View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous oxide help

ch777

Greenlighter
I got a whip creamer and 50 cartridge did all in 2 hour felt like super mario when he catches the star. I order 120 cartridge and waited a week and the day it came i did them all in a hour balloon after balloon. I didnt even notice i was using that much. Am sad cause i was gonna save for dxm trip combination. Now am waiting for 200 cartridge i order and hopfully i dont consume them all in a day again. and Am going discipline myself to do 10 or 5 a day only cause i wanna make the trip last. Whats your best method to enjoy nitrous?
Do people pass out on food grade nitrous?
How do you inhale to passout?

Inhaling to pass out is NOT a good idea....

Be careful with abusing it man, it's fucken expensive.

Yeah i will try to use less and the passing out idea i wanted to try out but it not worth it . ill just enjoy it in moderation.

I got a whip creamer and 50 cartridge did all in 2 hour felt like super mario when he catches the star. I order 120 cartridge and waited a week and the day it came i did them all in a hour balloon after balloon. I didnt even notice i was using that much. Am sad cause i was gonna save for dxm trip combination. Now am waiting for 200 cartridge i order and hopfully i dont consume them all in a day again. and Am going discipline myself to do 10 or 5 a day only cause i wanna make the trip last. Whats your best method to enjoy nitrous?
Do people pass out on food grade nitrous?
How do you inhale to passout?

You waste a lot of nitrous using them at such high speed. Lets calculate. 1 cartridge contains 8 gr of nitrous, what is about 4 l of it. The human is breathing at about ratio of 6-7 l/min, what means it is about 400 l/hour. You used 480 liters of nitrous in hour only, thinking you had not passed, you must have used at least 3-4 times air volume to maintain appropriate O2 concentration. This means you were breathing at about 2000 l/hour rate, what is hyperventilation in normal condition. Next time try to titrate the dosage by gradually increasing the concentration of N2O, take a large baloon, empty 5 or more cartridges at once in it at begin to increase the concentration very slowly. Dont forget, in pharmacology typically there are no straight dose-effects curves, so you can find a point where a steady small increase of concentration will cause tremendous increase in effects. Also, very good idea would be to premix nitrous with 20-30% oxygen and breath only this mixture, with no breathing of ambient air. You can get oxygen by mixing NaOCl with H2O2, if you cant get O2 baloons. Large about 30 liters balloon breathing with ambient air can last for me for about 15-30 minutes, on your amounts I would be high all the day :)
Read a little bit of breathing physiology and pharmacology basics to understand the mechanisms and not to waste so much of gas.

If you use too much nitrous in a short span you are depriving your brain of oxygen and it can be very dangerous. Some people just can't resist doing one after another after another after another. If you notice that you can't control yourself you better stay away from the stuff or just buy a small quantity of cartridges.

Inhaling so much pure nitrous can indeed promote hypoxia (oxygen starvation - look out for blueing lips etc Ive seen it happen), but also B12 depletion and ultimately neuropathic issues or anemia (while usually reversible).
This is *not* just the same as holding your breath harmlessly, your body can get tricked in "thinking" it has enough oxygen when it actually hasn't and this can be bad.

Furthermore, the inhalation of any gas that is capable of displacing oxygen in the lungs (especially gasses heavier than oxygen) carries the risk of hypoxia as a result of the very mechanism by which breathing is triggered. Since reflexive breathing is prompted by elevated carbon dioxide levels (rather than diminished blood oxygen levels), breathing a concentrated, relatively inert gas (such as computer-duster tetrafluoroethane or nitrous oxide) that removes carbon dioxide from the blood without replacing it with oxygen will produce no outward signs of suffocation even when the brain is experiencing hypoxia. Once full symptoms of hypoxia appear, it may be too late to breathe without assistance, especially if the gas is heavy enough to lodge in the lungs for extended periods. Even completely inert gases, such as argon, can have this effect if oxygen is largely excluded.

Also passing out with something like a gas rebreathing mask can be dangerous if not using medical oxygenated nitrous. I have no idea if sudden sniffing death syndrome is possible with nitrous, I don't think that it sensitizes to adrenaline..

@Renald: I would be apprehensive about using hypochlorite to generate oxygen for rebreathing ^!! But @ch777: focus a lot more on getting enough oxygen when halfway into inhaling a balloon and in between balloons and take it easy, man. You seem to be underestimate this, thinking you can just keep going without having to 'pay'. Nitrous is relatively safe if used properly and not in blatant excess... so keep it responsible. The more balloons you use in a sitting, the better your oxygen/breathing management should be.

Inhaling so much pure nitrous can indeed promote hypoxia (oxygen starvation - look out for blueing lips etc Ive seen it happen), but also B12 depletion and ultimately neuropathic issues or anemia (while usually reversible).
This is *not* just the same as holding your breath harmlessly, your body can get tricked in "thinking" it has enough oxygen when it actually hasn't and this can be bad.

Also passing out with something like a gas rebreathing mask can be dangerous if not using medical oxygenated nitrous. I have no idea if sudden sniffing death syndrome is possible with nitrous, I don't think that it sensitizes to adrenaline..

@Renald: I would be apprehensive about using hypochlorite to generate oxygen for rebreathing ^!! But @ch777: focus a lot more on getting enough oxygen when halfway into inhaling a balloon and in between balloons and take it easy, man. You seem to be underestimate this, thinking you can just keep going without having to 'pay'. Nitrous is relatively safe if used properly and not in blatant excess... so keep it responsible. The more balloons you use in a sitting, the better your oxygen/breathing management should be.

Solipsis, NaOCl+H2O2 = H2O+O2+NaCl, we routinely use this reaction in dentistry by alternating sodium hypochlorite solution with hydrogen peroxide to disinfect the canal. Surely, the amounts are small, but happening inside a mouth of a patient. This is a safe way to produce oxygen, although may be quite expensive, depending on the price of reagents.

Hypochlorite is just in bleach, not an expensive reagent, we all know how bleach reeks... Generating O2 that way for inhalation though seems less than ideal given the chlorine-y 'aroma' coming along with it. Indeed you would be mixing and reacting quite a bit more than neutralizing two disinfectants where the volumes of inhaled fumes should be modest.
Surely there are better ways to generate oxygen from peroxide that doesn't involve noxious gases, like.. yeast?

Yes, you can use peroxide and yeast, surely, only this way is slow. Also, you can use electrolysis. To avoid the smell of chlorine you only need to use the excess of peroxide. I tried it several times outside of my dental office in moderate amounts at about hundred of ml (you need to calculate the precise amount of solutions), the resulting gas had no detectable chlorine when I inhaled it (chlorine is very easy to detect smelling it even in trace amounts), and all what left was salty water.