• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nitrous and oxygen levels (personal research)

And in fact I am attacking you. A bit of fresh breath between nitrous and I’m over 95% a lot of it but I can keep hitting it for a REAL effects , real NMDA antagonist effects and get waaaay lower… So I bet I can lower it waaaaay below 90% even with O2 if I was aiming for a high

Ok, lowest since I got on BL is 77 but for a sec and I’m a bit offended by a guy who thinks nitrous is a safe drug lol

It spikes back to 97 - 98 within few breaths if I don’t keep hitting it and have in mind that my levels normally, IN HOSPITAL TOO, are usually 95 – 96 so body somehow kicks it up

Tho if kept pushing I could keep it 85 – 95, nough for this “poor man’s ether” for a life lol

I think I’m pretty much with this drug for a long time. Wouldn’t like to end up as a RIP dude from fucked-up-life-changing-experience or whatever and I’m pretty sure it isn’t up to him holding breath a lot and not nitrous itself

This has 100% done more damage than good…. As does nitrous generally, well that ain’t true as I stated opposite above BUT booze is generally also good – bad

Today I got HIGH AS FUCK and using CLOTH to filter nitrous helped to get high… Again I just suggest ETHER and leave nitrous for combos or losers like I and you know who here ;)

For those who didn’t read it, here’s this thread - https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/nitrous-oxide-experienced-life-changing-problems.445374/

This is why I’ll stop doing nitrous in form of whippets, without O2, or keep it for combos. Not only this thread but observations I’ve made during this “study”. Well at least I intend so but nitrous is available, feels great (no matter it’s poor mans Ether, I’ll elaborate that too) and it HELPS. I felt asleep, well to be correct knocked out myself with pills yesterday after, hm, a lot of whippet, >125 and woke up pretty alive. I feel I was destroying myself yesterday. I didn’t pass out once, I think, I blacked out for a moment or two once or twice. I had a really deep experience, life-changing in a senese. Kind of that you can get with nitrous only abusing it, not using it. That is correct for whippets only at least (hooked up to 50 – 50 mix with O2 somehow I doubt this is possible, I’ll elaborate that too) but might be nitrous coupled by oxygen deprivation. I think this might be true, second assumption, coupled with nitrous “taking over” in blood at levels it can’t when it’s competing with unnaturally high O2 levels. I feel so cuz lowest level I hit, 77% (probably a glitch?) and usual being about 88% after inhaling one whippet directly from bottle (pressure will fuck up your ears after some time so better use balloon, you also anaesthetise your air passeges so can inhale it real cold, real fast soon) high is bound to be stronger than nitrous taking up only few % instead 10 – 20 – 25% in the blood, at least to me that makes sense. It’s a hippy crack after all, not hippy slow onset, long duration, mild dentist stuff ain’t it? Having only few % of nitrous in the blood for hours probably builds up effects to same intensity, BUT I doubt in all of it’s mechanisms.

Also I exhale to balloon, and when I wait for % to hit 97 – 99 (btw my usual is 95 - 96 so this is interesting too) and inhale again, it drops by few % less and high feels exponentially weaker, I exhale to balloon and second inhale from it drops levels only by few % and it feels again exponentially weaker so I would say those who use balloons, re-inhaling it more than once isn’t really worth it, you mostly feel effects from the first inhale anyway.

I have a lot more to write about this but first have to take care some things.

Also sorry to anyone who felt attacked as I wasn’t attacking anyone personally BUT fact we need to do drugs like this. Fact that 02 whippets or canisters (B12 ampoules too) ain’t sold beside this drugs so everyone can use it in as safe manner.

To be continued

Here’s another important thing. I checked out precision of oximeter and it’s like this, from 70% O2 saturation and up +/-2%, for lower than 70% it isn’t precised and since device is suitable for use in clinical that can only mean that under that it becomes too unprecised for considering that measures. I assume that under 70% it gives out wild results. I bet person on erowid who stated 30 something saturation must have had such device. And can it or not track and somehow write or transfer that data isn’t implication in quality of measurement. But I can’t definitely confirm or deny if that person used something that’s really precise even at unusually low saturation I still wouldn’t discard possibility that someone hitting nitrous really hard might hit extremely low levels. Another possibility is that had I bottle that can be filled with 2 or more whippets that it’s possible it would cause significantly lower results. As inhaling one or inhaling more than one whippet might significantly affect displacement of O2.

Hypoxia is why I didn't try nitrous more than a handful of times. The high feels very akin to fainting which I hate.

No problem. I know you are trying to help but this problem is pretty much moot when I am pumping in pure O2 at 15PSI all the time. The mix I am using has more O2 than the air we breathe all day.
Yeah figured out since if it was same levels as in air you would still have significant dips.

When you inhale do you hold breath for some time? I think, at least the way I use it now, or used to, it seems that is absorbed almost instantly, in some amount (I assume most of nitrous exhaled is actually what wasn’t absorbed and not from the blood too). If I inhale rather slowly from a bottle and as I finish exhale to balloon even than O2 levels don’t start falling immediately while inhaling but will even if I breath in fresh air immediately after. That pretty much makes use of nitrous without pure oxygen along it a sure road to hypoxic territory.

Hypoxia is why I didn't try nitrous more than a handful of times. The high feels very akin to fainting which I hate.
Well that’s not a bad decision.

I remember reading and hearing as a teen how main problem with nitrous is vitamin b deficiency and death if pure is breathed with mask. Yeah, sure.. Met more than one junkie/festival goer who knows nitrous user are often burned out. Is it mostly due to hypoxia or hypoxia + NMDA antagonism and all the other effects….who knows. I feel really stupid for believing nitrous whippets can be treated as a safe drug, worse that can happen you faint was a word preached by many.

I’ve entered nitrous game late and hopefully quit at time. I used to do a little every once in a while or keep it for combos with psychedelics. But than I found myself in a place where legal NMDA antagonist seemed to help me a lot, to deal with some stuff, to move from some stuff and people but along that I also learned to “pull out” real, strong dissociative effects and started to love it even alone or in lame combos.

I’m so glad I got this damn oximeter and plan to get better one and bigger bottle. Fuck it, take another one for the team to get results of finer granulation.

Tho I did learn which effects definitely have to do with hypoxia, some subtle body sensations that are signs of fucking up body/brain real good. O yeah, not even doctors I met mentioned that nitrous is problematic because of hypoxia, wtf they all assume everyone got tanks of O2?

Anyway this all kind of struck me as another shitty thing that’s in common use but can, did or will have significant consequences on (ab)users. Maybe bans around globe ain’t only cuz of littering? Surely it’s easier to ban it than to educate people of dangers so they either limit use, get pure O2 on the side or...well fucking destroy themselves as they are and should be allowed to do so from booze to chloro-amphetamine. But nothing should be demonized as worse than it is or glorified as a safe, like what someone on BL wrote in thread about nitrous WD, drug-like gas. And most of us here know a lot more than average user of nitrous so extent of problem is really unknown as BL hardly reflects usual levels of HR among users of any drug.

Well that’s not a bad decision.

I remember reading and hearing as a teen how main problem with nitrous is vitamin b deficiency and death if pure is breathed with mask. Yeah, sure.. Met more than one junkie/festival goer who knows nitrous user are often burned out. Is it mostly due to hypoxia or hypoxia + NMDA antagonism and all the other effects….who knows. I feel really stupid for believing nitrous whippets can be treated as a safe drug, worse that can happen you faint was a word preached by many.

I’ve entered nitrous game late and hopefully quit at time. I used to do a little every once in a while or keep it for combos with psychedelics. But than I found myself in a place where legal NMDA antagonist seemed to help me a lot, to deal with some stuff, to move from some stuff and people but along that I also learned to “pull out” real, strong dissociative effects and started to love it even alone or in lame combos.

I’m so glad I got this damn oximeter and plan to get better one and bigger bottle. Fuck it, take another one for the team to get results of finer granulation.

Tho I did learn which effects definitely have to do with hypoxia, some subtle body sensations that are signs of fucking up body/brain real good. O yeah, not even doctors I met mentioned that nitrous is problematic because of hypoxia, wtf they all assume everyone got tanks of O2?

Anyway this all kind of struck me as another shitty thing that’s in common use but can, did or will have significant consequences on (ab)users. Maybe bans around globe ain’t only cuz of littering? Surely it’s easier to ban it than to educate people of dangers so they either limit use, get pure O2 on the side or...well fucking destroy themselves as they are and should be allowed to do so from booze to chloro-amphetamine. But nothing should be demonized as worse than it is or glorified as a safe, like what someone on BL wrote in thread about nitrous WD, drug-like gas. And most of us here know a lot more than average user of nitrous so extent of problem is really unknown as BL hardly reflects usual levels of HR among users of any drug.

I tried nitrous 3 times during a weekend festival and each time it gave me major brain fog for hours after. It dulled the high of the other drugs I was on (MDMA, LSD). The guy I was with was super into it and carried around his whippets container everywhere. Honestly I thought it was kind of ghetto. Reminded me of huffing gas or something.