• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Nitrous oxide and benzos

DonLearnsWhy

Bluelighter
Has anyone going through benzo withdrawal taken NOS (Nitrous Oxide)?

THC and Benzo withdrawal is know to increase the chance of phycosis.

I am wondering is Nos and benzo withdrawal had a similar effect, or if taking NOS would increase the length of Benzo withdrawal.

Thank you.

If u go tru a "psychosis" let me know here on this forum or make a thread, i will show u how to reverse it 🙂

Nitrous oxide acts on GABA-A and potentially even directly on benzodiazepine binding sites from what I recall.

This means that yes, nitrous oxide has the potential to prolong benzo withdrawal as it may slow the upregulation of GABA-A (ie, the return to homeostasis).

That said it is pretty short acting, but prolonged and frequent use might slow down the healing process. I have used it during benzo withdrawal and it provides very substantial relief from benzo withdrawal anxiety. At the same time it does exacerbate the psychosis of benzo withdrawal due to its NMDA blockade, but due to its GABAergic and opioidergic effects, it is a very comfortable psychosis.

Overall though it's use isn't advisable. You'll feel better instantly but inevitably it will wear off, and you'll still be in benzo withdrawal yet even more dissociated due to the residual effects of the nitrous oxide.

Personally I have found that nitrous oxide is the only dissociative that really helps benzo withdrawal, but this is almost certainly due its strong GABAergic properties. Other dissociatives make benzo withdrawal more uncomfortable in my experience, as they increase dissociation (which itself is a benzo withdrawal symptom).

Hello, I have several times. Audio hallucinations are the most common.
However, this is from PTSD and not drugs.

I would very much like to hear you method!

Hello, I have several times. Audio hallucinations are the most common.
However, this is from PTSD and not drugs.

I would very much like to hear you method!
Audio record your self for hours at random times, and see if your audio hallucinations get recorded on audio

And if they dont, then they could be real audio hallucinations and for that I have no tips or hacks on how to stop it 🤔

Audio record your self for hours at random times, and see if your audio hallucinations get recorded on audio
Thanks! I will try it if it ever last long or gets real bad.
Most of the time I can hear it in my head if that makes any sense.

Update:
I'm one week clean from Benzos and decided to try Nos tonight. At first I felt a lot like negrogesic said.

I did have a brief calmness but noticed that the Nos was not hitting like it normally would. I.e. I would normally be in a trance like state for about 15 seconds after doing some. This time I noticed almost no immediate high. It was only after taking two back to back that I notice some of the effects. Also about 3 hours after doing some, I noticed a small increase in anxiety and body temperature.

I wonder if the withdrawal from benzo caused the Nos to not be that effective.

All in all, I would rate it 2/10 for an experience.
Pros
- Very calm for about 30 minutes
Cons
- Money
- Anxiety after the fact
- Not as enjoyable

Conclusion:
Would not reccomend trying Nos after 1 week clean from Benzos.