• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

No benzo anxiety help

opinaivekush

Greenlighter
Is there anything that would be good for aiding social anxiety well besides the benzos? I have heard kava root is good but it is very similar to benzos and can have rebound effects. Anxiety is one really big bitch that I just can't seem to get off my back. When I panick the heart palpitations start. Are benzos really unavoidable in these types of situations? I just wanna feel normal ughhhh.

Are you looking for prescription remedies? Gabapentin and pregabalin work well. I can personally vouch for tiagabine. (Gabitril) it's a GABA reuptake inhibitor and increases natural agonism at GABA a receptors (benzos modulate the receptors). Baclofen works really well. In fact it's the only drug that has ever completely helped with my agoraphobia and social anxiety (I take 20mg four times a day).

II also find IMMENSE reliefs in dextroamphetamine for social anxiety (I take vyvanse). At the right dose I find stimulants to be very anxiolytic. Also buspar if taken right ( 15 - 20mg four times a day) will help but it takes a month to work and it does produce noticeable serotonergic effects and it's D2 antagonism mainluly affects autoreceptors so it increases dopamine release and weakly stimulates alpha 1 adrenergic receptors giving it a mild stimulating feel. But most DRs don't know how to prescribe it so most people think it's garbage.

Kava isn't really going to help you on the level of theses drugs. Its been proven to not even work on GABA receptors.

Thegirlwithbluehair definitely nailed this one. Pregabalin is my choice for an anti anxiety med, but i want to add phenibut to this list, as its OTC and works very well (although it is heavily addictive)

Thegirlwithbluehair definitely nailed this one. Pregabalin is my choice for an anti anxiety med, but i want to add phenibut to this list, as its OTC and works very well (although it is heavily addictive)

Yeah I forgot phenibut. I didn't mention it because baclofen works the same way and is more controlled dosage wise. But phenibut is easier to get and baclofen isn't as addictive (since it doesn't have the weak GABA A agonism that phenibut has) but it still carries the physical dependency and awful withdrawal risk

A good ol antihistamine works for anxiety as well..for example Benadryl or promethazine can get obtained with no script outside the us there is also vistaril which is my go to if I don't wanna take a benzo
All safe with little to no side effects and very low chance of mishaps unlike benzos