Irritated Night cold sweats? Methadone or benzo WD?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
So I go to bed, or try to, in like 3 layers cause it’s cold in my current house but then if I fall asleep or even if I don’t I’m still cold but by 6-7 am I am covered in sweats shivering.

It’s really a frustrating withdrawal symptom I’ve never dealt with before.

It’s been nearly 3 weeks methadone free but i got a subutex taper down to .5 mg maybe 5 days ago?

Is this a methadone thing? And will it go away

Thanks

I never had that with a slow methadone taper, but if it was Benzo withdrawal you would know- by far out of any drug it is the worst for me, I was laying hitting the bed for 2 nights before I was put back on Diazepam by the hospital.

If you are sleeping I would say it isn't Benzo withdrawal, with that it is pure panic and no sleep.

So I go to bed, or try to, in like 3 layers cause it’s cold in my current house but then if I fall asleep or even if I don’t I’m still cold but by 6-7 am I am covered in sweats shivering.

Very mild and typical opioid WD.

Very mild and typical opioid WD.

It’s lasted a month I wouldn’t call waking up drenched in sweat a mild WD and I’ve cold turkey Oxys heroin and Suboxone before.

It’s weird my withdrawals have changed over the years. restless legs don’t happen anymore, but the fatigue, Sweats, depression and insomnia are fucking real

It’s a good sign. Your doing great

Sensitivity to temperature is a classic opiate withdrawal symptom and it changes its bipolar mind two seconds later. Frozen without but sweating buckets under a thin sheet.. sheet on sheet off. Sheet on sheet off.. freedoms at the end

It’s lasted a month I wouldn’t call waking up drenched in sweat a mild WD and I’ve cold turkey Oxys heroin and Suboxone before.

It’s weird my withdrawals have changed over the years. restless legs don’t happen anymore, but the fatigue, Sweats, depression and insomnia are fucking real
You can do this.. I fucking did so that means you surely can.

Are you planning to fully jump opiates??

You can do this.. I fucking did so that means you surely can.

Are you planning to fully jump opiates??

Yes the goal is opiate free and I can’t wait to
See through the other side. Thankfully I’m in a sober house so unless I leave relapse isn’t really an option.

So many people have told me people don’t get off methadone. I’m ready to break free from the chains.

Thank you

There is no easy way out. We all pay the piper, but its a cheap price to escape from the oven. What you experience crawling out is only temporary.

Post your taper schedule and we should be able to give you a strong timeline for your exit.

Yes the goal is opiate free and I can’t wait to
See through the other side. Thankfully I’m in a sober house so unless I leave relapse isn’t really an option.

So many people have told me people don’t get off methadone. I’m ready to break free from the chains.

Thank you

That's a commendable decision. So many people just refuse to get off of it.

There is no easy way out. We all pay the piper, but its a cheap price to escape from the oven. What you experience crawling out is only temporary.

Post your taper schedule and we should be able to give you a strong timeline for your exit.

I’ll do my best. December 14 I went to detox with a 110 mg methadone habit as well as 3-5 grams of heroin 3x a week IV.

100 hours in they gave me 1 mg
Of subutex up to 20 mg within 24 hours.

So December 18-19 I was on 20 mg subutex.

The following 10 days I was tapered from 20 mg of subutex and 30 mg of Valium / temazepam.

By December 29 I was on 0.5 mg of subutex and 10 mg Valium.

I got to this sober house on December 30.

48 hours after that a kid gave me a 2
Mg sub which I used over 3-4 days.

Now I’ve been off for like 5 days, I took like a 0.5 mg last night to sleep with success.

It’s been a dysfunctional taper but I feel the other side is close

It’s like the suffering has been spread out but way less painful than cold turkey. I gotta tip my hat to the detox in Colorado.

They checked my blood pressure every 6 hours, medicated me as needed and did everything.

I probably wouldn’t be here without that 2000 miles from home and the nurses treating me like their family.

So your looking at 10 to 14 days after your last dose for the first miracle when the acutes begin to get much better. Due to your personal physiology. type and level of use this may happen right away or come about slower. You should start to feel better and better day by day after 10 to 14 days.

Many people then find themselves in a short period of great elation. Pink cloud

Following this the PAWS period presents. Based on the level of your use and the combinations you used you may deal with the symptoms of this for a year or so. Mine lasted one and a quarter.

Taking a minute to read up on PAWS and come up with a strong starting plan to treat this will significantly increase your chances and make your trip much better.

your doing great!! Shits fkn hard!! Give yourself credit for what you have already done and keep moving forward no matter what.

Last edited:
Methadone is a brutally long withdrawal from what I've heard, sounds like that's definitely the culprit.

How are you feeling now have you gotten through the worst of it?

Methadone is a brutally long withdrawal from what I've heard, sounds like that's definitely the culprit.

How are you feeling now have you gotten through the worst of it?
Two weeks, after the first 4 days it's bearable, I say weed really helps, 20 years of smack and crack and never been back.