• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Nitrazepam vs. Temazepam

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

For those with experience with both medications, which do you prefer and why? I have been on Temazepam 30MG for years and it definitely helps me sleep but sometimes it doesn't. I find I have to take it within an hour of attempting to sleep as if I take it earlier I cannot sleep at all. Not much experience with Nitrazepam so am wondering if it is more beneficial and if you would recommend asking to be switched over from Temazepam. Thanks in advance

Well both are primarily used for insomnia. Nitrazepam is probably a little stronger than Temazepam but it has a longer half life which can make u feel a bit hunger over the next day. Temazepam has a shorter half life and it is preferred because of this.

I doubt Temazepam would be more benefical over Nitrazepam but its worth a try I guess.

You're likely to get mixed answers here. Personally I probably prefer nitrazepam but only just barely. Due to the cross tolerance youre unlikely to feel much from the switch, but if youre feeling very little from temazepam then why not try it?