View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous: high concentration short hits vs low concentration long time siping

Renald

Bluelighter
What is more dangerous in long term perspective, when you take several hits of highly concentrated nitrous for quite a short time, lets say, 5-10 canisters an evening, or when you are sipping the same amount of nitrous from a large balloon for an hour?
In first situation you have very short moments of extreme highness for a short time and possibly severe oxygen deprivation for a very short time also. Nitrous influences you short time, but in high concentration. I prefer the second method of nitrous delivery, when I take 30-40 liters of nitrous and sip from it for a hour. I have a light feeling of drunkenness with (as I hope) almost no oxygen deprivation, as I take several deep breaths after each sip and SpO2 rarely fell below 90, but nitrous influences me for a quite long time and even after I stop, I feel quite a pleasant afterglow for a additional 30 minutes or hour, after what I fall asleep.
What are you thoughts?

At that level of usage I wouldn't really consider it dangerous. I've never actually seen any evidence that nitrous is actually harmful. I abused nitrous very heavily for several years and it totally destroyed my life, but surprisingly it didn't really cause me any noticeable brain damage. It just made me lose my mind and become basically schizophrenic for a few years. Thankfully that's all over now. One suggestion I would make is... keep your eyes open. Look for the "invisible people". Once you start using heavily you will begin to see them and interact with them. Nitrous is a crazy addiction. Be careful.

I've never understood why people do Nos. I get why people sell it, you can get 100 for £30 and sell the canisters for £1 each, but why do people buy them?
All that ever happens to me is that time slows a little, I feel slightly drunk for 10 seconds, and things go a bit fuzzy.
I have hit it straight from the canister once or twice, all that happened was that people's voices went very deep for a few seconds, and time went much slower than having it out of a balloon.

Honestly it's the weirdest drug. Why do people do it I don't know.

I've never understood why people do Nos. I get why people sell it, you can get 100 for £30 and sell the canisters for £1 each, but why do people buy them?
All that ever happens to me is that time slows a little, I feel slightly drunk for 10 seconds, and things go a bit fuzzy.
I have hit it straight from the canister once or twice, all that happened was that people's voices went very deep for a few seconds, and time went much slower than having it out of a balloon.

Honestly it's the weirdest drug. Why do people do it I don't know.

Well, it feels really good. And when you have enough money to buy huge quantities of it, it can become incredibly addictive. And the addiction itself is similar to a crack addiction.

At that level of usage I wouldn't really consider it dangerous. I've never actually seen any evidence that nitrous is actually harmful. I abused nitrous very heavily for several years and it totally destroyed my life, but surprisingly it didn't really cause me any noticeable brain damage. It just made me lose my mind and become basically schizophrenic for a few years. Thankfully that's all over now. One suggestion I would make is... keep your eyes open. Look for the "invisible people". Once you start using heavily you will begin to see them and interact with them. Nitrous is a crazy addiction. Be careful.

What were your symptoms after a long time usage? What was your usage pattern?

It is expensive if you are buying it in whipped cream canisters, but in large high pressure tanks it is very cheap. My tank contains about 8 kg of this stuff, this means I have an equivalence of 1000 whipped cream canisters for a very tiny price. Also, after tried it for several times at high concentration, as users advice to use (exhale all the air, inhale full lungs, exhale into the balloon, inhale the same again), I noticed I cant distinguish where the effect of nitrous is overwhelmed by effect of hypoxia, so I chose to slowly sip it from a large balloon and always oxygenate myself. Surely, I have almost no dissociative feelings, only a little bit drunk feeling with the warmth in my body, but I think it is safer. The only one idea which forces me think about stopping using it is that I hit my receptors for a long time a day (it may be a hour or even more) instead several minutes when the same is done to achieve extreme highness. The "extreme highness" method of nitrous delivery wears in several minutes with almost no aftereffects. The "slow sip" method, if I used the substance for at least half a hour, continue to have a pronounced effect for quite a long time after I stopped breathing.

Well, it feels really good. And when you have enough money to buy huge quantities of it, it can become incredibly addictive. And the addiction itself is similar to a crack addiction.

That's strange, I've never gotten euphoria from it. Maybe I wasn't doing enough? How many canisters in a row do you have to hit to feel good?
I used to buy like 5 canisters at a time and do them one after the other out of a balloon. maybe 20 canisters the whole evening, with drinks. never made me feel good, kind of felt like i was getting ripped off a little. 20 canisters cost me £20, lol I could've bought weed instead.

i have friends who've done like 300 canisters in a night. never understood it. is that how much you have to do to feel good? might buy a box of 100 and do it all to see what you mean.

I have done so much nitrous...everytime i would splurge on a hundred chargers or so they would be gone within a week. Thankfully Im not addicted to it, as it is incredibly enjoyable. two chargers in a balloon, a couple inhales and I was vibrating in a mind warping spiral. Havent done nitrous in over a year.

N2O on it's own is kinda boring but it's an awesome booster for psychedelics or other dissociatives.
Dxm+thc+n2o used to be my favorite combo.

N2O on it's own is kinda boring but it's an awesome booster for psychedelics or other dissociatives.
Dxm+thc+n2o used to be my favorite combo.

Was thinking of doing DXM for the first time, might kill 2 birds with 1 stone and combine it with NO3 and weed like you say.
Does it just complement the DXM euphoria?