officer ricky

man that guy is beat down pretty fucking bad...yea its a decent settlement but i would have traded the cash to see all three of those pigs end up in jail. there is no need for that level of violence when there are 3 officers and one suspect. looks like they had nothing better to do and beat the shit out of that guy.

haaa officer ricky

man that guy is beat down pretty fucking bad...yea its a decent settlement but i would have traded the cash to see all three of those pigs end up in jail. there is no need for that level of violence when there are 3 officers and one suspect. looks like they had nothing better to do and beat the shit out of that guy.

I agree completely man.

The sad thing is, if you've gone through something like that, it's not worth the money. No amount of money is worth being broken as a human being like that. It doesn't even come close to making anything right or fair or OK about the situation.

Sheesh, that's disgusting. I don't get how police officers get away with these kind of things...

Sheesh, that's disgusting. I don't get how police officers get away with these kind of things...

Violent crimes in America go severely under-punished.

There's a growing trend for prisons to become privatized, the government pays a company to jail people, and that company spends more money to tend to violent inmates.

So the private prisons have a vested interest in getting lots of non-violent people in jail, and the war on drugs facilitates just that.

This is why most drug arrests last year were for small amounts of cannabis only.

It's also sad to think that there's a greater drive to put non-violent people behind bars than the people who REALLY honestly deserve to be there, but that's how it is.