• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Nitrous Oxide -- Beverage Form?

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
Can nitrous oxide be used to charge water in the same way that carbon dioxide is used to make carbonated water? If so, does it provide the drinker with a steady low dose of the gas for a while and so on?

While it's soluble in water I don't think gases in the digestive system really make it to the bloodstream very effectively so you might have to burp and inhale (which might require some technique). Plus, nitrous oxide would have a pretty similar density to carbon dioxide, meaning you could only get a few grams into a drink (one nitrous oxide cartridge contains about 8 grams of the gas).

I wish however, since nitrous oxide is by leaps and bounds my favorite dissociative (mostly likely due to its opioidergic and gabaergic properties).

It's already infused in whipped cream and you don't feel it, so I very much doubt it.

I figured that whipped cream to this day is primarily animated with nitrous oxide, particularly as Austria is a major exporter of whippets and I have seen the big tanks at the factory, but when I called the customer service number of a US manufacturer of whipped cream in a can once a couple of years ago, for some reason, the agent swore up and down that neon is the gas in whipped cream. That would be interesting -- it sounds like there are people who get loaded on xenon . . . I also don't know how practical it would be to use neon even if it were identical in its effect on the cream -- even compressed argon is fairly steep on the open market and it is 0.93 per cent of the atmosphere at mean sea level, much more common than carbon dioxide. Well, at least for now.

Last edited:
I figured that whipped cream to this day is primarily animated with nitrous oxide, particularly as Austria is a major exporter of whippets and I have seen the big tanks at the factory, but when I called the customer service number of a US manufacturer of whipped cream in a can once a couple of years ago, for some reason, the agent swore up and down that neon is the gas in whipped cream. That would be interesting -- it sounds like there are people who get loaded on xenon . . . I also don't know how practical it would be to use neon even if it were identical in its effect on the cream -- even compressed argon is fairly steep on the open market and it is 0.93 per cent of the atmosphere at mean sea level, much more common than carbon dioxide. Well, at least for now.

Ive always imagined that in some alternate reality I am some guy who in the dark of the early morning goes around the neighborhoods harvesting headlights to support my xenon habit