• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Nitrazepam is the holy grail

That’s only benzo I tried that really worked for sleep, only 5mg (and I never took more than 10mg; for those who don’t know it comes in 5 and 20mg pills at least where I live) with big benzo tolerance. Go figure…

Still I opted out of using for same reason as that seemed sketchy. How the fuck 5mg can work if 50mg of diazepam hardly helps and even 100mg isn’t that effective for sleep at all. My tolerance was that high when I tried nitrazepam so it must work via some specific mechanism previous benzos I used still didn’t scramble and nitrazepam would sooner or latter. Nowadays my tolerance is low enough that 15 or 30mg of oksazepam would help me fall asleep, at least fist few days I would take it for that, but I try to steer away from anything but a tiny dose of any benzos and work on curing insomnia in a different ways and with less damaging stuff. But for those who suffer from insomnia I agree it’s very effective for a very long time, actually I used it on few occasions for weeks at a time and it was still highly effective, not as first few days but enough to make me fall asleep pretty quickly and stay asleep.

I’m really interested to find out more about that specific feature of nitrazepam and possible non-benzo alternatives that “push the same buttons”..

I wouldn't consider a hypnotic benzo to be the holy grail for anxiety, even stuff like lorazepam was too sedating for me but I never took nitrazepam yet so I might be wrong. I liked pagoclone though.

I wouldn't consider a hypnotic benzo to be the holy grail for anxiety, even stuff like lorazepam was too sedating for me but I never took nitrazepam yet so I might be wrong. I liked pagoclone though.
I second this. Hypnotic benzos are not the holy grail. Anxiolytic benzos are.

No doubt that nitrazepam is up there near the top. It is superior to flunitrazepam, but likely inferior to nimetazepam. I'd put it up at the same level as temazepam, triazolam, diazepam, and nimetazepam.

Simply put, nitrazepam is godlike for both anxiety and sleeping too. Its potent hypnotic qualities make it the Best benzo ever Made.
Have you ever experienced benzo withdrawal? I have never taken nitrazepam, but I have taken more Xanax than you can shake a stick at, so I’m sure your description of it is 100% accurate. Most if not all benzos are heavenly, but with heaven comes hell. Benzo wd is no joke and if you haven’t experienced it, be very careful of how much you’re taking. If you have gone thru it, disregard this message…

I bought 20x 5mg nitrazepams today for the next week. Will give my feedback soon.

Sorry for bumping ol thread

Nimetazepam is probably better but all of the nitrobenzodiazepines (to the best of my knowledge) all carry the risk of liver damage. MANY years ago when I was designing novel benzodiazepines, I looked at a large Swedish study and it was noted that 70% of intentional, fatal overdoses involving benzodiazepines were caused by nitrobenzodiazepines.

My logic was simple - I wouldn't design anything that would be dangerous even taken at huge doses. There are multiple reports (as well as MANY studies including meta-analyses) that show that even if someone take multiple GRAMS of diazepam, they will be heavily sedated (read - unconscious) but they will recover.

That isn't the case with the nitrobenzodiazepines. What was unexpected was that the more potent analogues (such as flunitrazepam) didn't display a better TI. I don't know why that is the case - I WOULD like to know.

which clonazepam is also if am not mistaken a nitrobenzo, that is why I never reacted good to those cause probably something with my liver enzymes at the time but liver is regenerative so now when more than a decade without alchohol and with beter nutrition when I tried both of them they workedd without causing me rashes or allergic reactions, but that was just for comedown from festival used so..

which clonazepam is also if am not mistaken a nitrobenzo, that is why I never reacted good to those cause probably something with my liver enzymes at the time but liver is regenerative so now when more than a decade without alchohol and with beter nutrition when I tried both of them they workedd without causing me rashes or allergic reactions, but that was just for comedown from festival used so..

Oh, I think the paper only discusses acute toxicity, or at least only acute hepatotoxicity.

In the Swedish study their wasn't a single death associated with intentional temazepam or triazolam overdose. That's what struck me.

I should add that for alcohol mimics, both a 7/8 ethynyl (CH≡C-) or trimethylsilyl ((CH3)3SI-) provide a5 selectivity BUT in animal models, the trimethylsilyl homologues were more toxic so it was a path that was quickly abandoned.

I think it's pretty common for people to think benzos aren't doing anything if you don't feel fucked up.

If people want 'fucked up' then zolazepam is WAY ahead of everything else. It's 'only' about x4 diazepam in potency but it's water-soluble (so can be snorted) and it's LogP means it crosses the BBB very quickly.

I obtained some and essentially a small line resulted in me passing out within seconds and waking up an hour later. The dose/response curve mean it's more or less just a one hour sleep... Only the INSANE would derive pleasure from that, I presume.