• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc nicotine inhaler

homeydontplaythat

Bluelighter
anyone used this? its free with medicaid, i figure it may help cut down and reduce cost. i think i read its only a tenth as strong as a cig though; 10 puffs = 1 puff of a cig. im totally going to talk to my dr about it though. the nasal spray seems like a pain in the ass. the lozenge made me vomit. the gum sucks. the patches are nauseating too. still i think the patch with the inhaler could be pretty useful.

The reason why nicotine by itself simply isn't going to work for you is because cigarette smoke contains MAOI's. Nicotine in itself is not the same as smoking a cigarette, and does not have the same addiction potential.

If the patches/pills/lozenge didn't work for you, I doubt an inhaler would either.

The inhaler has the added benefit of replicating the habit. The habit being the act of smoking and not the drug response.

Yeah if your used to smoking cigs then using an inhaler that is only a 10th of what a cig is isn't going to satisfy your cravings .

I find cutting down a cig(s) evryday helps and is how I quit .

Patches and other stuff didn't do shit for me lol

sounds like an E-Cig, I had one, It was great for airports and shit like that, but I could not last a full week smoking only on that vapor... I need some smoke in me lungs.

ive smoked alot.... and smoked every day during my three year heroin addiction.......

but ive never been addicted....never had a problem stopping.....

not the same with opiates, alc, and benzos......

I’ve been trying to find whatever I can to add for a stimulant so I can taper off Adderall. Caffeine, teacrine, theanine,etc.. i’ve used it all. I also tried this cheap little nicotine Vape pen. Didn’t do much. A buddy of mine was telling me the natural American spirits give you a good rush so I tried it for the first time today and I must say I was surprisingly pleased with the alertness and cognitive function gave me. The high was short-lived only about 20 to 30 minutes but that was only off two or three puffs. The thing is my lungs are about the only body part of mine that is pure. I can’t stand smoking anything and even tiny puffs I’m coughing and definitely don’t want the negative side effects from smoke in my lungs. I know another option would be chew but then again I don’t want the chances of cancer from that. What would a good route be to get a similar amount of nicotine as an American Spirit cigarette without smoking it or chew? The gum? Inhaler? Etc.? Thanks

Given the adderall dose is below 60 mg and supervised by a doctor. Replacing it with smoking reguardless of if it is all natural sounds to me literly fataly flawed logic given the evidence and enormous amounts of death due to smoking.

I use dry tobacco as "chew" for a part of my day. But for the rest i use nicotine gum. If you do use chew it is not a safer alternative to adderall. But if you do avoid any of the flavored ones with sugar. Does it taste better probably (atless your so addicted to nicotine like me i love my gum and unflavored tobacco for its nicotine potency. To me i have such strong associations between tobaccos plain taste and nicotine i actually like it somewhat like pavlovs dog) . However, if you keep putting basically tobacco candy in your gums the sugar is proven to cause damage. Also make sure you take care of your teeth.

Personally the safest mechanism to get nicotine is gum. I love chewing it and the clearly labeled dose. Some brands taste better than that others.

While not for me vaping also is a potential choice definitely greatly outweighing smoking.

I used the inhaler to quit, worked really well. I wasn't a huge smoker, but I would smoke about 6 or 7 cigs a day consistently for years, and the inhaler really helped since it took the place of the physical cigarette. I had tried gum and patches before but that physical element was really missing. It's not going to give you everything, obviously you don't get the smoke or anything like that, but if you really want to quit I think it's a good thing to look into.

And just to be clear because there seems to be some confusion here with some, an inhaler is not an e-cig. The inhaler is just a piece of plastic with a spongy thing inside that has nicotine in it. There's no vapor or anything, you just suck on it to get the mist out.

I quit smoking using the inhaler and an e-cig. Then ditched those 2 weeks later. That was ~5 years ago. I still don't smoke. Keep it mind I REALLY wanted to quit... so I probably would have done it without the inhaler. But still, it helped.

Nicotine gum is probably you best bet. Less health risks than chew or smoking by far, and much more effective in terms of stimulation compared to ecigs imho

How about the mouth spray? I was reading an article about the best methods and the chart starts with the worst and ends with the best.

• Smoking
  • Chewing tobacco
  • E-cigs/vaping
  • Nicotine gum
  • Nicotine patches
  • Nicotine inhaler
  • Nicotine lozenges
  • Nicotine mouth spra

Id put all the nicotine gum spray patch inhaler lozenges and mouth spray as roughly equal and just come down to preference. But i strongly prefer gum.