• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

NMDA Antagonist cross tolerate DAT?

bjznoviskey

Bluelighter
So, a question I've been muddling in my head for a few weeks.

Does long term NMDA antagonist abuse/high NMDA tolerance cause cross tolerance to drugs which act more on dopamine?

The reasoning behind this question is fairly simple. I've been using NMDA antagonists about two-four times a week, say fourish years now. When I say NMDA antagonist I mostly mean MXE(rip), 3-MeO-PCP, 2-OXO-PCE, 3-MeO-PCE, and a bit of Ketamine, mainly the middle three as of late. And I've seen that those drugs do have binding affinity for DAT and never really thought much of it, in terms of tolerances.

But the more I think about the more it makes sense. I used to get big kicks off of Ethylphenidate, aPVP/aPHP, Meth etc. This was a while ago though, haven't done any recently, except some meth about year ago, and some EPH a couple months ago. And it was no where near what I remember, no rush at all(for the EPH, meth was dandy), and I thought it may have been nostalgia but I think now, it's tolerance. Last time I had done any really dopamine heavy drugs was before/at the beginning of my extended foray into dissociatives. Now, those chems seem to lack most euphoria and just give me side effects. I don't hate it, it's not like there's any reason to do them besides hedonism.

Though, the enjoyment I get from more rolly shit has not been affected, say 4-FA, 4-EMC, 5-MAPB, 4-MMC(though maybe a little on this one). And for reference, I don't do any stimulants more than once every four weeks, usually closer eight weeks separation.

Anyway, there's my question with a single example, what do you think?

I would say no, from personal experience, in my days of heavy ketamine abuse (>200mg nasal doses, ouch my poor schnoz) 10mg of amphetamine or methylphenidate would blast me off bigtime. When I wasn't K-holing, that is.

Isn't 3-meo-pcp dopaminergic? It isnt a pure NMDA antagonist so it would make sense could cause cross tolerancel to the dopaminergic effects of other drugs?

That's what I was thinking. Ketamine, as Sekio said, I don't think it was cause it as much. 3-MeO-PCP/2-OXO-PCE on the other hand, are ones I do much more of, and are, subjectively, more dopaminergic than K(likely qualitatively as well)

And not to come off dick-measure-y, but my tolerance puts my normal dose of 2-OXO-PCE somewhere around 55-70mg insufflated, I haven't even bothered with K in a while as it's so fiscally useless. So this would likely come into play more with me than oth

Yea, I suppose I should've been a bit clearer in the OP in saying, NMDA anatagonist with a dopaminergic component