• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nicotine nauseating on an opioid come down

Codeine Demon

Bluelighter
Basically it's in the title but sometimes when I'm coming down from an opioid high I find smoking really nauseating, although not all the time, I am however currently experiencing this and was just wondering if someone could explain it? Also on a side note I'm a vaper/smoker but don't find vaping nauseating.

I drank poppy pod tea about 8 hours ago, I just smoked a roll up and then really had to try hard not to throw up, anyone experienced this?

So I just threw up, think I slightly OD on this occasion, but I do frequently find smoking tobacco nauseating when on an opioid high and would love to know why or if this common at all???

Basically it's in the title but sometimes when I'm coming down from an opioid high I find smoking really nauseating, although not all the time, I am however currently experiencing this and was just wondering if someone could explain it? Also on a side note I'm a vaper/smoker but don't find vaping nauseating.

I drank poppy pod tea about 8 hours ago, I just smoked a roll up and then really had to try hard not to throw up, anyone experienced this?

That's because both the opioid withdrawal and nicotine increase adrenaline, so you're sick because you got too much adrenaline. Your problem is resolved by taking either Clonidine 0.1mg or Intuniv XR 2mg to relieve adrenergic pressure.

Oh nice one thanks a lot man, that's always bugged me, on a side note I don't suppose you know how long I should wait to eat something after throwing up under these circumstances as I'm hungry as shit now

Electrolyte water, vitamin water, Gatorade, Powerade.

Bananas and apples

Crackers and bread

Chicken noodle soup

I could definitely get behind some chicken noodle soup right now, yep I'm gonna make some right now, appreciate that suggestion greatly