• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous dispenser spitting out frozen fragments?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
So we have this nitrous cracker, the larger dispenser kind, and all of a sudden it started spitting out what seems to be pieces of frozen material or maybe even metal

It started in september, we got an airbnb in a city to stay after a show, and we purchased some "Ultra Pure Whip" brand chargers. We have used this cracker for years now, and pretty much always just do them straight out of the dispenser and dont use a balloon. I know people recommend against this, but we've probably done them this way collectively thousands of times and never had any issue. IME its never cold coming out of it, and its much easier to moderate how much you consuming this way rather than a balloon (I have a hunch the horror stories of freezing your lungs is from people using the small hand-held crackers and idiotically launching them straight into there lungs).

Anyways, it was late into the night and most people had gone to bed, since I was on acid I was up a bit later and was doing them myself attempting to blast off, wasn't really getting where I wanted to and felt I was maybe forcing it/chasing the dragon. I attempted to do a double, and on the second charger I inhaled and felt a sharp (cold?), almost painful pin prick on my tongue. This totally killed the trip and sort of spooked the shit out of me, in my high state I thought "maybe this is the nerve damage they were talking about!!" and instantly went to bed.

Fast forward a few month, and one night my friend takes one out of this dispenser and exclaim "holy shit something just flew out into my mouth!", sort of spooked him too. But this was sort of good for me, since it confirmed that yeah something was flying out of the dispenser and it wasn't anything to do with my nerves lol.

But both times this happened we were unable to actually find a piece of anything, my friend speculates that these "Ultra Pure Whip" brand chargers are shitty/cheap, so maybe we're getting a fragment of the metal seal flying out. We had leftovers from out trip so we were just using them up, but we normally use ICO brand, which seem to be really high quality since they're used by a chain of coffee shops in our city and you buy them straight from them (they actually use them, they're not just the ones that are clearly just for getting high).

Anywho, we've tried checking the tank and there are no fragments of anything rolling around in there, I'm trying to convince the owner to just let me put the whole damn thing in the dish washer but he's attached to the stupid stickers he's decorated the tank with (lol).

Any similar experiences? thoughts? Won't be doing them directly from this canister anymore.

If you're reusing a balloon that has condensation in it from your breath obviously if you're dumping a bunch of high pressure gas it's going to get super duper cold. Almost certain you are getting very small ice or snow particles completely harmless.

This happened to me for a while, and it turns out the dispenser had a lot of gunk built up in it. It would feel like I was inhaling ice shards right as I started to feel the nitrous and it really freaked me out every time. I'd feel them hit my lungs/throat and then melt which was really weird when I was getting all nitrousy.

So, an update. Last night we picked up some ISI cartridges, which are known to be good (or at least they look fancy, have good reviews all around and are substantially more expensive.).

The second I inhaled I knew something was different instantly, it tasted sweeter and the high came on much more intense and quickly, it was like night and day in comparison. I think the "ultra-pure" brand ones we picked up from a sleazy smoke shop were just poor quality, threw out the last 5 i had.

I've heard people say the quality of cartridges varies, yet all the companies selling them boast the same "8 grams of the purest nitrous oxide". Hard to tell, but this sort of confirms it for me that they certainly do vary in quality. And something tells me the ones that are purely targeted at people wanting to get high are going to be worse quality than ones that are actually meant to be used for their intended purpose of making good whipped cream lol.

Last edited: