• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Nicotine with selegyline

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
Sorry if a similar question has been posted before, I have looked through the forum and browzed the web but found almost nothing. I want to know how using selegyline to block most or all MAOb enzyme activity would affect the subjective affects of nicotine, particularly when delivered in hits by electronic siggerets. I have read many studies on tobacco and its MAOi activity and therefore sinagistic enhancement of nicotine reward. However selegyline is probably the most commonly available and safist selective MAOi, and so I want to focus this thread on its utility as a nicotine reward booster.
Has anyone used this combination, if so what were your experiances?
Please note, I do not advise adding selegyline to e-liquid but rather taking it before using nicotine inorder to separate the affects of selegyline allown from those of MAOI inhibition on the subjective affects of Nicotine.

Does anyone have any idea about this. If I could I would try it myself. Please, if anyone has experience with selegyline and nicotine post it hear. Every time I ask this question on other forums, I get no responses and I can't understand why, given the potential for strong uforia.

We can try Other Drugs? Not sure if it's full fledged enough for Advanced Drug Discussion..
I'll shift it over to Other Drugs and see if you get more hits there, if it doesnt belong there, Mods, shift'er back over here and if any Advanced Drug Discussion peeps are reading, maybe you can answer this one easily?

Effects of Monoamine Oxidase Inhibition on the Reinforcing Properties of Low-Dose Nicotine

Cholinergic modulation of dopamine pathways through nicotinic acetylcholine receptors

A couple papers related to your topic. Neither is open access, so if you don't have access to the journals, I might be able to find something open access for you instead.

I read through the latter paper, but only skimmed the former. The first paper I mainly added because they're claiming MAOa inhibtion actually has a stronger affect on boosting nicotine associated reward pathways.

In short, you wouldn't be directly increasing the cholinergic activity via nicotinic receptors. That would be extremely toxic and unpleasant. Rather, it's working through an extremely complex interplay between dopaminergic and cholinergic neurons. Interestingly, many of the affects of parkinson's is really caused by an imbalance of cholinergic and dopaminergic activity, so MAO inhibitors will partially restore that balance, and in addition to increasing dopaminergic activity, they may mitigate some of the negative side effects associated with the increased cholinergic activity.

IMHO, I don't think nicotine itself is a very pleasant psychoactive, and I think its the MAOI activity that's primarily responsible for the pleasurable feelings one gets from tobacco. I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, but I've added what I can

I've taken Selegeline and Parnate, but quit both after a couple months. I didn't notice any nicotine interaction while smoking ~20 cigs/day.