Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Nightmares for a few days

stak12

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

So last Saturday I went out for a 8h rave, through out the whole night did about 0.4 MDMA (good quality), 0.4 speed (amphetamine) and 1 green warner bross pill, with a bit of whiskey.

Been rolling for just over a year, bout once a month, should add my tolerance is quite high. (on a normal roll i usually take about 0.5 of mdma)

Anyway usual comedown on the Sunday, then Monday woke up normally, by afternoon felt quite depressed (which never happens 2 days after, my comedown always only lasted the next day) so had a few drinks that day, then took 300mg of 5HTP before sleep.

That night I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time, didnt sleep the whole night, Tuesday had a bit of a fever, went away on Wednesday, but both Tuesday and Wednesday had nightmares.

Anyone else experienced this, did I take too much or maybe the 5htp caused this? Took 100mg htp yesterday and 50mg today, should i take anymore or stop?

Any advice appreciated, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I always have sleep paralysis and some nightmares for a few nights after *high dose* mdma sessions. I used to take 5-htp after rolling but I don't think it ever did anything for me. I just let my brain repair on its own.

Well first of all, that is a lot of MDMA and speed. Amphetamines are generally a bad mix with MDMA as well. On top of that you drank.
I think you just don't realize that the amount you are using is too much.

As for the sleep paralysis, I have also had that on different occasions. It's quite normal. I don't get night terrors, but many of my friends do, especially after raves. I'm not sure why.
For the 5-HTP, I never take it personally anymore, but when I did use it, I used 200mg a day for 3-7 days depending on how I felt.

The 5-HTP isn't the problem. In fact, it's shown to prevent night terrors, anxiety, insomnia, etc. You just took too high of a dose.
Take it easy

thanks guys, ye i have slept walk for past 3 days then woke up, this freaked me up the most, in terms of dosage I usually take 0.5 in 1 night. I guess it all depends of your mass body and md purity, i weight for example 90kg. some md is 80% and other is 40%