• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

NMDA antagonists for tolerance, a collection of the evidence and anecdotal reports

What substances have you found dxm ineffective for? So also does shit for GBL in your experience?

I think the hard pain would be better and taper in a week, then after a week the adaptation period should be over, otherwise youll keep come chronic cognitive impairement altough maybe unnotacible.

I jumped from 40 to 80 in one day once with 20 grams of piracetam to buffer out any dissociation (apperantly piracetam also nearly completely antagonizes ket dissociation and stuff, so without piracetam didnt do that stunt haha).

Did dxm work for tramadol tolerance?

Ive theorised wellbutrin can help tolerance issues, however it doesnt affect GHB in my experience, butthen again that one may need memantine.

I finally did MDMA for the first time since my Delsym experiment the other day. Overall, I found that there was definitely an increase in the "magic" of the MDMA and that it had more substance compared to any rolls in recent memory. Unfortunately, the MDMA I was taking wasn't the greatest quality so the roll wasn't mind blowing by any standards but it was better than the last three I've had on the same stuff. I of course didn't know there was something wrong with the MDMA until my friend who's only done MDMA once in his life also thought it was lacking in addition to a couple of experienced users thinking the same. I thought it was just my tolerance. :eek: Increased talkativeness and musical appreciation were noted along with an intensification of visuals such as words appearing in gravel and faces morphing. My initial results seem promising but obviously more trails will have to be done before any conclusions can be made. Stay tuned next month.
Interesting we need some more mdma experience, and ppl here posting that everyone here complaining about tolerance needs some fucking cough syrop.

What is interesting is that with stims GBL is still as euphoric, maybe doses higher never pay attention to that, just keep dosing till im good, but on its own its just a mild mood boost, and more sedation and then knock out range.

My next test is phenibut with memantine, would be interesting if it blocks tolerance to this stuff wich has insane tolerance issues on its own.

I'm expecting it to block tolerance and also actually did see a positive anecdotal report but it was really vague, just something like "it prevents tolerance to everything i take, so i can keep taking phenibut without problems", or something like that.

I'm on it! (kinda)..

Carrying on from my other thread.. i had 300mg last night before bed, 300mg this morning at about 7am and another 300mg at about 10am.. that makes 900mg which i'm gonna try and keep it at for the day (normally this would be kinda uncomfortable).. just took ~50mg DXM about an hour ago.. let's see if i can come off phenibut within 4 days ;)

I'm kinda hoping your experience is based around GHB receptors rather than GABAb (for selfish reasons ;))

What is interesting is that with stims GBL is still as euphoric, maybe doses higher never pay attention to that, just keep dosing till im good, but on its own its just a mild mood boost, and more sedation and then knock out range.

I most agree with you! (don't sure if my sentence is correct grammatically... anyway) Take GBL and stimulants greatly increase the "body high euphoria". I'm fucking in love with this effect. You can use far more GBL without pass out.
When i take GBL alone now, it come without any euphoria at all, but mix GBL with stims make the euphoria come back (a little if you have huge tolerance!) (just coffee can enhance GBL a bit).

For tramadol+DXM: I was particularly vigilant because of the risk of serotonin syndrome. Never took more than 90mg of DXM in 8 hour during this combo. I think that under this dosage, the risks are greatly reduce. I can say that it increase opiate effect, but in the third time had some headache and stopped all experiments fear of bad interaction. Don't advise this mix at all!

Phenibut: Bought some a few months ago. Didn't feel anything under 4,5g. Suspected a cross tolerance with GBL. I'm interested to let an other chance if memantine can decrease tolerance. Ohoh and i tried rectal administration, toooo acid, hurt bad!

DXM is useless for GBL tolerance, but 60mg when you feel anhedonic put you in a greater mood (according to me and my girlfriend).

I think the hard pain would be better and taper in a week, then after a week the adaptation period should be over, otherwise youll keep come chronic cognitive impairment although maybe unnoticeable.

I jumped from 40 to 80 in one day once with 20 grams of piracetam to buffer out any dissociation (apparently piracetam also nearly completely antagonizes ket dissociation and stuff, so without piracetam didn't do that stunt haha).

So do a thing like that?
- 1 day 5mg
- 2 day 10mg
- 3 day 15mg
-.4 day 20mg
- 5 day 30mg
- 6 day and other 40mg

Don't want to turn into a fucking "will-o'-the-wisp"during my exams like the last time with miss' saly ^^ I've pirarectam too.

Last edited:
@thikal

I'm a bit more risky when it comes thx for posting your results mate. I ghink il just keep cyprophetradine nearby, wich usually do intill i results and the forget to sthei finest and stuff.

So do a thing like that?
- 1 day 5mg
- 2 day 10mg
- 3 day 15mg
-.4 day 20mg
- 5 day 30mg
- 6 day and other 40mg

Don't want to turn into a fuNo really exactly like that, some weekks i wasnt around joor juumrto: for ro to the other haha.cking "will-o'-the-wisp"during my exams like the last time with miss' saly ^^ I've pirarectam too.$ (i ment poor a adcha,ce where i still had roghings like other christs.)
$

Hahahaa this is awesoeme
I advice a apartement realsoon if you get one for a good price haha, poor on mijlij maar datwas mij omgeving altijd am geweest, anders was het niet chronisch, ben er 99% zeker geweest.

Last edited:
I'm fucking in love with this effect. You can use far more GBL without pass out.
Yeah man, just dose up enoughand you dont od theng fo inthe far.. Offcourse there's a limit, haha.

The next few months we sould knox for englisch.

The drugs tonight will good.

Last edited:
The dxm I use seems to work really well with hydrocodone. I only have to increase the dose very rarely to maintain euphoric effects. When I take oxycodone or oxymorphone, my tolerance still seems to go up pretty fast though. From my experience it's still slowing down the buildup over not taking dxm but not enough. Does hydrocodone build tolerance more slowly or is it all in my head?

Yeah man, just dose up enoughand you don't od theng fo inthe far.. Off course there's a limit, haha. The next few months we sould knox for englisch.

Od when the stim goes down you mean? Stop taking or slow down G before the end of your stims stocks!

KnoX for English? Didn't understand all sorry^^ You use words that aren't in the dictionary mate! Think to these poor no-anglophone =D

Last edited:
I had a psychotic episode last weekend, i apoligize for any of my last posts that are complete jibberish.

So MeDieViL, what is the best short acting NMDA antagonist unlike memantine against tolerance?
I had good experience with memantine with want to try something else for testing.

I had a psychotic episode last weekend, i apologize for any of my last posts that are complete gibberish.

I don't care man, you are so interesting all the time, just take care of your health please. I mixed 60mg of DXM and 4 or 5 piece of space cake a week ago, oh fuck not a bad trip but there was some fucking synergy. Too much hallucinations in the dark, i had to put a night light on my bedroom, my girlfriend was laughing at me to death hehe. I don't like at all to mix THC and DXM usually, it wasn't an exception...

Will start memantine on a few days i hope. But fight against tolerance can push psychologic dependence to the roof in an other hand isn't it? are NDMA antagonists fight against craving too? Hehe i'm full of questions, i apology ;)

You said on an other board that memantine has an effect on tolerance to drugs that have an effect on GABA, nicotinic receptors, dopamine... Do memantine act on GHB receptors too? Full GHB effects all the time, i can't imagine that without something wrong... Can't believe it, too beautiful^^ Anyway, will have memantine in a few hours!

Last edited:
Strange, my memantine's tablets name is "admenta" instead of Axura and Akatinol by Merz, Namenda by Forest, Ebixa and Abixa by Lundbeck and Memox by Unipharm. Can it be a fake imitation?

Started my experiment today at 10mg/day.

EDIT: It is the third time I read all this thread and... It makes me damn wet like a little pussy all times hehe! This thread have major CNS stimulation in me, and a bit manic too I confess... :D

EDIT2: And did some crazy folk tried memantine and salvia? Already tried salvia (extremely low doses, like a little puff) and DXM (second level) and it was pretty intense compared to the low quantity I took!

After some serious problems with Oxy and Bupe, im free from opiates. it was kinda simple in the end. from 300-800mg oxy most days, then 10mg bupe day 1 with 500mg Dxm (it was a bad day) and 2mg xanax. Next day 2mg bupe plus 1000mg dxm. days 3,4,5 with 2mg Bupe 1500mg of DXM and 2mg Xanax. Day 6, 7 1000mg dxm and no bupe, xanax to taste with only 10 left. finished the rest of the DXM off (started with 25 500mg capsules) and the xanax over 7 days and then nothing. 1st night no sleep and desperate for something, but defenitely no sickness, no throwing up. Writing and drawing (things i dont normally do) helped thru the bad parts.

]
does anyone else have good experience in this way? I found theres no withdrawal (for me at least) no matter how high you go, just boredom when the closed eye visuals stop
Hahaha entertaining!

Two beers and i'm reallly happy, memantine work well!

Last edited:
Keep the updates coming guys:)

On another board someone mentione that memantine appeared to work against phenibut tolerance. lol salvia, makes we wonder what other crazy substances we may be able to stop tolerance too haha.

After having been off dxm for 6weeks, I can't shake the feeling that tolerance is developing much faster now. Mind you I was anticipating this, so my judgement might be clouded (it always is clouded anyway due to the psychotropic substances in my bloodstream lol).
I used to have 100ml of liquor and would be drunk, within 2 weeks after quitting the DXM (~30-90mg ~eod) I found myself killing 280ml of pure ethanol (in the form of gin/bourbon/rum) per day without getting drunk. Never had been abusing booze like that before. Also the pot tolerance seems to have increased slightly while my amp tolerance seems to be constant at a relatively low level: 150mg ~20% oral amphetamine phosphate salt (+maybe some other salt) in the a.m. Opioids started to have less of an effect without dxm as well, though this might be due to more frequent use as of late.

Just thought I'd share my feeling with you guys, take it all with a grain of salt though. It's just something to consider, something to observe if you're taking nmda-antagonists for tolerance control. I'd be surprised if some sort of rebound effect like up regulation of AMPA/NMDA receptors wasn't developing with frequent NMDA antagonist use.

Assuming about 40-60 mg a day, memantine is quite expensive. I can't report any side effects on memantine (except when titrating) up to 40 mg (and maybe even 60). Over-the-counter DXM is even more expensive. Magnesium is cheap but nobody report positive results.

I need about 20 mg of dexedrine a day to be fully functionnal but need to take a lot of breaks of it so I'm not really functionnal. I don't know if it's the tolerance or if I'm just getting more tired (and usually end up sleeping almost all day multiple time per weeks).

I tried 120 mg of DXM today along my 150 mg of Lyrica. I didn't feel anything for hours until I decided to take 5 mg of dexedrine. I got the "feel good" effect of dexedrine but without anxiety. 5 mg is usually not enough there is a synergy going on, I guess.

I see that some website sell bulk DXM. Anyone ordered DXM on the Internet?

How much of an issue tolerance to DXM is?

I've made an interesting discovery by combining high doses of L-Theanine (itself an NMDA antag) 300-600mg at a time with the usual dose of DXM (the equivalent of 60mg at a time, half HBr and half Polystirex) and lots of magnesium citrate (600mg-1g). The Theanine massively potentiates the DXM to the point where on the first night I tried the combo with my usual dose of Marinol (45mg), I found myself borderline 'tripping' from a mere 60mg DXM!

This combo seems to work far better than any of them alone, though the magnesium may or may not be a necessary element.

Aside from excessive salivation (hardly a big deal), this combo has produced no negative side effects of any kind and seems to be working better than my previous efforts using these three NMDA antagonists separately or in combination but with lower doses of Theanine, which seems to be the key here. Once I started reading, I discovered that there are many reports here on BL of Theanine hugely potentiating other things, notably DXM.

Last edited:
Pharmacies over here sell dxm at 3€ for 20x30mg which isn't really all that much. Go see if you can order it from a German online pharmacy. Hope this doesn't count as source discussion since it's legal otc medication (which I feel is gonna change very soon).

edit: one of my all time favourite threads! :D