• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nitrous oxide (n2o)

diary

Greenlighter
I cant remeber if ive asked this the other day, so i cant find the thread so i apologise if youve seen it before..

Here in the UK you can get low grade whippets but the medical grade is rare and sooooo much better, ive been searching vendors all over tor and cant seem to get my foot in the door.

Can you chaps and chapetts let me know if im barking up the wrong tree and chasing something thats impossible?

If you're looking for medical grade (or at least better quality) you're only choice is to really either steal a medical nitrous canister (I do not reccomend) or buy off the onions.

However, in my past town there was a place that sold gasses, and you could get really clean (I think it was for food, but I think they also sold medical nitrous). It was kinda a secret though and had to have a reference.

I have no idea where you live, but maybe try to find a place that sells industrial gasses?

Also, you could just buy regular nitrous from a headshop and get a nitrous filter if you're worried about the "mystery oil" that appears within the whippet canister and in your lungs most likely. This would be the easiest way to get safer/healthier nitrous for cheap.

Yeah you'll have to filter it. You can also make nitrous oxide crudely by simply heating ammonium nitrate but this is perhaps the worst idea I've ever proposed here. Despite being catastrophically explosive when heated in unique circumstances (tons are required to detonate in the absence of a primary explosive) whatever you get is going to unclean and hard to capture. I have tried it with very limited success. It is easy to through a pound of nitrous oxide (around 50 nitrous oxide cartridges).

Also worth mentioning nitrous is pretty toxic and also a very potent greenhouse gas. Nonetheless ive enjoyed it very much. Weird thing is, though i think its from other things (specifically, vaping cathinones) even filtered nitrous fucks with my lungs.

You are probably better off without it.

Back when I lived in Colorado, I loved nitrous. My dentist was the only place I used it, but I went to the dentist a lot really more for that than the teeth. I could get him to put it up all the way. Now that stuff I would buy---better than oxy except now of course

I'm sure there is--I didn't make a lot of friends, I don't drink and if you're in the UK, you know there's a pub on every corner--we had 5 just down the street--every corner pretty much. \it's hard to meet people when you're not at work and everyone drinks.

Back when I lived in Colorado, I loved nitrous. My dentist was the only place I used it, but I went to the dentist a lot really more for that than the teeth. I could get him to put it up all the way. Now that stuff I would buy---better than oxy except now of course

Yes, nitrous oxide can be one of the most physically euphoric substance. A peak nitrous oxide high reaches a euphoric state that is truly ecstatic, arguably more so than heroin. But at the same time weird and sometimes creepy since at very high doses (high blood concentrations, ie repeated and consistent inhalation) it takes on this weird sinister element. That is of course comes from its dissociative property. Which is what can make nitrous uncomfortable but is also what unquestionably adds to the sum euphoria. Nitrous oxide is a bizarre and relatively unique combination of opioid, GABAergic (benzodiazepine binding site oddly enough -- that's why I started using it, i figured out it stops benzo withdrawal symptoms, though only momentarily) and dissociative anesthetic.

It's funny I remember reading some dentist's manual regarding how to administer nitrous oxide to patients, and it noted that it is important to first tell patients they are receiving nitrous oxide, otherwise it may actually increase their pain . The weirdness of being dissociated without first being told, "so I'm going to give a gas to help you relax..." can make the pain worse. However the NMDA antagonist effects is what makes it interesting, but the opioid/GABAergic properties is what made it attractive to me.

It is quite toxic though, that couldn't have been good for me (I used it for about a year and a half to cope with unspeakably severe benzo withdrawal, which it only probably prolonged)

Yes, nitrous oxide can be one of the most physically euphoric substance. A peak nitrous oxide high reaches a euphoric state that is truly ecstatic, arguably more so than heroin. But at the same time weird and sometimes creepy since at very high doses (high blood concentrations, ie repeated and consistent inhalation) it takes on this weird sinister element. That is of course comes from its dissociative property. Which is what can make nitrous uncomfortable but is also what unquestionably adds to the sum euphoria. Nitrous oxide is a bizarre and relatively unique combination of opioid, GABAergic (benzodiazepine binding site oddly enough -- that's why I started using it, i figured out it stops benzo withdrawal symptoms, though only momentarily) and dissociative anesthetic.

It's funny I remember reading some dentist's manual regarding how to administer nitrous oxide to patients, and it noted that it is important to first tell patients they are receiving nitrous oxide, otherwise it may actually increase their pain . The weirdness of being dissociated without first being told, "so I'm going to give a gas to help you relax..." can make the pain worse. However the NMDA antagonist effects is what makes it interesting, but the opioid/GABAergic properties is what made it attractive to me.

It is quite toxic though, that couldn't have been good for me (I used it for about a year and a half to cope with unspeakably severe benzo withdrawal, which it only probably prolonged)
What opioid/GABA properties does it have?

My most recent experiences (a bit ago now) led to dissociative ego death that made me say “Fuck it, life matters more.” I tossed the rest of it.

What opioid/GABA properties does it have?

My most recent experiences (a bit ago now) led to dissociative ego death that made me say “Fuck it, life matters more.” I tossed the rest of it.
Partial opioid agonism and activity at the BZD site of the GABAA complex:

You can make a fairly decent filter with a 0.3 micron filter element and some oil absorber. I would not use them without it. That seems to clean the chargers up quite nicely. I have 2 different styles but they work the same. I used to be able to get 20# cylinders of medical grade but that supply line dried up. Now I am just using whipits. You can buy a case of 600 8.3g carts (almost 5 kilos) a whole lot cheaper than the equivalent amount of gas in those mini tanks. (0.59 kilo)

Buy bulk and make sure to get methylcobalamin sublingual drops. I seriously altered my life forever and am still living with 8 years of slow growing but incremental abuse after close to a year and a half clean. Try different brands and see which one has the least residue. If you have friends in bass maybe you could find a legal tank fill, not sure how UK laws compare to my US state laws though. Be safe, always supplement and keep an eye on yourself please! Have fun and make sure to clean after sesh, its cathardic.

I am using the 5000mcg sub lingual tablets.
The price break on the carts seems to be at 600, 1200 and 1800.
I am not sure we could be trusted with 1800 here. We might just do them all up ;)

It's funny I remember reading some dentist's manual regarding how to administer nitrous oxide to patients, and it noted that it is important to first tell patients they are receiving nitrous oxide, otherwise it may actually increase their pain . The weirdness of being dissociated without first being told, "so I'm going to give a gas to help you relax..." can make the pain worse.
Ah, the power of the mind. That’s funny lol.

I remember in Amsterdam trying em for the first time. I had no idea how much they cost and I almost bought some for around $1 ea lol. Luckily I didn’t and went somewhere else.

Sad they banned em

Yeah, the NL have a lot of regulation shit going around lately, didn't know about N2O but they banned 3-MMC among a bunch of other drugs and wanted to push a UK like blanket ban before Covid-19 hit and vendors wrote it will happen this year. Signed the online petition, and hope besides knowing better, I've hoped in past for Switzerland and Germany, both which now have complete resp. partial and powerful blanket bans. Sick that they ban N2O which afaik even in world ban leader Germany is still available openly.

How many cans of N2O do you need to inhale until distinct dissociative effects manifest? In past I've ordered some cans and a 'kapsler' (a little tool to open the cans and put the contents into a balloon) but got no effects at all besides some tingling from one can, didn't want to deplete my oxygen and thought it might have been bad luck with the capsules - or does one need to inhale more?

Yeah, the NL have a lot of regulation shit going around lately, didn't know about N2O but they banned 3-MMC among a bunch of other drugs and wanted to push a UK like blanket ban before Covid-19 hit and vendors wrote it will happen this year. Signed the online petition, and hope besides knowing better, I've hoped in past for Switzerland and Germany, both which now have complete resp. partial and powerful blanket bans. Sick that they ban N2O which afaik even in world ban leader Germany is still available openly.

How many cans of N2O do you need to inhale until distinct dissociative effects manifest? In past I've ordered some cans and a 'kapsler' (a little tool to open the cans and put the contents into a balloon) but got no effects at all besides some tingling from one can, didn't want to deplete my oxygen and thought it might have been bad luck with the capsules - or does one need to inhale more?
With the little nitrous bottles and a cracker n balloon I would typically put 3 bottles in a balloon and get a pretty good buzz for a minute or 2